Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 496

Thread: Starbound Beta Available Dec 4th!

  1. #51
    Game Journalist Reputation: 64
    Pwarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I've got an extra Server PC and one of the best high speed connections I could get for home networking. Would anyone be interested in a server for this? I've tested it before and putting up the server won't effect my streaming so I might jump on the hype train here and play this along with League.

    Server could run 24/7 so let me know if you guys are interested.
    Currently Playing: Paladins, Fallout 4 Random Steam Games

    What the hell is a Pwarp?

  2. #52
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Welp what happened with few pages back imo.

    Anyway, i have been really waiting for this game and i would be interested in such online adventuring.

  3. #53
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 43
    sliferx94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    1) Regardless of what it is, facts are important, so its the truth, both of which elude you. If you want to be taken seriously you've got to be correct, which i am, and no wikipedia is NEVER a good source of information that is actually accurate, regardless of subject. Get it straight.

    2)I'm not pressing the issue, i'm just holding my position because it's the correct one. As for why i'm pointing it out and expanding, mostly because of how incredibly ignorant so many folks on this forum are in regards to definitions of games.

    Not to mention that the fact that i've pointed out and given more than enough evidence that minecraft IS in Beta and that you still choose to be ignorant just goes to show that you KNOW that you're wrong. It's sad that you'll defend your ignorance so viamently.
    Good Ol' Dave always has to be correct, he's the god of the internet so of course he is correct. It seems that you want to be correct no matter what and bring up shitty arguments to prove that you're correct, even though you're not. So you linked to gamepedia which is just as trustworthy as wikipedia, but you believe its credible/correct one because it approves of your statement? bull shit. "i'm just holding my position because it's the correct one" circulus in probando. Anyways i wont really argue further or anything, its already done but chill dude you're not always correct as you think you are.

    On-topic : Been waiting for this game like FOREVER. Finally its coming out, too bad there is no magic (not for me but my friend) im a sword user

  4. #54
    🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,276
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I'm gonna take my time and fully explore every world if they are as big as terraria's LARGE versions of generated maps then it will take a few days and there are unlimited worlds in this game .


  5. #55
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sliferx94 View Post
    Good Ol' Dave always has to be correct, he's the god of the internet so of course he is correct. It seems that you want to be correct no matter what and bring up shitty arguments to prove that you're correct, even though you're not. So you linked to gamepedia which is just as trustworthy as wikipedia, but you believe its credible/correct one because it approves of your statement? bull shit. "i'm just holding my position because it's the correct one" circulus in probando. Anyways i wont really argue further or anything, its already done but chill dude you're not always correct as you think you are.

    On-topic : Been waiting for this game like FOREVER. Finally its coming out, too bad there is no magic (not for me but my friend) im a sword user
    Good old idiot trolls on the internet, they always come out like cockroaches from the woodwork when ever their's a civil discourse. Actually, i am always right, because when suitable evidence has been brought forward and i'v been shown to be wrong, i admit it and change my stance regardless of how closely i held my previous beliefs.

    Actually i defend my position because i AM right, thanks for making a useless post though, it was really helpful to the topic and didn't back step the entirety of it even after we'we'd all moved on at all!
    Last edited by Dave!Yognaught; 12-02-2013 at 08:54 PM.

  6. #56
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    I'm gonna take my time and fully explore every world if they are as big as terraria's LARGE versions of generated maps then it will take a few days and there are unlimited worlds in this game .
    I wonder if their IS a technically limited number of worlds, like, ones that are close enough to actually get to! o-o Maybe you'll need a ship upgrade to be able to leave the solar system! How cool would it be to be able to upgrade your ship?! That shoulda been a kickstarter stretch goal, ship upgrades and battles @.@;

  7. #57
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Bought it with a couple of my friends.
    I really hope you can get that server up man.

  8. #58
    🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,276
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    I wonder if their IS a technically limited number of worlds, like, ones that are close enough to actually get to! o-o Maybe you'll need a ship upgrade to be able to leave the solar system! How cool would it be to be able to upgrade your ship?! That shoulda been a kickstarter stretch goal, ship upgrades and battles @.@;
    The only space battles I can see in this game is a side scrolling ship ramming action . You ram other spaceships or get out of the ship float in space and use a grappling hook to get to the enemy ship . Looting everything inside xd . But I just want to play it and get my penguin pet.


    I wonder if there are pandas ...


  9. #59
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I forgot their were pets! Oh my god and fossils! I can finally live out my dream of being a paleontologist on mars! D:

  10. #60
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 94
    MoonStoneX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    4,158
    Rep Power
    12

    Default



  11. #61
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,707
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    '
    As well as this, oh hey, here's the Minecraft timeline from Gamepedia, about as trustworthy as Wikipedia, http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Timel...ents#January_2

    At no point does it say full release, just resetting of the number after it was passed on to jeb.
    Hi. I wasn't going to participate in this silly argument but since I have this thing for proving people wrong I did a little research and look, Notch's tumblr:

    http://notch.tumblr.com/post/12463452801/nervousness

    Next week is MineCon week. That means we’ll release the full version of Minecraft(which will be called “Minecraft”, and have a version number of 1.0. The current version is “Minecraft Beta”) . We’ll keep working on Minecraft for a long time after the full release, but it’s a huge milestone.
    Oh.

    On-topic: I think I might skip the first few Betas, at least until they add more content. Totally excited that they are moving forward though! Wasn't expecting the Beta this year to be honest. Also, Novakids are the superior race. You will all bow to the Novakids.

  12. #62
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129
    puudleduudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Post Apocalyptic Tokyo, USA
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    AHHH!
    The press reviews are out. SHIELD YOUR EYES.
    SAVE YOUR EXPERIENCE!
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆♬♪♫☆•*¨*•.¸¸♪☆



  13. #63
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    [QUOTE=Orpheus;2978391]Hi. I wasn't going to participate in this silly argument but since I have this thing for proving people wrong I did a little research and look, Notch's tumblr:

    http://notch.tumblr.com/post/12463452801/nervousness

    Glad to see the butthurt continues this far into the thread!

    Moonstone, i love you, i probably woulda missed the video had you not posted it as it would get burried under all my other subs @.@;
    Can't wait to be a plant-person and do all kinds of fancy things. I wonder if their's going to be more RP-based servers in Starbound than their was in Terraria o3o!

  14. #64
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Also PaperBat VG is gonna be doing a stream at midnight tonight EST -http://www.twitch.tv/paperbat

  15. #65
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 113
    Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    3,152
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Double poster! Seize the heathen!


  16. #66
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Gasp D;
    In any case, i can admit that i was wrong in regards to the Minecraft argument, though i'll not appolagise for not taking Feelings over Facts. The only reason i'm relenting is the introduction of empirical evidence provided (though in a remarkably rude fashion) by Orpheus.

  17. #67
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,436
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Hi. I wasn't going to participate in this silly argument but since I have this thing for proving people wrong I did a little research and look, Notch's tumblr:

    http://notch.tumblr.com/post/12463452801/nervousness



    Oh.

    On-topic: I think I might skip the first few Betas, at least until they add more content. Totally excited that they are moving forward though! Wasn't expecting the Beta this year to be honest. Also, Novakids are the superior race. You will all bow to the Novakids.
    Well good try at diffusing the situation.

  18. #68
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Well just Finished watching TB and Jessie play some starbound I know for sure I want to get the game but i´m not sure if I want to play the beta or wait for full release main reason my experience is I play the beta so much I get sick of the game before it is out it happen to Tera it happened to Minecraft so I did not play both of them again until 1 year after release. I think I wanna wait.

  19. #69
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 834
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    15,011
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    u guys got your codes send to you by mail yet btw?

  20. #70
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    u guys got your codes send to you by mail yet btw?
    Nope, its still Dec 3, wait pls.

  21. #71
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 834
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    15,011
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    Nope, its still Dec 3, wait pls.
    well i dont know, sometimes game company's send them out weeks before the game actualy goes in beta lol.
    was just making sure i didnt miss something :P

  22. #72
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    well i dont know, sometimes game company's send them out weeks before the game actualy goes in beta lol.
    was just making sure i didnt miss something :P
    Welp, got early day tommorow, hope to see the key when i get home.

  23. #73
    🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,276
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Hey!
    There’s been confusion recently about how we intend to distribute the beta, and I’d like to clear some of that up.
    An important thing to note off the bat is that we do still fully intend to provide cust****s with a DRM-free non-Steam version of the game! We know how important that is to some of you, who either don’t like or can’t use Steam for one reason or another.

    However, the way we’ve decided to go about the beta has left us wondering how best to go about distributing it in its first stages, considering how frequently it’s going to be updated and patched and how much simpler it is to do that via Steam. Hence Tiy’s recent tweets! These are our options:

    1) Provide a Steam key and DRM-free direct download from the start, and keep them both up to date! This…isn’t the most attractive option. We’d spend far too much of time trying to manage our updates instead of making the game, and as a result updates would have to be slower/less frequent for everyone.
    2) Provide a Steam key and DRM-free direct download from the start, but update the DRM-free version less frequently. This could work, but the DRM-free version of the game would be incompatible with the Steam version most of the time, which isn’t so great.
    3) Provide a Steam key from the start and provide a DRM-free version a little later when the beta is more stable and updates are less frequent. Considering that the ‘Progenitor’ stage of beta is very much intended to be a testing period, a lot of people may want to wait to play when it’s more stable, anyway.

    So that’s where we’re at! We don’t gain anything by excluding anyone, so we’re really just trying to figure out how to do what’s best.
    Wouldn’t mind hearing your thoughts, guys!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... well expect the game to be played by anyone not just the ones who paid for it >.>


  24. #74
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    FluffyKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,493
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    W0t. So, i bought SP game that i could have pirated? >.> Thats kinda sad.

  25. #75
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    W0t. So, i bought SP game that i could have pirated? >.> Thats kinda sad.
    Spending 15 bucks to support an indie developer and helping the demand for more future content to be produced is sad?

    Man I must have some screwed up priorities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •