Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAX SMITE Tencent Interview + Kali Skin Giveaway

General Manager Reputation: 526

Default PAX SMITE Tencent Interview + Kali Skin Giveaway

http://mmohuts.com/videos/smite-dev-...-kali-giveaway

Sunday at PAX I had a one-on-one with HiRez COO Todd Harris to get the scoop on the recent partnership announcement with Tencent, focus on revamping game aesthetics and UI, and the upcoming 10v10 GotD mode.

And he not only answered my questions honestly, he even threw a large batch of Kali convention skins my way that I can share with you! 8 posters that tell us what your ideal Chinese deity or legendary Chinese hero is that you'd like to see added to the game in the upcoming wave of new gods will be PMed an unlock code for the rare Convention Kali red skin! So get to posting your ideas now!
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 09-05-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I really love the Guan Yu rework that they did recently and it made me think of another person from that era who would be perfect. Lu Bu would be a great addition. Both Guan and Bu are from the same era and Lu Bu also has a fair amount of lore to base his character off of. I am not sure what role he would play but it would be amazing to see him implemented.

Maybe the Jade Emperor would be a great addition just because he is so iconic in Chinese history and lit.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

I wish Medusa was in the game, although I think she would be op as hell, look at her, get stunned (obviously that would not happen, otherwise everyone would go medusa).

I would like a Aztec Gods and more Mayan Gods, Xbalanque and Hun Batz feel lonely. More female gods would be sweet too. Hope Tencent help smite spread the world!
    I really want Fu Lu Shou for a new chinese god, for me, he would be the best one.

I really fan of the Chinese pantheon. I love to play Dinasty Warriors (for PS). I could freak out if Liu Bei come to smite
    pleas hirez, please!!!

I think the Jade Emperor would be a great person to add to the game.He definitely has a lot of lore.I love how much more Chinese gods they are adding to the game.

i think phanteon will go very good for a bruiser or a tank god but medusa is good to because her unique ability who is stun and can possible have a ability to do poison.

I wanne see Yen-Lo Wang or NU-GUA

Shenlong!!!! Another dragon from chinese mitology. Ao Kuang is also great but Shenlong gonna be badass! Thanks!

It would Be Cool if Mulan was in the game. she could be like Change and have a pet.

zhu rong,shou hsing,tian-mu,lei gong and kui xing would be nice too
    Last edited by Planeeg; 09-05-2013 at 05:50 PM.

General Manager Reputation: 526

Loving the ideas so far. Keep em rolling. We'll close up the giveaway Monday at noon PST.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

I would like to see Zhu Rong and Xihe added.Zhu Rong would make a descent ranged nuke and Xihe would be a good tanky support.

I would love to see Hou Yi, the husband of Chang'e and master archer

I would like to see Hundun, the Chinese god of Chaos. Now this is a bit of a sweat spot for me, as i love the Chaos archetype, and especially love seeing it in a MOBA. The idea of having a character in a MOBA with the underlying theme of randomization, and the sense that even if an ability is targeted to only you, it can somehow backfire, thrills me. I would love seeing abilities that do not guarantee effects, like say a push-back effect, but only state that something random in the game will happen. Say if you use an AOE ability. It hits two targets. One target, may take a prescribed amount of damage (because at the end of the day, even if abilities have random aspects, they need to at least have something set in stone so the character can function [like at least knowing you will deal some sort of damage to an opponent]) and then gets pushed back, whereas the second target takes damage, but unlike the first target received the random effect of getting stunned rather than pushed back. I understand that its a rather troubling mechanic to have, that can cause many of problems and complaints, but i would still love to have it in all its frustrating goodness.

I'd love to see the Jade Emporer on Smite. Since there are so many gods of death, hell, etc. I think we need a god of Heaven or something/someone similar (:

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 18

Considering Smite has Chang'e, Hi-Rez could indtroduce Houyi, the god of archery who's also her husband, so they might have special voice lines when on the same/opposing team.

Hello forum, I'd really like to see Houtu among the smite gods, because he'll be quite an interesting addition considering he was the god of earth. I think they have room for some interesting abilities as they already have gods that use the power of water or wind!

Zhu Rong - The Chinese God of Fire. He is pretty epic.

Well we are missing Yen Lo Wang and please correct me If Im wrong wasn't there a picture of his character model in game files im iffy on this link and im sorry for posting one
    http://smite.gamepedia.com/File:YLWModel.png

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

Orpheus - As animal charmer.. Could be like a pet summoner like beastmaster to micro with. They dont have one in the game so.

I think that Long Mu, mother of dragons, would be perfect! It would be a great character to play with on smite. I can imagine her summoning dragons for the skills, IT WOULD BE AWESOME!

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 76

I'd like to see the list of the god's of Feng-Du, every single floor.

"What are these Goddamn Animals?"

http://www.twitch.tv/reefmadness - Follow me please

Is like to see Lei Gong or Tu Di Gong. Lei Gong because he's a god of lighting and Tu Di Gong cause he's a god of earth and we don't have any gods that can control earth or rock yet I'd like to see hirez try it out

fan-kui or xiao-wu would be good too