Log Horizon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 346

Default Log Horizon

Someone said there was already a thread for this, but the only one I can find is one that is edited with no info.

The story begins when 30,000 Japanese gamers are trapped in the fantasy online game world Elder Tale. What was once a sword-and-sorcery world is now the real world. The main lead Shiroe attempts to survive with his old friend Naotsugu and the beautiful assassin Akatsuki.
    Anyways, anyone else watching this? I just finished the first episode and liked it a bit. I'm not really sold on it yet, as I'm not to big of a fan of the art, and the story appears to lean a bit towards chibi/gag. However, there were enough serious elements to keep me interested.

/rant
    I'm honestly getting tired of all these anime that fail to take themselves seriously. I'd like something like Log Horizon/.Hack/SAO that kept themselves 100% serious and tried to use crisp and realistic animations. It really breaks the immersion the story given me when suddenly the characters start a shouting match in the middle of a situation that should have some tension, and transform into little midgets who lack any real detail and do nothing but wave their arms. Or when someone suddenly knees another person in the face.
    /endrant
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[1/25]----------(New Post! ArcheAge!)[3/7]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 34

Yun*chi kyaaaa~
    Listen 'd to the ED over and over, looking all over for her other songs; can't wait for 11/13.

@Log Horizon itself
    1st episode pretty much the same feel as SAO's. Main heroine is of different traits now, but tbh as a long year mmogamer myself, I hate author's perspective on the "hero"es (so fake, mixing with some jello).

As for the chibi knee in the face thing ...
    It is comic relief bud, what else do you want it to be:
    "
    How much do you want for that potion?
    Eh? don't worry about it.
    Please, I don't want to be known as a freeloader.
    Even so ...
    If it matter so much, as for return, boobies ... [knee in face]
    "

Will be rated 15+ if they went serious and tense >""<
    btw my own translations, RAW ftw!!
    Last edited by AngelTales; 10-08-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Currently Playing:
    PSOII

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    /rant
    I'm honestly getting tired of all these anime that fail to take themselves seriously. I'd like something like Log Horizon/.Hack/SAO that kept themselves 100% serious and tried to use crisp and realistic animations. It really breaks the immersion the story given me when suddenly the characters start a shouting match in the middle of a situation that should have some tension, and transform into little midgets who lack any real detail and do nothing but wave their arms. Or when someone suddenly knees another person in the face.
    /endrant
    Couldn't agree more, i've never been a huge fan of the whole chibi thing, definitely wouldn't mind a 100% serious anime in that type of setting, hell it wouldn't even have to be based on a video game, anime is lacking quite a bit in the fantasy genre.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 99

I don't count Log Horizon as like SAO or .hack for example. It actually after the first 2 episodes feels like a fair attempt at conveying the atmosphere of an MMORPG. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love SAO, but it plays out more like a Action show with RPG elements. Log Horizon thus far reminds me a lot of various MMORPG's I've played over the years.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Currently Testing: The Elder Scrolls Online & WildStar & Hearthstone

Game: TBA
    Character: TBA
    Guild: TBA
    Server: TBA

Support cinderboy: MMO*Culture BLOG

Camelot Unchained Official Site

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

SAO is pretty great, though it does get incredibly trippy in the later novels (reading Aliciziation now) and .Hack was interesting in itself, though hard to follow.

I'm on the fence with Log Horizon though, since it actually diverges from the action-fantasy RPG and I'm not used to it yet heh. I'm gonna stick by it some more until I acclimate myself to the differences.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 181

Ye, i really disliked how the characters were done in Log Horizon, the first episode did not bring any interesting in the anime at all. I guess i will wait for the second episode.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    Ye, i really disliked how the characters were done in Log Horizon, the first episode did not bring any interesting in the anime at all. I guess i will wait for the second episode.
    Yeah, I agree with this.

The atmosphere and setting gives off more of a mmorpg feeling. But the characters feel like they're over-acting. or trying too hard to be funny.
    I think it'd be a better show if the characters had more meaning in them, because they're legit role playing right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average wise old person
    Your born dying anyways, so live it up
    DCUO Troller: Little Cerabell
    DPS: Eun Fidelier
    League of legends IGN: Bdogis thename

Still not pinged. Sigh. To continue watching or not...

Game Journalist Reputation: 346

I didn't enjoy Episode 3 to much. I actually found myself getting distracted by other stuff while watching. I spent at least half of the episode just listening to it rather than watching. Hoping that episode 4 will pick up, otherwise I'll probably not watch it again until the series is complete and then just skim the episodes to understand how the series unfolds.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[1/25]----------(New Post! ArcheAge!)[3/7]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I didn't enjoy Episode 3 to much. I actually found myself getting distracted by other stuff while watching. I spent at least half of the episode just listening to it rather than watching. Hoping that episode 4 will pick up, otherwise I'll probably not watch it again until the series is complete and then just skim the episodes to understand how the series unfolds.
    Is there any other show that you like/got distracted with? I'm not sure if I'll continue with 4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast