Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbound Beta Available Dec 4th!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by minajkl View Post
    its the decoy princess

@Acreon I wish mine was higher its like lv 9 since star maps you unlock in mp wont unlock in sp so im stuck at my boring base biomes T.T
    Actually we probably have the same weapon then haha
    peeping horror

okay gonna try ufo again...let's see how I do.

Fought him on a hill with some extended ledges. Went way better. Now onto the next tier.
    Last edited by Acreon; 12-06-2013 at 09:16 PM.

🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580

Quote Originally Posted by minajkl View Post
    its the decoy princess

@Acreon I wish mine was higher its like lv 9 since star maps you unlock in mp wont unlock in sp so im stuck at my boring base biomes T.T
    Thank you , and I got a spare mk3 starmap if you want it , some server was spamming bosses ...

also the hammer I found that throws bones has 35 armor penetration and 45 dmg xd il post a screenshot of it when I get home
    Last edited by Seya; 12-06-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    Thank you , and I got a spare mk3 starmap if you want it , some server was spamming bosses ...

also the hammer I found that throws bones has 35 armor penetration and 45 dmg xd il post a screenshot of it when I get home
    Sounds terrifying.

They finally added matter blocks to unlock the other craftable items , now I can farm mobs for drops like plated scales for armor thar needs th blocks ... and for that space helm

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 107

soooo i happen to have found a magic scroll, i can equip it on my back but nothing happens.

any idea if i need the full wizard set to use it or?
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    I'm sure that everything that I just said seems extremely silly to most of the people reading this, but Sonic has a place in my heart and that will carry on until I die.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Espio0 View Post
    soooo i happen to have found a magic scroll, i can equip it on my back but nothing happens.

just vanity

and seya id love one I miss the tentacle planet it had great music.

Well if you can wait 6 more hours till I get home il make a hamachi server so we can trade. Or il log in on the us server posted here . Xd

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 94

Quote Originally Posted by Espio0 View Post

its just a Vanity Item

Found another Legendary

First time finding Diamonds underground and not in a Chest.

And some Uranium.
    Last edited by MoonStoneX; 12-06-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Does anyone know how to increase your energy pool? Some guns take more than 100 energy to shoot.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    Well if you can wait 6 more hours till I get home il make a hamachi server so we can trade. Or il log in on the us server posted here . Xd
    I can wait if you want :P me and moon are on pwarps server now though.(edit: you know what i meant i was being distracted by space )

My dream came true I can survive in space and I reached the edge of it.

Last edited by minajkl; 12-06-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Super Moderator Reputation: 208

Massive balance update coming in the next few days, probably along with a character wipe.

So they are Revamping Damage and stuff in 2 Days.
    http://playstarbound.com/coming-in-a...for-the-delay/

Ok guys so we decided to make this update a lot bigger. It’s going to take a day or two to complete and I wanted to explain exactly what we’re doing with the balance of the game to open it up for discussion.

Currently the damage system in Starbound is built around an armor penetration system. This system was put in place to account for the 100 planet levels, 100 monster levels and so on. Whilst the system works it leads to a difficulty curve that can be confusing to navigate as well as stats that are a little more difficult to understand. (A weapon that does 40 damage, only does 40 damage to a monster of the same level as the weapon. Otherwise as the distance between armor penetration/armor level grows the damage increases/decreases.)

It’s hard to know exactly how much damage your weapon will do to any given monster and it’s difficult to know which of two weapons is the most effective.

Another problem with this system is items that do a static amount of damage. For example in the current alpha sector it’s possible to find throwing daggers with 5 armor penetration. These daggers are extremely powerful in the lower half of the tier but near useless in the upper half.

When working with 100 levels, without the armor penetration system you end up with absurd damage/health values that are far too big to be manageable and that’s the reason this system was originally in place.

So over this weekend we’re going to work on the solution to this problem. We’re going to reduce the number of planet levels from 100, to 10. *This is not a decrease in the amount of content, it’s simply a change to how leveling functions*. The smaller number of levels means that we can remove armor penetration entirely and simplify weapon damage. You’ll be able to directly compare weapon DPS which will now appear on the weapons tooltip. Armor will become easier to understand and will gain additional buffs, such as increasing player max health. We’re also now able to remove armor from monsters and simply give more powerful monsters more health, this way you always know how much damage your weapon will do.

Monsters will no longer have a level, instead monsters will be given an easy/medium/hard marker, that shows you how difficult a monster is in the context of the sector it’s in. For example, a hard monster in sector 1 will be roughly the same strength as an easy monster in sector 2. The difficulty of monsters will increase the lower you dig, but so will the rewards.

Items with a static amount of damage will be manually balanced and useful for the entire sector you find them on. Given that the range of health difference will be lower now, we can ensure that items such as throwing daggers will be useful for the entire sector. We’re also able to make sure that when you craft the best armor in a sector, you’ll be in good shape for the next sector. By ensuring that the hardest monsters in sector 1 match the easiest monsters in sector 2, you’ll be able to progress without having to face instakills on either side.

I suspect this game will drastically improve the balance of the game and make the extra wait worth it.

Coming along with this update will be a bunch of bug fixes and some new content.

Shortly after this update we’ll be adding a complete sector 4, delta sector.

This update will probably require a character reset (I’m sorry! Beta )

Give us your thoughts guys
    Sucks our Characters might get deleted, but this is a much needed change. I am in Current Sector 3 (Gamma) Content and it's just annoying past Lv 33 Planets.
    Last edited by MoonStoneX; 12-07-2013 at 07:16 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 829

Quote Originally Posted by MoonStoneX View Post
    So they are Revamping Damage and stuff in 2 Days.
    http://playstarbound.com/coming-in-a...for-the-delay/

Sucks our Characters might get deleted, but this is a much needed change. I am in Current Sector 3 (Gamma) Content and it's just annoying past Lv 33 Planets.
    omg yes, that sounds perfect. it is annoying indeed yeah getting 1 shot by freaking everything lol

Hoshigami Reputation: 427

The more I play Starbound, the more I just want to uninstall Terraria.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Hmm guess I'm gonna wait for that balance update. I'm hoping that will make legendaries feel more "legendary" too. I've only found one (the peeping horror) that was better than my L5 two handed sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    The more I play Starbound, the more I just want to uninstall Terraria.
    at this stage i still think terraria is way better, but starbound does have potential to become better

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    at this stage i still think terraria is way better, but starbound does have potential to become better

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    umm ok, thats pretty cool but it doesnt change the fact that terraria is way more polished, balanced and has more unique weapons/bosses/interesting chests to be found underground, past sector 3 the balance really will hit u in the face, its either 1 shot the monster, or get 1 shot by the monster. u might aswel be nude :P so ill just screw around a little and hope the upcoming wipe/rebalance patch will make things better

umm ok, thats pretty cool but it doesnt change the fact that terraria is way more polished, balanced and has more unique weapons/bosses/interesting chests to be found underground, past sector 3 the balance really will hit u in the face, its either 1 shot the monster, or get 1 shot by the monster. u might aswel be nude :P so ill just screw around a little and hope the upcoming wipe/rebalance patch will make things better
    Starbounds has a long way to go !

by the way is nobody playing anymore? US server down, my server dead for 3 hours now

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

you /do/ know that half of the content isn't even out, lol. it stops at 35, there's no fossil, pet etc.

by the way is nobody playing anymore? US server down, my server dead for 3 hours now
    Dont think so. Not really worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    you /do/ know that half of the content isn't even out, lol. it stops at 35, there's no fossil, pet etc.
    yup, thats why i said 'at this stage'

I am just going to wait till they rebalance the Combat before I start playing again.

what do i need to use all these ores: Cerulium, Rubium, Plutonium, Uranium, not to mention cell matter(not materia) and crystals?