Going to be extremely blunt here.....

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 23

Default Going to be extremely blunt here.....

**at the time of typing this it is 2am and i haven't had a drop of sleep so be wary of typos ahead!*
    I've been gaming for more than 4 years and i've been going on and off from popular games.
    I stop'd gaming for awhile but now i feel like getting back into the game, All the other games i've played seem too....... normal? Copy paste? Cloned?
    Well anyways what i've been looking for for awhile:
    *A game with somesort of puppet system or where you can control something, Like an object or a person that becomes and extension of you (so to speak) a perfect example would be Kankuro or sasori from naruto, Now i don't mean a summoner, because most of the time the summon has a mind of its own in a sense(you use a skill, it attacks, you put it on auto attack, it hits everything) What i'm talking about that the puppet/summon is your main weapon, you are powerless without it, your skills activate the puppet, So to speak. It doesn't have to be 100% like i said but anything close to it would be nice(http://www.leafninja.com/puppets.php)
    *Decent graphics(doesn't have to be tera style)

But if that cannot be found(as i've searched for awhile) this would be nice:
    *A game with a fast moving swordsmen, a katana would be great(Have you ever seen the slayer[blademaster] from Dungeon fighter online? thats a general idea of what i want, but in 3d if possible)
    *Not so p2w(a little P2W is ok as in the fact that if you spend 100$ to get this epic gear now, i could spend 4-5 weeks grinding to get a gear set that is the same or somewhat lower than what you have)

If that can't be found?
    *Fast moving gunman(i would prefer a man but a female class will do if decent) with dual guns, Have you ever seen the ranger from DFO? Thats a general idea
    *Same P2W option from above

If all else fails?
    *A summoning system, maybe one that lets you have more than 1 summon out, Or maybe some badass looking summons, Have you seen in RIFT, a nercomancer's lich form? That would be in my terms as a "badass summon"(even if it isn't a summon)

I'm just taking a shot in the dark here guys, i've lost all will to "do the mmo dance", It will take a real good one to put me back into the limbo.....

Thanks in advance
    -Silver.s
    Last edited by SilverSilver; 11-17-2013 at 03:56 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSilver View Post
    All the other games i've played seem too....... normal? Copy paste? Cloned?
    It's a phase. What you're seeking is community.

What i'm talking about that the puppet/summon is your main weapon, you are powerless without it,
    Sword of the New World (aka Granado Espada) or Guild Wars 1 are probably your best options!

Heimerdinger/Annie/Shaco/Viktor in League of Legends. The sci-fi ship in Altitude has a velocity-reversal, and LeBlanc in League can teleport back to two of her starting locations, so these allow mindgames.

In Entropia you can pay players to be your healer or gunman.

*A game with a fast moving swordsmen, a katana would be great(Have you ever seen the slayer[blademaster] from Dungeon fighter online? thats a general idea of what i want, but in 3d if possible)
    Zone of the Enders (singleplayer, console)... Thief in Guild Wars 2... Assassin in Continent of the Ninth... Swordsman (my favorite) in Dragon Nest...

*Fast moving gunman(i would prefer a man but a female class will do if decent) with dual guns, Have you ever seen the ranger from DFO? Thats a general idea
    GunZ, Warframe, Battlefield 3, Lost Saga?? I don't play many shooters so I don't know what is out there (Halo???).

*A summoning system, maybe one that lets you have more than 1 summon out, Or maybe some badass looking summons, Have you seen in RIFT, a nercomancer's lich form? That would be in my terms as a "badass summon"(even if it isn't a summon)
    Shin Megami Tensei, Pokemon X (console), and various RTS games.

... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

It's not exactly fulfilling your requirements (I'm never playing summoner-types so I can't really tell, honestly!), but if you think everything feels the same, I'd recommend The Secret World. It's really unique. There are several weapons available that fit your gameplay criteria and there might even be summoning in it, though I'm not sure about that.
    It is B2P and consequently NOT P2W at all.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'll recommend Mabinogi. Nice community, it actually has puppeeter and is unique.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

hi silversilver

i suspect the mmo that will meet all your requirements is actually DAOC, pay to play.

DAOC has several summoner classes, chief of which is Bonedancer. DAOC lets you act like a puppeteer and you can control 1 undead leader and i think 3+ undead minions under the leader. I think other classes may be able to control more than 1 leader and his team, but i am not sure (look at Animist class also and others). I think the puppet style is the most interesting idea to play that you have.

DAOC also has a swordsman class and I think also a gunner class.
    I am not sure, but i do not know about other mmos which do pets like that.
    I think Eudemons and Battle of the Immortals both allow only 1 pet at a time.
    Maybe POE or Diablo 2 necromancer style classes have a bit of this.

The earliest example of puppet gaming i know of may be the C64's Druid arcade game.
    Very fun and you an play it on emulator for 2 players.
    Druid can summon a golem. You control the Druid and you can assign the golem to be played by by a human or by AI. It's a really hard game as you go down the levels. I like puppet games and I would like to play them too.

edit: ooyea granada Espinada lets u control multiple characters in a family. that wud be like puppets :P
    Last edited by queenvoo; 11-20-2013 at 04:45 AM.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    It's a phase. What you're seeking is community.

Sword of the New World (aka Granado Espada) or Guild Wars 1 are probably your best options!

Heimerdinger/Annie/Shaco/Viktor in League of Legends. The sci-fi ship in Altitude has a velocity-reversal, and LeBlanc in League can teleport back to two of her starting locations, so these allow mindgames.

In Entropia you can pay players to be your healer or gunman.

Zone of the Enders (singleplayer, console)... Thief in Guild Wars 2... Assassin in Continent of the Ninth... Swordsman (my favorite) in Dragon Nest...

GunZ, Warframe, Battlefield 3, Lost Saga?? I don't play many shooters so I don't know what is out there (Halo???).

Shin Megami Tensei, Pokemon X (console), and various RTS games.

Thanks for the well written report. I tried most of them and didn't like em, Trying age of wushu now but i guess i would go far if i dont get (what you said) a "community" i though about it and you're right, thats what I really need....

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I also recommend Mabinogi. It doesn't really have the other things... at all. So maybe you wouldn't like it but it does have puppets. It's a class in the game. You get a puppet and you control it. It is basically an extension of yourself I think.