Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Discussion

Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
  1. #461
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10
    mattman994's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    523
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    I'm lost. Got a level 19 Archer and I have no idea what to do next. So far I had been following sidequests on my main land but that seems to have ended... should I continue with the main storyline and do the sidequests in other lands, or go around chasing FATEs? D: I still want to level my Archer, don't feel like doing gathering/crafting yet.
    Level 9-12 Moraby Drydocks
    12-19/20 Aleport
    19/20-29 Quarrymill
    29-37 Costa Del Sol
    37-42 Coerthas
    42-47/50 Mor Dhona

  2. #462
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    equilibriumad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    How are you guys making money? I'm stuck on the Relic quest because I don't have 200k gil for the materia needed and dungeons just cost me money.

  3. #463
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116
    sinnful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by equilibriumad View Post
    How are you guys making money? I'm stuck on the Relic quest because I don't have 200k gil for the materia needed and dungeons just cost me money.
    I've just given up at this point. My server seems to be ****ed. Everything on the market is undercut to hell and back or not selling. It also doesn't help that you can't create new characters on it for the foreseeable future. May end up taking a break until 2.1 when the rest of the game is added.

  4. #464
    Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 133
    markca's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    3,219
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I took allagan pieces as rewards from quests, the gear didn't seem to significant in stat boosts and the fact that whenever i did get a piece of loot, it was always replaced sooner or later.
    1-50 can easily get you 300k+ from allagan pieces.

    Also helped that while leveling, I just made undyed cotton cloth and that I was basically the only one splitting the stacks into 2 and selling 2 for 400g.
    Starting 2-3 days ago i've seen an increase in people doing that, so there goes my income hahaha.
    Last edited by markca; 09-11-2013 at 02:46 AM.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt


  5. #465
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116
    sinnful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markca View Post
    I took allagan pieces as rewards from quests, the gear didn't seem to significant in stat boosts and the fact that whenever i did get a piece of loot, it was always replaced sooner or later.
    1-50 can easily get you 300k+ from allagan pieces.
    Once you get Darklight gear and other pieces repairs skyrocket to about 2k-6k depending on how much damage you take and so on. They are fixing it, but that still doesn't fix the issues with money for other stuff after leveling.

  6. #466
    Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 133
    markca's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    3,219
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    yeah, I get around 4-5k repairs, still making more money though.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt


  7. #467
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,681
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattman994 View Post
    Level 9-12 Moraby Drydocks
    12-19/20 Aleport
    19/20-29 Quarrymill
    29-37 Costa Del Sol
    37-42 Coerthas
    42-47/50 Mor Dhona
    Awesome! Will be doing that.

    I'm going to hold on on trying other classes until I get my Archer to around level 25 - 30. I really want to be a Bard ASAP. D:

  8. #468
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10
    mattman994's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    523
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Yea. Grab a party of 8 and enjoy the ride

  9. #469
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I think I'm going to renew my sub for this game for another 3 months.
    I feel like I'm going to stay that long.

    Anyone else get that feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

  10. #470
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,919
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by equilibriumad View Post
    How are you guys making money? I'm stuck on the Relic quest because I don't have 200k gil for the materia needed and dungeons just cost me money.
    Crafting and selling on the market.

    The elemental crystals you need for crafting sell for 30-40 a piece and you can gather well over 1k in an hour, undyed cotten cloth sells for like 150-200 a piece (you can get more for HQ which is easy to make), Velveteen sells for 800-900 a piece and there's a trick with getting the materials, etc. The amount of ways you can make money is mind boggling to be honest.

    I haven't been actively making money yet because I'm gathering the velveteen materials, but have about 80k gil total and over 200 diremite webs.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life.

Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •