Best Free Guild Hosting Site?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Guildlaunch and Enjin are the same. You can customize either a lot.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by mandylion View Post
    what i can tell you about guilds is pretty sad
    becouse it seems every player want to make a guild

with that most guilds are empty
    and i saw that in most mmorpg i play

so i cant figure out why every player want to make a guild ??
    A guild is a community within a community. If you find a good guild you will enjoy the game much more than normal, it's like a home away from home. In turn, you obviously haven't had that experience and that is why you think that.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Apparently I forgot about this thread. But to those who gave feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    Guildlaunch used to be the best, but I'd agree that Enjin has a lot more capability. Guildlaunch is still easier to use, though. We're lucky that there are some nice free guild hosting sites like Enjin and Guildlaunch. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I use enjin. Why? Because it has a lot of functionality, easy group pay with optional survey/deals that users can do to add extra days to your advanced/ultimate subscription, and it comes with a mumble/TS3 server when you get advanced/ultimate.
    @Viney1 - More capability with what? It's been several months now....which service has better capabilities now?
    @ApocaRUFF - I coulda sworn I saw a thread where you had an interest in Guild Launch. Then again, this thread is kinda old. Guild Launch also has a voice-over servers on its advanced plans. Not sure if Guild Launch offers surveys/deals to get more time on the paid plans. What do you mean by "more functionality"?

Lol I could ask what the difference is between Ventrilo and Teamspeak and most people would say Teamspeak has blablabla. Though Ventrilo, for me, is more simplified and easy to use.....but then again, last time I used ventrilo was a few years ago....it may have changed. I've never tried Teamspeak. Ventrilo was also used by some of my other friends. So if I had to answer the question, I would say I've never tried Teamspeak but Ventrilo is very simple to use...so I guess ease-of-use and simplification is what makes it different. Nowadays, Teamspeak is more popular though.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by windrider07 View Post
    -snip-
    I don't remember ever having an interest in Guild Launch. May have been, but I don't remember.

Enjin, at least from what I've experienced and heard, generally has more options when it comes to customization and modules, adminsitration, etc...

Also, ventrilo is almost universally regarded to have sub-par sound quality. The last time I used Vent, which was probably in 2008? The sound quality was akin to what you would expect to get from a badly tuned long-distance radio. Team Speak, unless it's being hosted on someones basement machine, usually has a lot better sound quality, and options for customization and other neat features. Also, I guess the "simple/ease of use" thing is dependent on your perspective. For example, I always thought of ventrilo as overly complicated and annoying to use, while TS3 (which, admittedly was my first VOIP program that I used when I first started playing SWG) seems a lot simpler, easy on the eyes, and generally an over-all better experience.

Recently, I was apart of a guild that was playing ArcheAge and they created a website on Guild Launch. However, not even a week went by before everyone started to get annoyed with it and wanted a change. They ended up going with enjin.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    Guildlaunch used to be the best, but I'd agree that Enjin has a lot more capability. Guildlaunch is still easier to use, though. We're lucky that there are some nice free guild hosting sites like Enjin and Guildlaunch. :P
    I use enjin. Why? Because it has a lot of functionality, easy group pay with optional survey/deals that users can do to add extra days to your advanced/ultimate subscription, and it comes with a mumble/TS3 server when you get advanced/ultimate.
    I don't remember ever having an interest in Guild Launch. May have been, but I don't remember.

Enjin, at least from what I've experienced and heard, generally has more options when it comes to customization and modules, adminsitration, etc...

Also, ventrilo is almost universally regarded to have sub-par sound quality. The last time I used Vent, which was probably in 2008? The sound quality was akin to what you would expect to get from a badly tuned long-distance radio. Team Speak, unless it's being hosted on someones basement machine, usually has a lot better sound quality, and options for customization and other neat features. Also, I guess the "simple/ease of use" thing is dependent on your perspective. For example, I always thought of ventrilo as overly complicated and annoying to use, while TS3 (which, admittedly was my first VOIP program that I used when I first started playing SWG) seems a lot simpler, easy on the eyes, and generally an over-all better experience.

Recently, I was apart of a guild that was playing ArcheAge and they created a website on Guild Launch. However, not even a week went by before everyone started to get annoyed with it and wanted a change. They ended up going with enjin.
    Out of curiosity, what did they get annoyed about? Damn, lol I wish someone could analyze Guild Launch and Enjin cuz it's as though Enjin beats GL in terms of customization and features but there's no specifications on what exact customizations and features are better.

Really? TeamSpeak has better sound? Interesting....well it's more popular nowadays....I guess it'd be interesting to try out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12