Impact Gaming Community - a mature, semi-hardcore place to game!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Impact Gaming Community - a mature, semi-hardcore place to game!

www.impact-gaming.us
    A Multi-Game MMOG Community

This will be about as shameless as it comes!

Greetings! I'm Grey, old-time MMORPG player. I am the Community Manager and Founder for the Impact Gaming Community (IGC), a Multi-Game MMOG Community. We're all gamers here and this is a fantastic place to find groups of players (admittedly I don't post as much as I should!). That said, IGC is also a fantastic place to game. We're a growing community of about 160 players which affords us the opportunity to organize into just about any game quickly and effectively. This organization comes quite a bit easier than very large communities and if I can say so, we do it quite well. I'll give you a bit of history, tell you what we're all about, and then describe what we offer to every player that joins us and why you should consider us for gaming!

History
    IGC began as a single, small group of friends in July of 2010. That group formed Neutral Impact and still exists today, only in greater number. Neutral Impact, our flagship guild, plays Final Fantasy XIV and has experienced many successes. From our then-small group an interest to play Rift arose. A few of our players wished to remain together and form a new guild and so Violent Impact was born, and Impact Gaming Community was created!

Since that time we've added a couple of major guilds across several different MMOs such as Star Wars: The Old Republic, Rift, and Guild Wars 2. Other guilds have come and gone as well but our reach has extended to games such as World of Warcraft, Star Trek: Online, and other free-to-play games.

Today we host several major chapters with several additional chapters established and currently being recruited for. Last year's expansion brought in what we call Gamer Groups which now host League of Legends, DOTA 2, MechWarrior Online, Tabletop Games (board games and pen-and-paper) Minecraft, and DayZ. In the near future we'll be adding FPS games as we're currently looking into having our own dedicated gaming server.

In addition to our gaming sector, we are also building ourselves up as a gaming press site. We have covered E3 so far this year and plan to have articles up for Gen Con, gamescom, and Comic-Con NY, which we were on-site for!

Philosophy
    IGC is about having fun. We seek mature adults with a semi-hardcore mentality and playing time. That is, players who min/max everything and play at the highest level possible, but can't necessarily login for more than 3-4 hours a night. We believe real life comes first and so hosted events will never be mandatory.

IGC is highly organized. Everything is scheduled so you always know when your group's events are happening. We use raid planners and event calendars to make this happen. Leaders are transparent with their members too. We post on our forums, use guild messages, and converse on Teamspeak to keep our members in the loop on both community-wide and guild-related matters.

IGC is about connections. Like anywhere else, you join a guild to play a game. Beyond that, the community offers a way to connect with players across games. Members are entitled to hopping to another game when they want to and participating as they choose. No one's locked into anything, although I would say the majority of our players tend to stay in one group while making friends in others without moving games. We share everything at IGC; Teamspeak, forums, youtube channel, twitter, and steam group. We don't just look for players to join our guilds or groups. We look for players that want to establish themselves long-term with us. We want players that have a desire to grow within our community and prepare for upcoming titles if they wish.

Goals
    Our primary goal is to grow into other games and genres. We want to provide our players with an even larger community with more friends and fellow gamers! This is important to us and we've put in a lot of work to be successful and show off our talents on our website and youtube channel. We feel that our successes are the best way to bring in new players. We also rely on social media to get our name out there to the most amount of players possible.

At the end of the day we try to provide a gaming experience like no other; one that is enjoyable and conducive to building long-lasting friendships. We recruit the types of players we feel can help make that happen. While we can't make everyone happy we do what we can to make the most amount of people feel at home with us.

Offerings
    With all that having been said, the question remains is "what do we offer?" Besides a great place to game, our community offers all the following to all its members:

• Great-looking website
    • Shared community forums
    • Ever-growing list of games
    • Mobility between groups
    • Guild-based beta testing (when we get in!)
    • 500-person Teamspeak
    • Monthly Podcasts (you can be part of it!)
    • Monthly Newsletter
    • Yearly "Project Impact" promotions -- win cool stuff!
    • Game reviews done by members
    • Social media connections (Youtube, Twitter, Steam, Facebook, Twitch)
    • CafePress shop
    • Best of all: A place to call Home!

This is just the start of what we offer. What you bring to the table transcends all the things we could possibly offer you, the player. Everyone contributes their own special bit of magic to our community and that is just as important to our growth as any of the the stuff above. It sounds sappy but it's 100% true.

And just to make sure you understand this: IGC is NOT a business. I will never try to sell you anything or make you pay for any of the items above! It is quite literally just a dream of mine I had that I wanted to share with the gaming world at large and only in the past few years did I have the money to make it happen! We're just a bunch of guys and gals that enjoy gaming and want to show you how fun it can be the game with people just like you. That said, there are also opportunities to be more than just a member of IGC. You can be an officer too if you're qualified and can hack it with us!

Growth
    IGC grows because some of our players step-up to take on big projects that allow us to provide more games to everyone. Sometimes we bring in new players that are qualified and motivated to lead a new chapter or gamer group too. We're always on the lookout for:

• Qualified Guild Leader/Masters
    • Motivated Officers
    • Reliable Members
    • Fun-loving Casuals
    • People who like writing
    • Forum-lurkers!

When I began this community it had 5 players to start and now we've grown to over 160. This doesn't happen without leaders, casuals, and everything in between. Yeah, we're pretty picky about who gets to be a Guild Leader or an Officer but that's what makes our community stronger than many others. All of our guilds offer semi-hardcore player bases with a casual crowd on the side. There's room for everyone at IGC and that has been at the core of our growth since our inception.

There are constant opportunities for growth within our community as well. We do consider new members as officers, although we generally grand-faither or promote from within. Those interested in starting something brand new with us can fill out our general application, which can be found at the top of our website in the Community menu, for immediate consideration for administration.

-----

Let me just end this by first saying thanks to you all for reading this and considering what I have had to say. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to keep a site like this successful day-in and day-out. I do the same for my gaming community, which has only increased my appreciation for strong leadership. This is a fantastic place to come and talk about games and meet new friends and future gaming buddies. IGC was created to approach guild creation in a highly organized fashion and that is basically what I work on as the Community Manager. Outreach and development are at the core of what I do and I do it because that's what my heart tells me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Join IGC today! At the very least check us out. We don't disappoint and you'll make a lot of new friends and maybe even meet a few you already had.

I hope that I've been able to convey my dream to you all today and that I've sparked at least a twinkling of interest in IGC! For those on the fence, give it some thought. I know you will find something we have to offer fun! In the meantime, here's a few links to get you started with getting to know us!

Email: igccm @impact-gaming.us
    TS: ts3. impact-gaming.us:1561

Alright everyone, see you guys online!
    Last edited by Grey Jorildyn; 11-01-2013 at 11:56 PM.

IGC is looking to bring FPS games into our community. We are currently seeking a squad leader for Battlefield 4. Please inquire about how to join us via email on our teamspeak.

Impact Gaming Community is currently seeking Guild Leaders and Officers and of course members for the following upcoming games:

EverQuest Next
    Wildstar
    Pathfinder Online
    Shroud of the Avatar
    The Repopulation

If you are type leadership type please contact me at igccm@impact-gaming.us.

IGC will be running two online tabletop RPG game nights per week beginning this weekend. Also we're looking to bring back online board/card gaming with Friday night Cards Against Humanity, Settlers of Catan, Guillotine, and maybe even Diplomacy if we get the right crew.

In general the community will be looking to accommodate a wider variety of player styles, even casual. If you're looking to bring something to the table for our community or just want to play something with us, hit me up on here or the above email. We are still considering most of the above positions as well as others at this time. Nothing is out of bounds at this point if we get the leadership to organize stuff!