Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Discussion

Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 10

Default FF14 ARR, TGS (New info patch 2.1)

http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/ff14-t...2-1-info.7507/

Interesting stuff post includes info on:
    -New Fates
    -Crystal Tower
    -Coils
    -Housing
    -CHOCOBO RAISING!
    -PvP
    -New Dungeons
    -Hard Modes to existing Dungeons
    -EXTREME MODE PRIMALS!

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

there's also talk about giving bonuses for using DF, so the game will at least compensate you for possibly being placed with a group of a-holes or idiots.
    Last edited by Jerov; 09-22-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Messing around.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    Warriors seem to do just fine. All of the best tanks Ive partied with have been mrd/war. I think they just take a little more effort than pally's
    Warriors just are really underpowered for tanking, mainly because it's just hard to balance. If they buff the lifesteal, they'll be the preferred pick. It would reduce the need for as much healing.

Pallies have damage migration + Warriors Foresight, which just makes them the better choice. They just don't die, while a warrior may do alittle more damage. One screw up the warrior will die, One healer has to heal someone other then the warrior, he will be really low/die.
    While a pally, be at 100% hp then drop to 70% if the healer switches target and will have ample time to do alittle damage then go back to a steady heal.

Warriors do have a better early game though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    I'm usually not at fault, so I don't normally have the opportunity to apologize.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    Warriors just are really underpowered for tanking, mainly because it's just hard to balance. If they buff the lifesteal, they'll be the preferred pick. It would reduce the need for as much healing.

Pallies have damage migration + Warriors Foresight, which just makes them the better choice. They just don't die, while a warrior may do alittle more damage. One screw up the warrior will die, One healer has to heal someone other then the warrior, he will be really low/die.
    While a pally, be at 100% hp then drop to 70% if the healer switches target and will have ample time to do alittle damage then go back to a steady heal.

this.
    there are zero cooldowns on warriors, and when you start gearing up paladins will just skyrocket in terms of ehp while warriors will struggle reaaal bad to survive.
    only reason warriors can even tank right now is because they cross-class paladin skills.
    should just turn the warrior into a berserker (arms warrior a la wow) but with lifesteal so they can off-tank / tank easier dungeons.

there's a wolf in my heart

actually I would be perfectly happy with the whole PLD MT/WAR OT thing, but the thing is, the talk over in the Tank forums that I can agree with, it's just better to have 2x PLDs instead of a PLD+WAR combo, because the second PLD can hold adds just as well as a WAR and be a stunbot AND can DPS just about as good as a WAR. so yeah...huge imbalance there.

and the short blip from Yoshi does not give me much hope right now for any (immediate) buffs to WAR. like, in a perfect environment I'd see the WAR has the high risk/high reward tank class or at least a viable bruiser OT, and everyone else generally agrees with this. however, right now WAR is just hard mode tanking with no reward, except maybe some epeen score.

this actual angers and saddens me, since I love the concept of the WAR for tanking compared to your typical S&B tank. think I'm going to just switch to leveling DPS/Healer classes until I start seeing buffs for WAR or SE releases a new tank job. so PO'd right now...

Edit: cooled off now. decided I'm going to stick with WAR until I've beaten Titan HM at least once with him, then just go work on the other classes while doing tome runs with my WAR.
    Last edited by Jerov; 09-23-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Messing around.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post

Pallies have damage migration + Warriors Foresightswhich just makes them the better choice. They just don't die, while a warrior may do alittle more damage. One screw up the warrior will die, One healer has to heal someone other then the warrior, he will be really low/die.

I guess thats a problem Ive never really run into and mostly the fault of dps players if you think about it.

As a dps(blm) i fully understand that the tank is heal priority number 1 and that if I want to live I need to play smart. Aoe's are not hard to dodge, positioning properly so you are in range for medica is easy and cross classing for self sustain isnt difficult.

Dps is such a populated role its only natural that a lot of us arent very good and at the end of the day a bad dps does more damage to the team than people realize, which is part of the reason I think SE isnt being hasty with buffs and nerfs.

FFXIV Mogcast Manager Reputation: 19

We will be doing a special show today at 6PM EST to talk about the 2.1 Patch. If you guys are interested check us out at www.mogcast.com and twitch.tv/Mogcast
    www.mogcast.com Come visit us, Kupo!

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Yesterday was a pretty lucky day I guess. Managed to finish 3 Haukke Manor runs with a waiting time of around 17 - 20 minutes each. As a DPS I would say that was pretty nice. :O

Can't wait to unlock Sunken Temple and rage at my team. <3 From what I hear it's a really frustrating run.

well around the Haukke manor is when the # of healers are supposed to spike from WHMs & SCHs, so hopefully the DPS timer does go down.

honestly looking forward to Brayflox myself, if nothing else it's supposed to be a real test of your tank skillz, or somethin.
    Messing around.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

what ever happen to lightning fate or did that passed already?

Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast