Sony Working to Bring Shenmue and Yakuza to North American Playstation

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 277

Default Sony Working to Bring Shenmue and Yakuza to North American Playstation

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2157082...aystation.html

Sony's Adam Boyes has explained that the company is working on getting fans the games they want on PlayStation platforms and that includes the likes of Shenmue and Yakuza.

"When we started the third-party production team, it was born out of necessity. We had a lot of publishers and a lot of content that had come out for various platforms and various territories that weren't necessarily coming to our territory, platforms we'd love to see them on," Boyes told Kotaku.

Boyes explained that Sony are working on trying to get games that have been requested by fans on to Sony platforms.

"We've got a massive list—we're calling everyone trying to get that list as much as possible. A lot of issues come around clearances or intellectual property ownerships and stuff like that."

Interestingly, for Shenmue and Yakuza fans, Boyes says it is those games that Sony are focusing on.

"We get a ton of requests for Yakuza, a ton of requests for Shenmue. We see the lists," Boyes said.

"We have a person that compiles those lists and prioritises based on how many requests we've gotten. And I think to date there's well over 10,000 mentions across like forum threads and stuff like that. So those are the ones we're focused on."

Boyes also commented on when fans should expect to start to see the result of Sony's work getting ports onto PlayStation platforms.

"I would say within the next six months we'll have at least one if not a few announcements to make on that front."

Whether Boyes is talking about the PS4, the PS Vita, or even the PS3, remains to be seen.
    also also

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ense-from-sega

if any (or all!) of these things happen, how ****ing cool would that be. Adam Boyes (who is fyi the canadian white guy in the "this is how you share games on playstation" commercial thing, and who regularly appears on giantbomb) is awesome.

so that would potentially mean hd-ified ports of Shenmue and Shenmue 2, and subtitled versions of Yakuza 5 and Ishin (and maaaybe Kenzan? idunno). and as mentioned above, maybe even Shenmue 3.
    Last edited by postrook; 11-14-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

if this belongs in general gaming, i apologise. this is major news that needs to be seen imo, but others judgment might be less clouded/biased.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 844

Lounge, General Gaming...I feel like they should be combined anyway. Both sections would benefit if we just talked about games here too. Lounge wouldn't be as dead, Gen. Gaming would actually get some replies, and nobody would be confused where to post.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

Nothing says "Healthy Forum" like having to combine two of the biggest sections. But seriously. They're not the same don't combine them.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 844

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Nothing says "Healthy Forum" like having to combine two of the biggest sections. But seriously. They're not the same don't combine them.
    Its not up to me or they'd already be combined. Lounge gets SO MUCH MORE traffic than GG. There'd be a ton more posts if we talked about "general gaming" in here. GG gets a ton of views but like 4 replies...the lounge gets both.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 358

Awesome @ Shenmue

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Lol, general gaming is one of the smallest here.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

When are they bringing Halo

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    When are they bringing Halo
    Shenmue II was an xbox exclusive. just like Halo!

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...Postmortem.php

Yu Suzuki, the influential Japanese game designer famously known for his work at Sega, will be delivering a Classic Game Postmortem on the iconic Dreamcast game Shenmue. Mark Cerny, game designer and lead system architect for PlayStation 4 will be on-hand to translate Suzuki's presentation into English for the audience.

Suzuki, currently president of his own studio YsNet, will talk for the very first time about the creation of the console classic Shenmue. Beginning with the origin of the title as a Virtua Fighter-based RPG on the Sega Saturn, he will take the audience through the long journey of the game that led to its ultimate release in 1999 on the Sega Dreamcast.
    neat