Starbound Beta Available Dec 4th!

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 586

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    On your server yesturday the planet i spawned was looted imo. Gonna go on and check whats going on now.

I found a ship that sells some overpriced shitty weapons >.>
    yes, everyone in multiplayer spawns on the same starter planet. thats how the game is

Currently Playing: random shit

>Screenshot Collection 2013<

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 33

Abhorsen, where did you get that super-smexy back item?! Is that the thing thats supposed to make lighting caves easier? D:

Arri's Animal Reputation: 181

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    Abhorsen, where did you get that super-smexy back item?! Is that the thing thats supposed to make lighting caves easier? D:
    I spent my hard earned Pixels on Lantern and it sucks lol

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 586

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    I spent my hard earned Pixels on Lantern and it sucks lol
    no way dude its awesome. it lights up stuff way better when digging underground so u dont need torches anymore.
    someone else made the lantern backpack for me cause i didnt have the recipe. i think its because my char is from before all the previous patches
    i do have 2 extra though so i could pass u one later

Currently Playing: random shit

>Screenshot Collection 2013<

Arri's Animal Reputation: 181

So on this random weak planet i just found 2x Tech chests, just like that, by walking around it lol.

I can give coords and trade 1x Energy Dash or just give it away

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

Found a legendary rifle that splits every bullet into 3 steam wouldnt let me take a pic of it -.- everytime I hovered over it text wouldnt show.
    Also found a grenade launcher seems like in x sector everythings turning into gun land.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 29

so I just recognized that every planet is now lvl 1 and on beta section every planet is lvl 2...
    wtf is wrong with this patch? Befor they patched the game it was so much better.
    Sure it was hard but right now its just too easy and this weapon nerf is not good either.
    Sure the normal weapons are balanced now but what is wrong with the relic weapons?
    found this eye sword (had this one some patches befor) and its so fuc k ing weak now. Even a normal weapon
    that I can craft is better than this relic one...seriousley. Whats going on? or is this just buggy cause I didnt
    delete my char? They said that there is no wipe for the last patch but its better to create a new one for the
    new experience...so is my game just fuc ked cause I am playing with my old one or is this normal?
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 33

Quote Originally Posted by fenix40k View Post
    so I just recognized that every planet is now lvl 1 and on beta section every planet is lvl 2...
    wtf is wrong with this patch? Befor they patched the game it was so much better.
    Sure it was hard but right now its just too easy and this weapon nerf is not good either.
    Sure the normal weapons are balanced now but what is wrong with the relic weapons?
    found this eye sword (had this one some patches befor) and its so fuc k ing weak now. Even a normal weapon
    that I can craft is better than this relic one...seriousley. Whats going on? or is this just buggy cause I didnt
    delete my char? They said that there is no wipe for the last patch but its better to create a new one for the
    new experience...so is my game just fuc ked cause I am playing with my old one or is this normal?
    They changed the planet leveling system because weapons would become literally useless between jumps of just one level, so a sword that worked great on a level 34 planet is crap on a level 35 one, and over powered on a level 33. This way your weapons stay reasonably helpful all the way through the sector, though better weapons do occasionally crop up and make you want to swap out.

Legendary weapons definitely need some balancing, at least in the first half of the beta. Later on they become way more useful and significantly harder to replace, but that's no excuse for a purple to have 9 DPS, which is less than your starting sword.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 29

They changed the planet leveling system because weapons would become literally useless between jumps of just one level, so a sword that worked great on a level 34 planet is crap on a level 35 one, and over powered on a level 33. This way your weapons stay reasonably helpful all the way through the sector, though better weapons do occasionally crop up and make you want to swap out.

Legendary weapons definitely need some balancing, at least in the first half of the beta. Later on they become way more useful and significantly harder to replace, but that's no excuse for a purple to have 9 DPS, which is less than your starting sword.
    yeah I know they changed this weapon system but why they
    changed every planet to lvl 1..In my opinion its better if we get
    some planets up to 5 on alpha and on beta up to 10. Only lvl 1
    planets are boring + weapons befor the patch wasnt that useless on a
    higher planet. Only on beta stage but not on alpha (if you get the better stuff).
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 97

Quote Originally Posted by fenix40k View Post
    yeah I know they changed this weapon system but why they
    changed every planet to lvl 1..In my opinion its better if we get
    some planets up to 5 on alpha and on beta up to 10. Only lvl 1
    planets are boring + weapons befor the patch wasnt that useless on a
    higher planet. Only on beta stage but not on alpha (if you get the better stuff).
    Because it's
    1 easy
    1 medium
    1 hard

So Alpha has essentially 3 levels of difficulty. Pretty sure every stage follows this plan as well.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast