Trion Unveils Voxel-Based Trove

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    The hobby project that made him several thousand dollars, suuure... Pointing out that someone boned themselves isn't rude, it's fact, especially when it's demonsterable!

So much idiot fanboy.
    So, he made several thousand dollars off of a hobby project and he's boned? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pygoz View Post
    For me it's simple, as long as they don't update Cube World I will simply play Trove It's true that Wollay hasn't updated his game in months.
    Yup, nothing wrong with keeping up with both.
    »Games & IGN«
    •Wurm Online » Leviathan•
    •FFTA2•
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Minecraft needs a cash shop which trion will bring to their game.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Rise now, rise from your grave, by my hand this thread is necroed! D:<

I purchased Trove about four days ago and have since put in over 36 hours. o-o

For what it is and the level of Alpha it's currently in, the game is fun. Right now it's just, build your cornerstone, build your home-world up as much as you like, kill monsters in dungeons/the field for loots. Nothing particularly special, but i'm the kind of person that enjoys all of these things, and their's more coming, seeing as it's currently only in Alpha 0.00.13. As well as this, being able to make items which might get into the game and be rewarded for it is a very appetizing idea (They of course get vetted by moderators on the reddit), i just gotta find a good Voxel Editor that doesn't cost monies to be able to export :/

(The development tool they use, Quible, is 40$ to be able to export files.)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

How much did it cost?
    Last edited by Cy-Kill; 05-03-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

Trove is heavily based on Cube World, they're mainly making it as a Cash Grab to offset their failures, such as Defiance. I'd never suggest it to anyone.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next · Saving For: PlayStation 4

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 215

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Trove is heavily based on Cube World, they're mainly making it as a Cash Grab to offset their failures, such as Defiance. I'd never suggest it to anyone.
    It's also atrociouisly unoptimized, like worse than both Rift and Tera's even for an alpha. I put around 6-7 hours into it after getting an alpha key from a giveaway. It's definitely not as fun as Cube World ever was and a lot of the elements just don't feel all that fun. Gave my account to a friend to use since he seems to enjoy but I definitely wouldn't recommend buying into the alpha at any point since if I recall it's supposed to be f2p eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    It's also atrociouisly unoptimized, like worse than both Rift and Tera's even for an alpha. I put around 6-7 hours into it after getting an alpha key from a giveaway. It's definitely not as fun as Cube World ever was and a lot of the elements just don't feel all that fun. Gave my account to a friend to use since he seems to enjoy but I definitely wouldn't recommend buying into the alpha at any point since if I recall it's supposed to be f2p eventually.
    They already advertised with the founders packs, you will get cash shop currency with the founders packs.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

Quote Originally Posted by Cy-Kill View Post

How much did it cost?
    So, what was the cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cy-Kill View Post
    So, what was the cost?
    Here: http://www.trovegame.com/support-trove/

"Supporter Credits" are the cash shop currency.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

It's twenty bucks for the alpha variant, it actually does a good deal of things better than cube-world. First and foremost, it's actually being developed, where Cube world is not; don't even try to bring up, "He's adding quests! D;" - that's news from a quarter of a year ago. As for it being "A cash grab", no, actually, it isn't. If you'd looked into it you'd find their's only about three items in the cash shop which are exclusively being sold for cash credits.

As well as this, you can get the game free, plus a thousand bonus cash-shop currency and a special hat if you just make one single Voxel item that gets into the game, which happens extremely often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Oh yeah, just like how Everquest Next is just a blatant cash-grab for the atrocious failure EQ2 was.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast