The Gamer (Web-based Manwa)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 394

Default The Gamer (Web-based Manwa)

I've been reading this, and I've got to say I like it a lot. I'm usually not a fan of web-based manwa, because it feels like half of the space in the comic is just empty black/white and the panels seem to be placed sporadically. However, I like the theme of the game. Real life being a game is a pretty interesting concept. I like the main character a lot, and I'm liking the progression of the story. I'm finding that I'm liking it a lot more than another web-manwa with a similar setting (DICE), too. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

Anyone else reading it?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I've been reading this, and I've got to say I like it a lot.

Anyone else reading it?

yeah i found it on a manga site i go to (batoto.net) the other day when chapter 6 was posted and read the whole thing, im really excited to read more, i just hope the translators (BAP Scans) keep getting the chapters out (apparently they said they are taking a break at the end of 6 for awhile )

i still been reading moonlight sculptor and Ark (light novels) i haven't read DICE yet ill check it out

LMS(royalroadl.com) and Ark are on bi weekly releases now cause the translators (japtem.com) are busy with school so its once every other week, i read both of them so i get something once a week but damn the wait is hard
    Last edited by chris183; 10-22-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris183 View Post
    yeah i found it on a manga site i go to (batoto.net) the other day when chapter 6 was posted and read the whole thing, im really excited to read more, i just hope the translators (BAP Scans) keep getting the chapters out (apparently they said they are taking a break at the end of 6 for awhile )

i still been reading moonlight sculptor and Ark (light novels) i haven't read DICE yet ill check it out

LMS(royalroadl.com) and Ark are on bi weekly releases now cause the translators (japtem.com) are busy with school so its once every other week, i read both of them so i get something once a week but damn the wait is hard
    I really need to catch-up on my LMS. I haven't read any of it in quite a while. But then again, waiting so long to read it makes it more fun, because you get to read so much in one go while catching up :P
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]

lucky you im like a crack fiend waiting for every release, i would read up on it sometime for sure, the series has had pretty steady releases for awhile now

also check out Ark (japtem.com) if you can its similar to LMS (volume 1 chapter 7 coming October 25th)

the gamer is going on that list on things i really want to read also (im going to go check out DICE now see if i like it)
    Last edited by chris183; 10-22-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris183 View Post
    lucky you im like a crack fiend waiting for every release, i would read up on it sometime for sure, the series has had pretty steady releases for awhile now

also check out Ark (japtem.com) if you can its similar to LMS (volume 1 chapter 7 coming October 25th)

the gamer is going on that list on things i really want to read also (im going to go check out DICE now see if i like it)

Currently reading LMS, I will probably be up til 6 or 7 AM based on how much I have to catch-up on (I'm re-reading a few volumes to remind myself of the story... actually think I might read the first 3-5 volumes again just for nostalgia). I'll be sure to check out Ark as well, probably tomorrow after I wake up.
    -Cingal

i just read the first 22 chapters of DICE, its starting to get really good right when i run out of chapters to read

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

web-manwa with a similar setting (DICE), too. Can't wait to see how this progresses.
    Already read both. Looks like there's some new updates
    LOL - this is getting amazing.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Just got completely caught up with LMS and I've read a bit of the first chapter of Ark. I'll probably read more of Ark tomorrow, as I'm heading to bed.

I wish there were more fiction with this sort of setting.
    -Cingal

Just got completely caught up with LMS and I've read a bit of the first chapter of Ark. I'll probably read more of Ark tomorrow, as I'm heading to bed.

I wish there were more fiction with this sort of setting.
    wow nice, yeah i feel the same way

you can checkout the fanfiction section on royalroadl.com http://www.royalroadl.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14, i haven't read any fanfic in awhile so most of the ones i was reading are probably on hiatus

but there's a decent amount of stories and i remember some of them being pretty good

ark has a weird start but its pretty cool

I wish I was creative enough to come up with my own story based around something similar to LMS. I've stopped and started fiction like this quite a few times, but I can rarely get past the first few pages before I give up. I think one of my virtual reality stories got as far as 20-something pages before I gave up.

Time like these that I wish I had more creativity and a larger attention span <.>
    -Cingal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast