Artist Request

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 66

Default Artist Request

This may be a bit of a long shot but I am looking for an artist to do a banner for the website I am about to launch.
    (lootfarmer.com)

Sadly my artistic talent is but Ill give you a rough idea of what I am thinking.
    Banner Size: 500 x 100
    Art Style: Anime, semi-cute.

In my head I have the picture of a farmer, slightly redneck-ish. Wearing overalls and a farmer's straw hat. Hitting a dragon on the head with a shovel. Farm in the background. Gold spilling out of a barn door. A little chibi dog in the background barking at a chicken wearing a crown. "Loot Farmer" on the right hand side.

Like I said, that is my rough idea. If you think you would like to give it a shot or have an idea for a variation let me know.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 10-08-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 346

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    This may be a bit of a long shot but I am looking for an artist to do a banner for the website I am about to launch.
    (lootfarmer.com)

Sadly my artistic talent is but Ill give you a rough idea of what I am thinking.
    Banner Size: 300 x 60
    Art Style: Anime, semi-cute.

In my head I have the picture of a farmer, slightly redneck-ish. Wearing overalls and a farmer's straw hat. Hitting a dragon on the head with a shovel. Farm in the background. Gold spilling out of a barn door. A little chibi dog in the background barking at a chicken wearing a crown. "Loot Farmer" on the right hand side.

Like I said, that is my rough idea. If you think you would like to give it a shot or have an idea for a variation let me know.

Isn't 300x60 a bit small for a banner? o.0 That's more of a signature or something. For example, the images in my signature are only 475x50 each. Isn't a website banner supposed to fill the top of the website?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[1/25]----------(New Post! ArcheAge!)[3/7]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

You are right. That is a little small. Your combined sig size is about right. Soooo... 500x100!

But lots of websites are using small logos/banners these days. Just look at OnRPG and MMOHut. :P

Unfortunately, I'm not an artist by any stretch, so I can't really help you :/ I know an artist that's really great with this sort of stuff, but she's been MIA for a few months now (busy with real life, I guess).

You did, however, inspire me to spend a few minutes making this I still need to add detail/shadowing. I also want to add an eyeball to one of the pitchforks prongs.

"....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[1/25]----------(New Post! ArcheAge!)[3/7]

Awesome. That's actually pretty close to the guy I had in my head.
    I can only assume the pitchfork bent on a goblin face.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Awesome. That's actually pretty close to the guy I had in my head.
    I can only assume the pitchfork bent on a goblin face.
    Spent a few more minutes finishing it up.

The idea of a loot farmer type character/mascot is pretty neat. Hope you find an artist who can really bring it to life. Try deviantart, there's a lot of great artist on there who may be willing to this for free, or for a relatively cheap price.

Edit: and yeah, I'm aware the shading is shit.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 10-10-2013 at 05:43 AM.
    -Cingal

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

The shading is cute. Reminds me of Pokemon.

If you can manage it, you can always commission someone on deviantart. At least you'll get really good quality there.