Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Discussion

Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

Ohh so if i use my keyboard with the ps3 i can try ctrl+home

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Just a quick update in case you guys haven't heard: the patch tonight is going to reduce repair costs, among other things.
    there's also talk that an item level requirement is being put in for end-game content along with a (local server only?) party find BBS thing with the next major patch (v2.1)
    Messing around.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12

You know I have to say this but I didn't really expect to enjoy FF14 as much as I am right now. I'm still kinda confused about the multi class thing and correct me if I'm wrong but each starting city only hosts 3 class guilds right. The weapon switching to do everything from crafting to gathering to combat is going to be interesting but also take some getting used to.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

Quote Originally Posted by Azriel2k3 View Post
    You know I have to say this but I didn't really expect to enjoy FF14 as much as I am right now. I'm still kinda confused about the multi class thing and correct me if I'm wrong but each starting city only hosts 3 class guilds right. The weapon switching to do everything from crafting to gathering to combat is going to be interesting but also take some getting used to.

yea man this game is so fun.. haven't been into a game this much since ragnarok online

Arri's Animal Reputation: 133

Quote Originally Posted by Azriel2k3 View Post
    pretty dec, fun though, classes can pull skills from other classes you have leveled, but its limited, ie. summoner can pull skills from only thaumaturge, archer and conjurer.
    once you get to setup gear sets, its alot easier to switch between classes.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

SMN is so good for raids xD
    Only dps class that can in-battle raise and instant speed.

I started as a lancer and will probably work on conjurer and archer next (since they are in the same town) before going for other classes. I have noticed that I'll need to have a gear set for crafting and gathering as well (since I've seen items that boost those). At what level do I unlock gear setups and is there a cap on how many I can have? I should probably just sit down with the wiki and read the heck out of it since everytime I come to this thread or play the game I just end up with hundreds of questions.

keep doing story and class quests, at level 10 you'll be able to join other class guilds which is basically becoming that class, they give you a weapon for that class, depending on what job you want to be you should level that up next.
    Since you're a lancer you'll probably want to go dragoon, unless you no longer want to play lancer haha.

Lancer Lvl.30 & Marauder Lvl.15 to accept the job quest to become a Dragoon.
    Dragoon's can pull skills from Marauder and Pugilist.

at Lvl15. your story quest will guide you through traveling to other cities.

All I basically did was focus on getting Arcanist to 30, then quickly got my thaumaturge to 15 to get summoner.
    After that I slowly leveled my THM to 26 to get the skill I needed.

EDIT: Hopefully they increase the debuff cap on monsters, a cap of 30 as a Summoner is a huge joke, not to mention that even if you put up your own debuffs, they instantly get overwritten in large player FATEs.
    in dungeons and primal fights its not really a big deal but I can see it being a problem when they release 24-mans.
    Last edited by markca; 09-12-2013 at 04:05 AM.

That sounds about how I planned it out, nice to see the story quest will take me to the other cities. I'm only lvl 11 right now on my lancer and just slowly working through stuff and trying to get a feel for the game. One thing that really bugs me though is that I can't play in fullscreen due to my cursor vanishing on me (problem with vista and what not that's been around since the beginning), that's supposed to get fixed either during 2.1 or shortly after. I'm playing in borderless windowed mode set to my monitor resolution and so far I haven't had any massive dips in FPS in the city but I have yet to get alot of people on screen doing really flashy combat so we'll see when we get there.

I thought about making 2 characters (one for melee and one for magic) but don't know if I want to split my attention between both. Should I try and join a free company as early as possible or can I wait and see if I want to play more than the 30 days that come with the game.

borderless windowed is the way to go imo.
    Joing an FC would make the game alot funner, and easier to find groups.

If you stick with 1 character per server you can go for the cheap subscription if you plan on playing after 30 days.
    You can choose entry subscription if you have 1 character per server, 8 characters max.
    7.69/€10.99/$12.99 30 days.
    or
    Standard 8.99/€12.99/$14.99-30days 8chars/pserver 40max
    Standard 8.39/€11.99/$13.99*-90days "
    Standard 7.69/€10.99/$12.99*-180days "

Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast