Starbound Beta Available Dec 4th!

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 29

Because it's
    1 easy
    1 medium
    1 hard

So Alpha has essentially 3 levels of difficulty. Pretty sure every stage follows this plan as well.
    so they are all 1 but some are easy up to hard? how do I know that a lvl 1 planet is on medium or hard? just trying?
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 97

Quote Originally Posted by fenix40k View Post
    so they are all 1 but some are easy up to hard? how do I know that a lvl 1 planet is on medium or hard? just trying?
    There's supposed to be an indicator for the planet but I've yet to see, though normally bigger planets and moons seem to be the most difficult(from my alpha and beta sector playing)

but basically an Alpha hard planet= a beta easy planet, and so on and so forth.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Starbound MMO Current Server Plans

Custom Weapon Colors

If possible, we will be implementing recolored weapons.

"Keys" or "Data Pads"

These will be used for locking certain doors. These Keys/Data Pads can not be stored and (if possible) must be equipped in order to use it. This key can be used to lock a private built home or hall but can also be recovered by any other player if you die by a player, not NPC or mob.

Player Journals

I'm going to request this feature and hopefully it get's added. If not and we are allowed to mod the server I'll see if we can't figure out a way to program it in. What these will be used for is taking notes in-game.

More styles, colors and hairstyles

If possible, we will be implementing custom hairstyles and more color and style/look options.

Magic Weapons

If we can add in custom effects, we will be adding in magic weapons. Since this is a Sci-Fi setting and not Fantasy there won't be magic wands and normal magic. Instead, think of the biotic weapons in Mass Effect.

Starting Area Changes

If possible, I'll be making it so that all players spawn in the same sector, but (sometimes) different planets. This is so that players can't target a single planet starting area to attack new players.

More to be added soon. Shout out some idea's people and let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Pwarp; 12-12-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Anyone else unable to jump to a new planet...?
    Starbound : Carp : Usually with Abhorsen

Arri's Animal Reputation: 181

Quote Originally Posted by capromollo View Post
    Anyone else unable to jump to a new planet...?
    Works fine for me.

AM I PRETTY NOW SENPAI~ Reputation: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    Starbound MMO Current Server Plans

Custom Weapon Colors

If possible, we will be implementing recolored weapons.

"Keys" or "Data Pads"

These will be used for locking certain doors. These Keys/Data Pads can not be stored and (if possible) must be equipped in order to use it. This key can be used to lock a private built home or hall but can also be recovered by any other player if you die by a player, not NPC or mob.

Player Journals

I'm going to request this feature and hopefully it get's added. If not and we are allowed to mod the server I'll see if we can't figure out a way to program it in. What these will be used for is taking notes in-game.

More styles, colors and hairstyles

If possible, we will be implementing custom hairstyles and more color and style/look options.

Magic Weapons

If we can add in custom effects, we will be adding in magic weapons. Since this is a Sci-Fi setting and not Fantasy there won't be magic wands and normal magic. Instead, think of the biotic weapons in Mass Effect.

Starting Area Changes

If possible, I'll be making it so that all players spawn in the same sector, but (sometimes) different planets. This is so that players can't target a single planet starting area to attack new players.

More to be added soon. Shout out some idea's people and let me know what you think.
    Sounds like a good plan, but I would personally wait until starbound is further along in the beta before getting a server set up.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    Sounds like a good plan, but I would personally wait until starbound is further along in the beta before getting a server set up.
    It's going to take awhile to figure out what works and what doesn't since I don't have control over what get's implemented and changed. I'm just starting early to see how it will go. If it gains popularity and it seems like it will work out, then I'll purchase the other servers. Regardless, it will be fun for me to see what all I can do. :P
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I want to buy starbound but I feel like it's going to happen to what happened with Terraria.

Where I got most items and all I'm doing is just running around on other people's server with nothing to do.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 92

I don't like how the avatar people are super primitive, so I guess I have to roll a robot now.. :l

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 17

Got to the end pretty much, which i mean got to the last tier of armor but idk what to do now D:

I would say this game is quite easy lol

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

Tupac Shakur

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast