Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbound Beta Available Dec 4th!

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

I've got an extra Server PC and one of the best high speed connections I could get for home networking. Would anyone be interested in a server for this? I've tested it before and putting up the server won't effect my streaming so I might jump on the hype train here and play this along with League.

Server could run 24/7 so let me know if you guys are interested.
    Currently Playing: Paladins, Fallout 4 Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267

Welp what happened with few pages back imo.

Anyway, i have been really waiting for this game and i would be interested in such online adventuring.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    1) Regardless of what it is, facts are important, so its the truth, both of which elude you. If you want to be taken seriously you've got to be correct, which i am, and no wikipedia is NEVER a good source of information that is actually accurate, regardless of subject. Get it straight.

2)I'm not pressing the issue, i'm just holding my position because it's the correct one. As for why i'm pointing it out and expanding, mostly because of how incredibly ignorant so many folks on this forum are in regards to definitions of games.

Not to mention that the fact that i've pointed out and given more than enough evidence that minecraft IS in Beta and that you still choose to be ignorant just goes to show that you KNOW that you're wrong. It's sad that you'll defend your ignorance so viamently.
    Good Ol' Dave always has to be correct, he's the god of the internet so of course he is correct. It seems that you want to be correct no matter what and bring up shitty arguments to prove that you're correct, even though you're not. So you linked to gamepedia which is just as trustworthy as wikipedia, but you believe its credible/correct one because it approves of your statement? bull shit. "i'm just holding my position because it's the correct one" circulus in probando. Anyways i wont really argue further or anything, its already done but chill dude you're not always correct as you think you are.

On-topic : Been waiting for this game like FOREVER. Finally its coming out, too bad there is no magic (not for me but my friend) im a sword user

🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580

I'm gonna take my time and fully explore every world if they are as big as terraria's LARGE versions of generated maps then it will take a few days and there are unlimited worlds in this game .

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by sliferx94 View Post
    Good Ol' Dave always has to be correct, he's the god of the internet so of course he is correct. It seems that you want to be correct no matter what and bring up shitty arguments to prove that you're correct, even though you're not. So you linked to gamepedia which is just as trustworthy as wikipedia, but you believe its credible/correct one because it approves of your statement? bull shit. "i'm just holding my position because it's the correct one" circulus in probando. Anyways i wont really argue further or anything, its already done but chill dude you're not always correct as you think you are.

On-topic : Been waiting for this game like FOREVER. Finally its coming out, too bad there is no magic (not for me but my friend) im a sword user
    Good old idiot trolls on the internet, they always come out like cockroaches from the woodwork when ever their's a civil discourse. Actually, i am always right, because when suitable evidence has been brought forward and i'v been shown to be wrong, i admit it and change my stance regardless of how closely i held my previous beliefs.

Actually i defend my position because i AM right, thanks for making a useless post though, it was really helpful to the topic and didn't back step the entirety of it even after we'we'd all moved on at all!
    Last edited by Dave!Yognaught; 12-02-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    I'm gonna take my time and fully explore every world if they are as big as terraria's LARGE versions of generated maps then it will take a few days and there are unlimited worlds in this game .
    I wonder if their IS a technically limited number of worlds, like, ones that are close enough to actually get to! o-o Maybe you'll need a ship upgrade to be able to leave the solar system! How cool would it be to be able to upgrade your ship?! That shoulda been a kickstarter stretch goal, ship upgrades and battles @.@;

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

Bought it with a couple of my friends.
    I really hope you can get that server up man.

I wonder if their IS a technically limited number of worlds, like, ones that are close enough to actually get to! o-o Maybe you'll need a ship upgrade to be able to leave the solar system! How cool would it be to be able to upgrade your ship?! That shoulda been a kickstarter stretch goal, ship upgrades and battles @.@;
    The only space battles I can see in this game is a side scrolling ship ramming action . You ram other spaceships or get out of the ship float in space and use a grappling hook to get to the enemy ship . Looting everything inside xd . But I just want to play it and get my penguin pet.

I wonder if there are pandas ...

I forgot their were pets! Oh my god and fossils! I can finally live out my dream of being a paleontologist on mars! D:

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 94

やめてください! Reputation: 296

'
    As well as this, oh hey, here's the Minecraft timeline from Gamepedia, about as trustworthy as Wikipedia, http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Timel...ents#January_2

At no point does it say full release, just resetting of the number after it was passed on to jeb.
    Hi. I wasn't going to participate in this silly argument but since I have this thing for proving people wrong I did a little research and look, Notch's tumblr:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/12463452801/nervousness

Next week is MineCon week. That means we’ll release the full version of Minecraft(which will be called “Minecraft”, and have a version number of 1.0. The current version is “Minecraft Beta”) . We’ll keep working on Minecraft for a long time after the full release, but it’s a huge milestone.
    Oh.

On-topic: I think I might skip the first few Betas, at least until they add more content. Totally excited that they are moving forward though! Wasn't expecting the Beta this year to be honest. Also, Novakids are the superior race. You will all bow to the Novakids.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129

AHHH!
    The press reviews are out. SHIELD YOUR EYES.
    SAVE YOUR EXPERIENCE!
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆

[QUOTE=Orpheus;2978391]Hi. I wasn't going to participate in this silly argument but since I have this thing for proving people wrong I did a little research and look, Notch's tumblr:

Glad to see the butthurt continues this far into the thread!

Moonstone, i love you, i probably woulda missed the video had you not posted it as it would get burried under all my other subs @.@;
    Can't wait to be a plant-person and do all kinds of fancy things. I wonder if their's going to be more RP-based servers in Starbound than their was in Terraria o3o!

Also PaperBat VG is gonna be doing a stream at midnight tonight EST -http://www.twitch.tv/paperbat

Arri's Animal Reputation: 113

Double poster! Seize the heathen!

Gasp D;
    In any case, i can admit that i was wrong in regards to the Minecraft argument, though i'll not appolagise for not taking Feelings over Facts. The only reason i'm relenting is the introduction of empirical evidence provided (though in a remarkably rude fashion) by Orpheus.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Hi. I wasn't going to participate in this silly argument but since I have this thing for proving people wrong I did a little research and look, Notch's tumblr:

Oh.

On-topic: I think I might skip the first few Betas, at least until they add more content. Totally excited that they are moving forward though! Wasn't expecting the Beta this year to be honest. Also, Novakids are the superior race. You will all bow to the Novakids.
    Well good try at diffusing the situation.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22

Well just Finished watching TB and Jessie play some starbound I know for sure I want to get the game but i´m not sure if I want to play the beta or wait for full release main reason my experience is I play the beta so much I get sick of the game before it is out it happen to Tera it happened to Minecraft so I did not play both of them again until 1 year after release. I think I wanna wait.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 834

u guys got your codes send to you by mail yet btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    u guys got your codes send to you by mail yet btw?
    Nope, its still Dec 3, wait pls.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 834

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    Nope, its still Dec 3, wait pls.
    well i dont know, sometimes game company's send them out weeks before the game actualy goes in beta lol.
    was just making sure i didnt miss something :P

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    well i dont know, sometimes game company's send them out weeks before the game actualy goes in beta lol.
    was just making sure i didnt miss something :P
    Welp, got early day tommorow, hope to see the key when i get home.

Hey!
    There’s been confusion recently about how we intend to distribute the beta, and I’d like to clear some of that up.
    An important thing to note off the bat is that we do still fully intend to provide cust****s with a DRM-free non-Steam version of the game! We know how important that is to some of you, who either don’t like or can’t use Steam for one reason or another.

However, the way we’ve decided to go about the beta has left us wondering how best to go about distributing it in its first stages, considering how frequently it’s going to be updated and patched and how much simpler it is to do that via Steam. Hence Tiy’s recent tweets! These are our options:

1) Provide a Steam key and DRM-free direct download from the start, and keep them both up to date! This…isn’t the most attractive option. We’d spend far too much of time trying to manage our updates instead of making the game, and as a result updates would have to be slower/less frequent for everyone.
    2) Provide a Steam key and DRM-free direct download from the start, but update the DRM-free version less frequently. This could work, but the DRM-free version of the game would be incompatible with the Steam version most of the time, which isn’t so great.
    3) Provide a Steam key from the start and provide a DRM-free version a little later when the beta is more stable and updates are less frequent. Considering that the ‘Progenitor’ stage of beta is very much intended to be a testing period, a lot of people may want to wait to play when it’s more stable, anyway.

So that’s where we’re at! We don’t gain anything by excluding anyone, so we’re really just trying to figure out how to do what’s best.
    Wouldn’t mind hearing your thoughts, guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... well expect the game to be played by anyone not just the ones who paid for it >.>

W0t. So, i bought SP game that i could have pirated? >.> Thats kinda sad.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    W0t. So, i bought SP game that i could have pirated? >.> Thats kinda sad.
    Spending 15 bucks to support an indie developer and helping the demand for more future content to be produced is sad?

Man I must have some screwed up priorities.