How to be respected - by Gundel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Firor's Fury Reputation: 35
    Former staff, despite what fascist staff members might say.

Default How to be respected - by Gundel

As it comes up in this Forum, i want to share my opinions when i respect other forumites, don`t try to reach all points, as i`m (as usually) very harsh on it.
    Oh, this should work in other Forums, too.

Don`t wanna read anything? Well no prob, just look at this small video for a first start and then read on
    http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

1) So, you just found the forum and make your first reply, how to do it?

Well, all Bigheads will read it, but don`t be scared. If you have something useful to say ABOUT THE TOPIC, don`t hesitate to write.

Bad example:

X: Where do i find Neckis?
    You: i dunno
    You: When comes Ossyiria?
    You: can i have an account?
    etc.
    Good example:

You: Hey, look at the sewers or Subway in Kerning, cya there
    2) Also a good advice is, BE NICE. Sorry it should be obvious, but people seem to forget this simply matter.

You: OMFGROFLMAO, STOOPID NOOB GO KERNING SEWERS!!!l!!!!
    You see, the Information is given, but still all others will NOT respect you. You wonder why? Well, look at the first 7 words under 2).
    You got that first challenge, then it`s no big deal to start

3) Your first Post:
    Use a Topic Title that describes what you want to say. It isn`t hard, trust me.

grrrr
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!THe!!!!!!!!He!!!!!!!!
    What`s the Point?
    See, no Info comes with the title, so why should anyone answer? Sure you get your answers but it`s usually flame. You don`t know what flame means? Don`t worry, we cover that high-skills later.

Sauna Gown
    Good Spot for a lv24 Mage to train
    I`m kinda new, plz help
    See? You get alas an Idea what is in there, so people will look in and perhaps even help you.
    Even the last is ok for me, as it describes what the Topic Starter wants. It`s no prob to being a newbie, just don`t be a annoying one.

4) Last one, try to use proper english:
    Many of us (including me) don`t have english as our native tongue. So it`s
    a) Disturbing for people who have it as natural language.
    b) Almost unreadable for people who aren`t so firm with it.

Good Example:

this Post
    Yes i know there are many errors in this, but alas i TRY to write that anyone can read AND UNDERSTAND me, and i hope it works Sadly enough, many forumites in other forums said that i write better than some native-writing-posters, isn`t that sad?

Bad Example:

can sum1 tel m what se red pilfa is 4?can sum1 tel m what se red pilfa is 4?
    Can you understand it? Well, perhaps you can, but a lot (alot?) of readers won`t.

5) Alas TRY to read the FAQ`s (which every forum has), know how to use the "search" and there`s no way you won`t be respected.

Finally, you don`t need to look at the max. posts the people have (alas for me). Heck, you can have let`s say 10 to 20 posts and be respected or 3000 posts and still the court jester.
    And (even if it should be obvious) be nice. Is it so hard? Don`t use harsh words, don`t be an ass, it`s that simple.

PS: I referred to flaming, but that is something you don`t need to know. Flaming someone without using insults, bad words etc. is a skill you can only learn in the digital plane

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default must read! bitte lesen!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    As it comes up in this Forum, i want to share my opinions when i respect other forumites, don`t try to reach all points, as i`m (as usually) very harsh on it.
    Oh, this should work in other Forums, too.

Don`t wanna read anything? Well no prob, just look at this small video for a first start and then read on
    http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

1) So, you just found the forum and make your first reply, how to do it?

Well, all Bigheads will read it, but don`t be scared. If you have something useful to say ABOUT THE TOPIC, don`t hesitate to write.

Bad example:

Good example:

2) Also a good advice is, BE NICE. Sorry it should be obvious, but people seem to forget this simply matter.

You see, the Information is given, but still all others will NOT respect you. You wonder why? Well, look at the first 7 words under 2).
    You got that first challenge, then it`s no big deal to start

3) Your first Post:
    Use a Topic Title that describes what you want to say. It isn`t hard, trust me.

See, no Info comes with the title, so why should anyone answer? Sure you get your answers but it`s usually flame. You don`t know what flame means? Don`t worry, we cover that high-skills later.

See? You get alas an Idea what is in there, so people will look in and perhaps even help you.
    Even the last is ok for me, as it describes what the Topic Starter wants. It`s no prob to being a newbie, just don`t be a annoying one.

4) Last one, try to use proper english:
    Many of us (including me) don`t have english as our native tongue. So it`s
    a) Disturbing for people who have it as natural language.
    b) Almost unreadable for people who aren`t so firm with it.

Good Example:

Yes i know there are many errors in this, but alas i TRY to write that anyone can read AND UNDERSTAND me, and i hope it works Sadly enough, many forumites in other forums said that i write better than some native-writing-posters, isn`t that sad?

Bad Example:

Can you understand it? Well, perhaps you can, but a lot (alot?) of readers won`t.

5) Alas TRY to read the FAQ`s (which every forum has), know how to use the "search" and there`s no way you won`t be respected.

Finally, you don`t need to look at the max. posts the people have (alas for me). Heck, you can have let`s say 10 to 20 posts and be respected or 3000 posts and still the court jester.
    And (even if it should be obvious) be nice. Is it so hard? Don`t use harsh words, don`t be an ass, it`s that simple.

PS: I referred to flaming, but that is something you don`t need to know. Flaming someone without using insults, bad words etc. is a skill you can only learn in the digital plane
    Hey! Ich wollte Euch nur mal den Tipp geben dass ihr mal hier auf die Seiite gucken solltet: www.informesr24.de
    Gibt ein bezahltes Forum und kostenlose Schaufträge....guckts Euch an - ich finds geilo :-)

----------------------------------------
    http://www.informers24.de

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 34

And that post above me my friends. Is another example of a bad one.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 10

he knows how to quote though.

nice guide to bad loads of ppl dont follow this guide.
    The english thingy is hard for me not my own language.
    sometimes i know the word write it 12 times and still did not find out whats right .
    Still i think im not that bad lol. although some ppl correct me witch is sometimes annoying :P

Back to Onrpg
    www.andustar.net

CJeeey > lvl 84 CB (Dead)
    yeeeJC> lvl 150 RANGER (very very very active)

Oh wow. What a great guide. Lol it kind of was funny, I mean not boring or anything.
    I'm sure lots of people read it, look at it, close it, and just go on. Most people don't go with the term of 'being nice' they just go with their attitude and kill everyone. <_< Lol. xD Good job on the guide, though.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 10

It was made long ago back in forum57 days, but still works.
    I just gave saint a new link for the video, it's a must-see :)
    Too bad he hasn't stickied it, more people needs to read it...

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 10

Aw, not only Saint din't replaced the video link (which is kinda funny), he also didn't locked this topic...

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGrasBoy View Post
    Hey! Ich wollte Euch nur mal den Tipp geben dass ihr mal hier auf die Seiite gucken solltet: www.informesr24.de
    Gibt ein bezahltes Forum und kostenlose Schaufträge....guckts Euch an - ich finds geilo :-)

----------------------------------------
    http://www.informers24.de
    AHHAAHAHHAHAHAHA
    wow, that was ironic.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Usually you just keep your mouth shut if you're near some jerks in maplestory, and they'll stop.

^ Thats also true.

And great guide even though not many people will follow it

Feel Free to Add Me :]
    I need it lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast