So, I'm fat... again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default So, I'm fat... again.

So, back in late 2007 I weighed ~320lbs at 6'3". I decided I was a fat f*ck and started working out.
    I didn't really consider it "work" at the time I just did it. After around 4 months I was down to around 215.
    It felt great... I could do pretty much so anything and not get tired / die.

Then I got married and started working at a call center. My activity quickly died and I lost the desire to really keep going.
    Now I am a fat f*ck again and just put on a pair of pants that I had in the bottom of the closet... It feels like pretty bad. I'm talking about the sadness of going from medium to 2XL. lol

Then:

Now:

I look like the blob that crept up on and assimilated my old self.

I would really like to get back in shape but can't keep the motivation for over a week.

Anyone else struggling with being a fatty?
    Last edited by FarmerM; 11-27-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

I'm struggling for the opposite reason. I'm scrawny as a stick. I wish I had the motivation to eat more and work out. You know how people want to avoid high calorie foods? I actually want high calorie foods. Sometimes I eat no more than one meal a day and that meal is between 500 to 1000 calories, sometimes less than 500. The rest consist of chips, candies, and drinks. Sometimes, I don't even have a meal. No, I don't have a some kind of psychological disorder regarding food. I'm just really picky and I get sick of stuff that I eat over and over. I open the fridge like 10 times a day and proceed to walk back to my room empty handed. When I do eat, I eat very little. Seafood on the other hand, is a whole different story. I can consume a 2 lb lobster + more!

You want to know what's the irony here? I'm a nutrition major and I'm studying to become a nutritionist.
    Last edited by M1nGs3N4yuk1; 11-27-2013 at 05:18 AM.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Broke off with my boyfriend -> Started hitting the gym every day of the week and eating healthy -> From 209 lbs to 160 lbs -> Got back with my boyfriend -> Stopped going to the gym, started eating junk food -> Going back to 209 lbs slowly.

I know it sounds super shallow but my motivation when I was single was getting laid. :/ Sucks but it's true.

Maybe we should get our partners involved with our training/diet. I hear that helps.

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

245, really should do more to work on it but between work and family its hard to find the energy. Would rather game in the little spare time I do have.

The Undead Reputation: 447

I always turn into a bit of a chunky monkey once it gets colder, but not really worried as I'll end up back in shape during one of my random super motivated episodes that happen now and then. Trick is not to let it get too far out of your control.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

I've been fat my whole life. My mom is fat, my grandma is fat, everyone in my family. It has a lot to do with how you carry yourself. If you have style and personality you can totally get away with it. Maybe its obtained through a lifetime of fatness though. It's never bothered me and I have no trouble with the 2 mile walk home from the bar. Some people just got da genes man. If its not negatively effecting your health, **** it. If its bothering you, change it

fat guy out.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 43

You know it's probably genetics or not. But like Oyster said if it bothers you. Try to change it. You know I used to be a stick back in my Sophomore year of High School. During my junior year. I ate a little more, but also started exercising back when I had no exercise in my Soph year. So you know perhaps it's genetics or not. As someone who has muscular dystrophy which it causes obesity. Have you checked yourself for any potential diseases like MD or something else?. Which I really hope you don't have anything, but you never know.

Also just try not to eat junk food. Like chips, fries, Hamburgers, etc. Try to eat just one steak if you can't handle going for a veggie diet. There's also shakes. But in my case they don't work for me at least.
    Last edited by moizeus; 11-27-2013 at 01:32 PM.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by M1nGs3N4yuk1 View Post
    I'm struggling for the opposite reason. I'm scrawny as a stick. I wish I had the motivation to eat more and work out. You know how people want to avoid high calorie foods? I actually want high calorie foods. Sometimes I eat no more than one meal a day and that meal is between 500 to 1000 calories, sometimes less than 500. The rest consist of chips, candies, and drinks. Sometimes, I don't even have a meal. No, I don't have a some kind of psychological disorder regarding food. I'm just really picky and I get sick of stuff that I eat over and over. I open the fridge like 10 times a day and proceed to walk back to my room empty handed. When I do eat, I eat very little. Seafood on the other hand, is a whole different story. I can consume a 2 lb lobster + more!

You want to know what's the irony here? I'm a nutrition major and I'm studying to become a nutritionist.
    Pretty much this, though everyne in my family is large. I expect to get larger as I age, but in my first 2 years of high school I was scrawny. I started t pick up towards the end now my arms are huge and chest is medium. I also have really long limbs so I till look scrawny. I don't think I've ever ate 2k calories on a regs, I would stop eating before I could, just can't do it. Not because I'm full, just don't feel like it. If I didn't work out so often, I don't think I'd need to eat everyday. No disorder, just a preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    I'm usually not at fault, so I don't normally have the opportunity to apologize.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I'm skin and bones.

When I joined University I tried gaining the freshman-10 by eating chicken and pastries every day. I gained one pound the entire year. The next year I tried eating a chocolate bar every week for a few months... Yeah. I have a high metabolism from playing 45 minutes of soccer mid position without any bench subs and supervising 5-10 children at a playground in the summer.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 382

I used to be insanely skinny. In high school I was 6'2, 139 pounds. In junior year I said fck it. That summer I started a weight gain regimen, 4000 calories a day, mostly from milk and weight gainer shakes. I went from 139 to 180, I peaked at 190. I worked out feverishly too.
    Met one of my exes, bad breakup ensued, couldn't eat, sleep, lift.. I shot right back down to 140. My doctor thought I had HIV from such a lost of weight.
    I've never really been motivated to start again I probably will sooner or later, but my schedule isn't free like it used to be back then with work and college now. But man was it great. I've accepted my body for what it is, though being skinny sucks, it doesn't show my age well and a lot of ppl still think I'm a teenager.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast