Starbound Beta Available Dec 4th!

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 181

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotomy View Post
    A word of warning to anyone playing on a Starbound multiplayer server, such as on Abhorsen's (where this occurred), is to not join anyone's party unless you don't care about getting stolen from or unless you absolutely trust the people in it to not steal some/most/all items from your ship's storage container. I'm hoping the Starbound devs will fix the problem of other players in your party being able to access your ship's storage (or at least add some kind of permission/locking system) because it's particularly depressing to just come back to your ship and see chunks of your items gone from your storage because someone in your party felt that it was somehow ok to just take whatever they wanted. It really kills the fun of multiplayer in that game, since it pretty much means the only way you can protect your ship is to not be in a party - which defeats the point of even playing with other people in the first place.
    Welp, thats why you should know whom you party with ^^

( thats it, at least for now ) /

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

A word of warning to anyone playing on a Starbound multiplayer server, such as on Abhorsen's (where this occurred), is to not join anyone's party unless you don't care about getting stolen from or unless you absolutely trust the people in it to not steal some/most/all items from your ship's storage container. I'm hoping the Starbound devs will fix the problem of other players in your party being able to access your ship's storage (or at least add some kind of permission/locking system) because it's particularly depressing to just come back to your ship and see chunks of your items gone from your storage because someone in your party felt that it was somehow ok to just take whatever they wanted. It really kills the fun of multiplayer in that game, since it pretty much means the only way you can protect your ship is to not be in a party - which defeats the point of even playing with other people in the first place.
    Really?! Were you the one that had all your ore missing yesterday
    Starbound : Carp : Usually with Abhorsen

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

I thought my server was up while I was at work..I was wrong. It's up now though.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

I've finished most of the setting up side of the website. Now I'm just getting it looking semi decent before I put it live. Still need a domain name idea.

Edit: I finally got off my starter planet and went to an ice moon. I decided to see if I could reach the core and ended up finding a nice amount of Silver Ore.

To early? :P
    Last edited by Pwarp; 12-11-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Banned Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    Welp, thats why you should know whom you party with ^^

( thats it, at least for now ) /
    Well, the thing is, before I had my stuff stolen I didn't even know that was a problem with the game. I was under the impression when I even saw the ship's storage locker that it would be exclusive to my character and that only I could access it; an assumption I could make since the game made no effort to tell me otherwise. So...yeah. I can only hope it's fixed in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by capromollo View Post
    Really?! Were you the one that had all your ore missing yesterday
    Yes. Ores, refined metal bars, and vanity items were all taken. Unfortunately I don't know who it was, since people in your party can warp to your ship even if you're not there, so I wasn't there to see it happen. The only one I ever actually saw visit my ship was Abhorsen himself, and I doubt it was him (but I suppose I could be wrong).

Either way, it's a sad statement of the community of people who visit this site and a reminder that very few of the members here can actually be trusted in the games we play.

Well, the thing is, before I had my stuff stolen I didn't even know that was a problem with the game. I was under the impression when I even saw the ship's storage locker that it would be exclusive to my character and that only I could access it; an assumption I could make since the game made no effort to tell me otherwise. So...yeah. I can only hope it's fixed in the future.

Yes. Ores, refined metal bars, and vanity items were all taken. Unfortunately I don't know who it was, since people in your party can warp to your ship even if you're not there, so I wasn't there to see it happen. The only one I ever actually saw visit my ship was Abhorsen himself, and I doubt it was him (but I suppose I could be wrong).

Either way, it's a sad statement of the community of people who visit this site and a reminder that very few of the members here can actually be trusted in the games we play.
    I'm going to password protect our server once I start working on Starbound MMO. Thankfully I have every weekend off and I'm taking a 1-2 week vacation in the next two weeks so I'll have time to get a lot accomplished with it before I go back to my current schedule.

First step is finding a dedicated staff (if any of you are interested) an artist or two and ideas. Open PvP or un open, start on the same planet or not, etc.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 599

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    YEah, they'll get nerfed fairly hard. Stupidly enough the devs nerfed ALL weapons, not just the ones that actually needed it.
    it seems pretty balanced to me now actually.

Currently Playing: random shit

>Screenshot Collection 2013<

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 186

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 46

Edit: whoops, fuel conversion for wood is now 5:1 (10 for 1 piece of coal)
    Messing around.

Server updated and back online.

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast