Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbound Beta Available Dec 4th!

Hoshigami Reputation: 427

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    umm ok, thats pretty cool but it doesnt change the fact that terraria is way more polished, balanced and has more unique weapons/bosses/interesting chests to be found underground, past sector 3 the balance really will hit u in the face, its either 1 shot the monster, or get 1 shot by the monster. u might aswel be nude :P so ill just screw around a little and hope the upcoming wipe/rebalance patch will make things better
    I dunno. There's already a lot more to explore though, the planets have better design than the Terraria world, building is better/faster, character appearances are better, character movement feels a lot nicer, certain things like how water works is pretty cool. The music is better too. Some of the aesthetic designs are really nice as well such as the respawn cutscene, how your hearing gets muffled underwater, the character observations on pretty much everything and vary based on species, trees falling rather than exploding, visible block deterioration/regeneration, etc. There are already a lot of things in place that really make this game stand out more than Terraria did when it had it's beta.

Terraria just feels like a jumbled mess of ideas. When they changed the how potions work so that you get potion sickness from using one they kind of removed their usefulnesss. The crimson armor/weapons you can get pretty early on lasts you all the way up to hard mode which bypasses the need for a lot of the earlier armors and takes less time to get. It's really easy to make money without even fighting so you can abuse any kind of magic with mana pots, demolish you're way down really quick with bombs, shoot anything before it touches you with a minishark or even grenade the hell out of anything. It's not as balanced as it seems IMO.

After a few more tweaks (they really need to fix how fall damage works) and some more content, this game will be vastly better than Terraria. There's just way too many things in Terraria that are pretty much set in stone that I don't like.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 94

what do i need to use all these ores: Cerulium, Rubium, Plutonium, Uranium, not to mention cell matter(not materia) and crystals?
    Cerulium - I believe you need it to make Ferazium but the Recipe for it isn't available at the moment

Rubium - I am guessing its going to be the Next Tier of Armor and Weapons after Ferazium.

Plutonium and Uranium - Are Fuel for your Ship. Plutonium give 6 Fuel for 1 Ore and Uranium gives 4 Fuel for 1 Ore. You can also Smelt them for a Plutonium Rod and a Uranium Rod. The use for those Rods are Unknown at the moment.

Crystals - Is used to make Crystal Based Decorations like Beds, Chairs and stuff like that. You have to find the Recipes.

Cell Matter - I believe it's part of recipe to make a helm.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

by the way is nobody playing anymore? US server down, my server dead for 3 hours now
    I shut my PC down last night for a bit since nobody was on when I went to sleep around 5am EST. It's back up now.

I thought I would wake up earlier..but I was wrong. :P

Edit: Actually, if anyone want's to get on PM me and I'll put it up. I think at this point everyone is waiting for the update.
    Currently Playing: Paladins, Fallout 4 Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

Terraria was kind of sad. You build in 2D, you find armor sets, and you wind up finding yourself having killed everything possible enemy because..there just isn't much. POINT BEING, Terraria has been out for how long? It has the content of a small box when it clearly should not. When the community makes amazing mods and does it by themselves, you have to think if your really developing as much as you should for that amount of time.

Emphasis on the monster hunting and crafting, limited amount of monster content (For a 2D game, I'm surprised Terraria doesn't have a 3 digit number of bosses.), and hallowed/crimtane armor made everything before mute because it was so easy to farm.

Terraria is no doubt polished, but the amount of content is a joke...then again it doesn't cost 15$ lol so win-win.

I really hope Starbound becomes WAYYYYY BETTA! I'm not at the point where I feel like I've done all I wanted but I certainly don't want to reach that point in less than a week. I mean it may not be right to compared to the piece of shit that is Maplestory, but in terms of how much you can do in these 2D games, Maplestory takes the cake. It can't possibly be that hard to expand especially if you wanted more funds to do it because the community would give it lol.

Overall tl:dr, Starbound has potential but it is highly unlikely it'll be fully utilized and might just end up being a game you finish and put down waiting for every long-ass update (Not worth waiting on).

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

Cerulium - tier after ferozium
    rubium- after cerulium
    and cell matter is for the space/welder helms thus far.
    Some people before last patch hit edited files and bypassed ferozium and theres I believe 2 more tiers after rubium.

🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580

Quote Originally Posted by minajkl View Post
    rubium- after cerulium
    Some people before last patch hit edited files and bypassed ferozium and theres I believe 2 more tiers after rubium.
    There is something green and blue , uranium I belive and I dont know the blue ones name ... there is also a yellow ore besides gold , looks like yellow snowflakes in the ground . I found those all but I cant craft anything with them .

Super Moderator Reputation: 208

The only items that are fully implemented are Copper - Iron - Silver - Gold. While the stuff after that IS there, and you can craft some stuff with them, they aren't fully added into the game yet. One of the developers pretty much said the only reason the higher tier stuff is in the game is so people can mess around with them.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 829

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    I shut my PC down last night for a bit since nobody was on when I went to sleep around 5am EST.
    i was hit the bottomlayer of a planet and poof connection gone lol

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

I'm a bit confused. After i grab my shit from my ship and beam down, what's my next objective?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

build crafting table
    then a bow
    get meat
    cook it
    bam

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 94

Quote Originally Posted by Sharki3ait View Post
    I'm a bit confused. After i grab my shit from my ship and beam down, what's my next objective?
    w/e you want its an Exploring Sand Box Game mainly. There will be more Quests added to the game other than the Tuts.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 41

Finally got Tier 2 + the armor stuff and some guns and I still think this game is fu cking awesome!
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 125

any one can gift me it? last time ima ask ^^

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    Go shovel somebody's sidewalk or something. I dont think $15 is too hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    No one got you a copy, yet?

*Sigh* Duby I'll gift you a copy, what is your Steam? Mine is Sliphatos, add me on there.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 125

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    No one got you a copy, yet?

*Sigh* Duby I'll gift you a copy, what is your Steam? Mine is Sliphatos, add me on there.
    sent you friend invite

thanks man downloading now ^^
    Last edited by duby; 12-08-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Man on my SP character, I'm still on my starter world, lol. There is so much crap (sometimes literally) on a single planet...I'm digging in random directions and finding all kinds of stuff.

42 Reputation: 57

So happy about this change coming up, i hated the armor penetration system that literally made me throw out my legendarys the minute i went from a level 32 to a level 33 planet because it would do no damage to the creatures there =,=

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

It also opens up for options on how to make an enemy difficult than just "bigger&beefier" since they no longer have to worry about levels being so drastically impactful.

I hope they will start dropping guns not just melee weapons -.- .

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 92

The difficulty difference between a lv 1 world and a lv 4 world is ridiculouso.

The feeling i got from the items and planet levels are that every weapon you find on a plane and its current level , the weapon is just for that level and lower , if i went to a one lvl higher planet it felt like my weapon was useless ...
    And the insane numbers of one hit kills from the mobs were insane .

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

dont get the game just some monsters and stuff around

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 829

Quote Originally Posted by Narog View Post
    dont get the game just some monsters and stuff around
    umm, theres plenty of things to do already at this beta stage lol. i mean sure it isnt complete but saying u shouldnt get the game makes me wonder if you even explored the planets/sectors.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by minajkl View Post
    rubium- after cerulium
    U need to edit a config file ( player.conf ), not because u need to get an advantage but to get over some bugs that are still in the beta like with Ferozium and Impervium ( wich is tier 10 material and the last one u can use ) ...