Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Discussion

Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Kashim View Post
    I agree with forgetiing basic. GW2 is a lacklustre mmorpg because of that. On the other hand, FF14 isn't really that polished and refined, especially the combat.
    Only issue I found with the combat is targeting can be wonky sometimes. What the hell do you people want out of an mmorpg anymore?

FFXIV Mogcast Manager Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    Finally, got around to pre ordering this game. Loved everything about the game, just disliked the whole class change thing. But with games releasing with this feature more often. Guess it's time for a change.
    What server are you joining? I could use some more friends on gilga.
    www.mogcast.com Come visit us, Kupo!

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    Only issue I found with the combat is targeting can be wonky sometimes. What the hell do you people want out of an mmorpg anymore?
    Something more than basic features would be nice. I don't have anything against standing combat since playing GW2, but it 'reeks' of f2p quality. Thankfully, I'll have time until 9th Sept to decide whether to sub or not. Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty good but not p2p good, at least not for the price they're asking. That, and the handling of technical issues during OB was worrying (individual disconnection of hung server sessions, honestly).

Quote Originally Posted by Kashim View Post
    Something more than basic features would be nice. I don't have anything against standing combat since playing GW2, but it 'reeks' of f2p quality. Thankfully, I'll have time until 9th Sept to decide whether to sub or not. Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty good but not p2p good, at least not for the price they're asking. That, and the handling of technical issues during OB was worrying (individual disconnection of hung server sessions, honestly).
    That still doesn't answer what the hell you expect in an mmorpg anymore. It "reeks of f2p" well what the hell does that mean? The game has an amazing story with Final Fantasy level of lore. A someone classic style of combat system when it comes to mmorpgs being button press and all that, but it still things like group limit breaks and chain skills. This is all without mentioning the graphic prowess of the game. The issue with the login happened, because this was open beta. People have this janked up idea that open beta's are game releases. They are not and bugs still happen.

You are only proving how deluded OnRPG has become when its trying to understand what an mmo is anymore.

Edit: and yes I realize this sounds a little fanboy'ish but I am mad bro. This "not P2P quality" crap has gotten fricken excessive at this point on this website.
    Last edited by sinnful; 08-19-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 15

Oh well, it's kinda pointless to argue any further now since we don't have access to all the content. Let's just wait and see how the game fares month/two after release.

Cheers

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12

it will go Free 2 Play in a year, my friends are playing it and say Story is cool, but the combat is generic and mind numbing as it comes, no new technology or innovation went into the game.... so yeah... they prob get to max level then quit.
    Nano.. Nano.. Nano..
    "NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post
    it will go Free 2 Play in a year, my friends are playing it and say Story is cool, but the combat is generic and mind numbing as it comes, no new technology or innovation went into the game.... so yeah... they prob get to max level then quit.
    that's actually just the same thing I've been saying... The game isn't groundbreaking and appeals a lot to Final Fantasy fans, but some people I've been chatting with, likes it that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post
    Here's the article where in an interview the games director explains why FFXIV will never go F2P: http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/fi...lay-exclusive/

TLDR: F2P revenue is unstable and they do not need millions of subs to make a profit, unlike other games that have flopped (a.k.a. SWTOR)

Rock Man Reputation: 10

lol please someone explain to me why does innovation or technology have anything with entetainment value? People said The Secret World lacked this lacked that yet whenever I return back to the game I see plenty of players continue playing the game. So you thought new technology is equivalent of great game? I think not. To me it sounds more like an excuse to say the game is not dangling anything flashy enough to get me interested.

So here's what I hear most, it lacks something new I don't like it. It's too similar to x game I don't like it. I don't like it because it feels like it's not worth the subscription for the game (what makes a game worth subscription?). It have too much free to play signs about the game (lacks explanation on reason).

I'm not choosing sides but it's becoming a little too common in the mmo scene to hear these phrase's. It's as if they are saying, if the game does not have enough makeup on it's a mediocre or bad game and therefore not worth your time. I think i'm just a little tired of hearing x players repeat this is not worth it because I said so period. It's ok to ask for something refreshing once in a while but damn it's not something you simply use to decide whether it is worth time or not.
    Last edited by GenoX; 08-19-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

I think ffxiv arr is going in a great direction. & i find the combat a lot more fun then any mmorpg iv played in a while. Why is it that people want the wheel re-invented? MMORPG's will always have the same feel to them i don't need some new innovation to enjoy a new mmo.

Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast