Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 851 to 873 of 873

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Discussion

  1. #851
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 13
    liaght's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Up in you.
    Posts
    1,500
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yeah, the speed is pretty decent. I should be able to play in a couple of hours.
    LoL IGN: Kaelsen
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDS...DsCdNrS74b7dzg

    Hate me.

  2. #852
    Game Reviewer Reputation: 47
    Mikedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jackson, NJ
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I know I asked before in this thread, but I've been pretty lazy about finding people to play with.
    I'm trying to make an effort on that right now, though. Is anyone here playing on Balmung?
    Currently playing:
    Warframe

  3. #853
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikedot View Post
    I know I asked before in this thread, but I've been pretty lazy about finding people to play with.
    I'm trying to make an effort on that right now, though. Is anyone here playing on Balmung?
    I'm on excalibur myself, sorry. The others are on....errrrmmmm it's....shit haha
    i forgot @_@

    Quote Originally Posted by liaght View Post
    Yeah, the speed is pretty decent. I should be able to play in a couple of hours.
    good to hear

  4. #854
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 15

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quick question, do you guys think the combat is slow with the long global cd?

  5. #855
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baukara View Post
    Quick question, do you guys think the combat is slow with the long global cd?
    feels pretty normal. Not slow, not fast.

  6. #856
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 45
    Zynosphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ/NY
    Posts
    1,477
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baukara View Post
    Quick question, do you guys think the combat is slow with the long global cd?
    When I first started playing it felt really slow. I guess I got used to it, plus I have high skill speed on my DRG, making the CD a bit faster.

    '06
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Bloodborne
    EVE Online

    FFXIV

    Find me on twitter! @nikkonasty

  7. #857
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zynosphere View Post
    When I first started playing it felt really slow. I guess I got used to it, plus I have high skill speed on my DRG, making the CD a bit faster.
    Some classes also just feel slower or faster too. THM/BLM to me feel super slow, least in comparison to my summoner.

  8. #858
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 104
    The Great Beyond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    3,102
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I've gotten used to the skill speed and combat of this game. I've been playing WoW for years and the pace of WoW is much faster than FFXIV:ARR. I main a Monk and with skill speed & 3 stacks of greased lightning, the global cooldown seems much closer to WoW.'

    Also, I'm on Hyperion.

  9. #859
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    I've gotten used to the skill speed and combat of this game. I've been playing WoW for years and the pace of WoW is much faster than FFXIV:ARR. I main a Monk and with skill speed & 3 stacks of greased lightning, the global cooldown seems much closer to WoW.'

    Also, I'm on Hyperion.
    Yeah but, at least FFXIV's combat flows.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII · Saving For: New Computer

  10. #860
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,013
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    got to lv50 yesterday on my paladin now the farm for relics and armours start ... oh god.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  11. #861
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 113
    Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    3,152
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikedot View Post
    I know I asked before in this thread, but I've been pretty lazy about finding people to play with.
    I'm trying to make an effort on that right now, though. Is anyone here playing on Balmung?
    Im on balmung

    IGN Jaiythe Tsurei


  12. #862
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Hmmm fishing leve's are hit and miss it seems. At 25 the leves were good in comparison to the exp from fish, now one fish is 1/3-1/2 of a leve, and you aren't always lucky to be able to get the reward 2 or 3 times for the leve.
    Random thought is all.
    p.s since im only 20 levels away from 50, what are my post level objectives, and if you could do it without spoiling the story you'd be my hero

  13. #863
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 10
    mattman994's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Hmmm fishing leve's are hit and miss it seems. At 25 the leves were good in comparison to the exp from fish, now one fish is 1/3-1/2 of a leve, and you aren't always lucky to be able to get the reward 2 or 3 times for the leve.
    Random thought is all.
    p.s since im only 20 levels away from 50, what are my post level objectives, and if you could do it without spoiling the story you'd be my hero
    Grind dungeons for gear. Craft. Make gil. Rinse repeat I suppose

  14. #864
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattman994 View Post
    Grind dungeons for gear. Craft. Make gil. Rinse repeat I suppose
    Haha okay figured as much

  15. #865
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 82
    Lina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    That place where depressed people go when they can't take any more...you know, the library.
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Hey guys, I'm curious about playing this game, but I have bad memories of the payment system of FFXI. (Though I think it's different now.)
    How does the payment system in FFXIVRR work?
    I mean, if I can't pay a month and need to cancel and come back later I don't have to delete my character do I?

  16. #866
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 15
    Mxerdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    Hey guys, I'm curious about playing this game, but I have bad memories of the payment system of FFXI. (Though I think it's different now.)
    How does the payment system in FFXIVRR work?
    I mean, if I can't pay a month and need to cancel and come back later I don't have to delete my character do I?
    Certainly not. I just resubbed the other day and all my character data is still there. No need to worry my friend. You can pay monthly, every 3 months, 6 months, or a year.

  17. #867
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mxerdude View Post
    Certainly not. I just resubbed the other day and all my character data is still there. No need to worry my friend. You can pay monthly, every 3 months, 6 months, or a year.
    Also, if you just want one character per server(like me) it's only 12.99 a month, otherwise it's 14.99 I do believe

  18. #868
    Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131
    Riz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Zillyhoo
    Posts
    4,000
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Also, if you just want one character per server(like me) it's only 12.99 a month, otherwise it's 14.99 I do believe
    Unless you're one of the Legacy master-race, like myself.

    [19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

  19. #869
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefos View Post
    Unless you're one of the Legacy master-race, like myself.
    haha no but i do play on a legacy server =P (Excalibur)

  20. #870
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 22
    BooNeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    1,832
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Ok, now that I noticed that not all skills are usable in the Additional skills, Is there like a table where it tells you which class can use which skill from other classes?

  21. #871
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BooNeZ View Post
    Ok, now that I noticed that not all skills are usable in the Additional skills, Is there like a table where it tells you which class can use which skill from other classes?
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:disciplines

    Will tell you all you need to know

    Besides macros..this'll cover that.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...s-and-commands!
    Last edited by Acreon; 11-06-2013 at 02:59 PM.

  22. #872
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I will make the cross class skills a bit easier :
    http://xivdb.com/?skilltree

    That site, that url in specific, has everything you need to know.
    Just choose your class and you will be given all the skills you can cross class in a neat little row.

  23. #873
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitoshi View Post
    I will make the cross class skills a bit easier :
    http://xivdb.com/?skilltree

    That site, that url in specific, has everything you need to know.
    Just choose your class and you will be given all the skills you can cross class in a neat little row.
    Oh, very useful tool indeed.

    level 40, wooooo. Also figured out how to access cutter's cry (aka chimera) so that's a plus.
    Last edited by Acreon; 11-08-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •