A new mmorpg + kickstarter!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default A new mmorpg + kickstarter!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share with you all a new game called 'Trials of Ascension' (ToA) with truly amazing features.

Here are just a few:
    -No mini map/radar: You need to learn the landscape and know where you are going and getting lost is definitely going to happen.
    -Innovations: A game mechanic where you have the chance of learning something new that is not part of the game yet and only you have that new innovation skill (i.e) You learn how to make a new weapon - only YOU can make that weapon or choose to share it with select friends and the innovations are endless!
    -No levels: Everyone fights on the same playing field. Only skills!
    -Combat: No tab targetting! No floating names above your heads and NO CONNING! Left click = attack/use combat technique, right click = block/parry. Entirely skill based!
    -Magic: You won't find magic floating around everyone you look because it is incredibly difficult to obtain in ToA but it is just as powerful! The journey is long but the reward is even greater!
    -New races: Ever play a dragon as a race? A pixie? A centaur? A griffon? Yep, ToA will have these and much much more!

As you can see, ToA has some really innovative ideas and the ideas continue! http://trialsofascension.com/guide/

The game just recently started its kickstarter campaign and can really use some help too! I am simply a member of the community and am helping spread the word. You can find it on ToA's main website!

Hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what you think!

They just posted a new video showing you the progression between night/day and really show you how dark night time will be.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50p4oJXV6Zg

It is too bad the KS was unsuccessful. The KS market for games has become really saturated and unless you are a big name it is quite difficult to raise funds now. The good news is that you can always build a core community that can help you get through development outside of a crowdfunding platform.

Or you can try indie gogo. Never give up some KS have been successful their other time around. So don't get discouraged
    Hey I'm working on a Harvest-Moon/ Animal Crossing inspire MMO
    I hope you'll check it out. http://www.Pumpkin-Online.com

Update: There has been A LOT of changes since the failed kickstarter which I think a lot of you will enjoy. The 2 big changes (among many) was by switching game engines from 'hero' to 'unity'. They also started a funding campaign called "light the forge" that will be used to not only create the game but develop a REAL kickstarter video that will help do it justice and drive the hype and hopefully a successful kickstarter campaign!

As for the cherry on top - the released a video of in-game footage showing you how you will interact with the world around you.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6f_...bmMjsq22FS8TZQ

Enjoy!
    The true definition of updates: Taking out old bugs and putting in new ones!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

GL with development!
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 229

It failed, cause the overall idea was flawed, and you didn't properly explain what you planned to do. Next to that the whole game doesn't look or sound appealing, so it was pretty obvious that only people with a IQ below the 30 would fund.