Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Discussion

Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
  1. #581
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Yesterday was a pretty lucky day I guess. Managed to finish 3 Haukke Manor runs with a waiting time of around 17 - 20 minutes each. As a DPS I would say that was pretty nice. :O

    Can't wait to unlock Sunken Temple and rage at my team. <3 From what I hear it's a really frustrating run.
    I dont understand why everyone says Qarn is so hard, my party wiped once on the second boss but it was only because our tank was lagging and he had sticky buttons on his ps3 controller so he miffed the timing on some skills. Other than that, our run was flawless. Nothing seemed too crazy and everything the dungeon threw at us had a pretty obvious solution.

  2. #582
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,622
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    I dont understand why everyone says Qarn is so hard, my party wiped once on the second boss but it was only because our tank was lagging and he had sticky buttons on his ps3 controller so he miffed the timing on some skills. Other than that, our run was flawless. Nothing seemed too crazy and everything the dungeon threw at us had a pretty obvious solution.
    Dunno. I was reading some guides and it said it was pretty difficult. But then again it said Haukke Manor would be my first "hard" dungeon but it's a pretty easy one actually... Heck, just finished a run with a PGL and a WHM since our Tank got DCed before boss fight.

  3. #583
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 133
    markca's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    3,172
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    its only hard because its hard finding decent people to run with.
    if you have people who ignore bees and doom debuff then you wipe.
    every dungeon up to 50 is easy, Just need people to realize not to stand in the red zones.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt


  4. #584
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    equilibriumad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Good luck for anyone duty finding Titan H.

    That fight is insane. Almost lost my sanity duty finding that and going through at least 40+ groups all week.

    It doesn't help that the fight isn't tuned for 2 tanks at all and the second tank is just a subpar DPS.

  5. #585
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,622
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Ugh just had my first bad experience with a Duty Finder group. Well, it was the Tank actually thinking he was some sort of gift from the gods.

    He kept whining that we (the DPS) didn't attack his marked targets in order but to be honest, it was HIM that couldn't keep enmity on a SINGLE target. He marked one mob as 1, I kept attacking it and noticed that my enmity bar kept going up and up. So I did a test, I stopped attacking and guess what, the entire ROOM started to chase the Healer. So I asked him if it was the Healer's fault that he wasn't attacking his marked target and he raged saying that we suck.

    How can I DPS if I have to stop every now and then to avoid the enmity bar going through the roof on the MARKED target? Was I wrong here? Normally I can count on the Tank never letting it go that high.

  6. #586
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markca View Post
    every dungeon up to 50 is easy, Just need people to realize not to stand in the red zones.
    But but but...that ruin that summoner was in the middle of casting was prooooobably way more important than side stepping to not taking 346788 damage.

  7. #587
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Ugh just had my first bad experience with a Duty Finder group. Well, it was the Tank actually thinking he was some sort of gift from the gods.

    He kept whining that we (the DPS) didn't attack his marked targets in order but to be honest, it was HIM that couldn't keep enmity on a SINGLE target. He marked one mob as 1, I kept attacking it and noticed that my enmity bar kept going up and up. So I did a test, I stopped attacking and guess what, the entire ROOM started to chase the Healer. So I asked him if it was the Healer's fault that he wasn't attacking his marked target and he raged saying that we suck.

    How can I DPS if I have to stop every now and then to avoid the enmity bar going through the roof on the MARKED target? Was I wrong here? Normally I can count on the Tank never letting it go that high.
    As a WAR that tanked Haukke when I was lvl 28 & 29 while DPS was 30 & 31, trying to keep enmity on a single target was a pain, even with internal release, maim buff, and zerk going. Once I hit 30 and got Butcher's Block & Defiance, it was super easy to keep enmity on ST and, in four mob groups, I could Defiance + zerk + overpower spam, and everyone barely registered on the enmity bars. So at the point where I didn't have the tanking tools to match the DPS' new toys, I should of just asked DPS to back off a little if they're about to get aggro.

    now for your thing, don't know levels & dungeons, but it seems like the tank shouldn't of been able to lose aggro on something he's focusing on. as for the heal aggro thing, as long as the healer isn't spamming AoE heals early on and not overhealing like crazy, then the fault's on the tank for not keeping an eye on the other mobs.
    Last edited by Jerov; 09-25-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Messing around.

  8. #588
    Game Journalist Reputation: 75
    Abubakr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,233
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I have friends spread out on various servers... I hope the server transfer will be free for at least a while. Most likely it is not but you can't count that out as a possibility due to some servers being locked for creation.

  9. #589
    FFXIV Mogcast Manager Reputation: 19
    Mogcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Mogcast Update 9/25/2013

    Hey guys,

    We are currently updating our Site with the following features:

    Screenshots

    I'm in the process of enabling Member Screenshots. You will be able to create your own album or just upload a random screenshot which will appear on the main page. This update should be done before tonight's show at 7PM EST.

    Member Blogs

    We are currently working on Member Blogs. Were not sure when they will be finished but the expected release is within this week. Any member will be able to create his own personal (public or private) blog and, as usual, anyone can comment, like, respond to it etc.

    We are also looking for any Streamers, Podcaster's or people interested in creating a live show. If your interested, let me know.

    www.mogcast.com
    www.mogcast.com Come visit us, Kupo!

  10. #590
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    This game pay2pay like final fantasy 11?

Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •