Starbound Beta Available Dec 4th!

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    '
    You've never been to college have you? That's the argument those damn professors use to explain why you can't use Wikipedia in a research essay, why don't they understand that the internet is always right regardless of who says what?!

Also, you're technically right, seeing as Minecraft had an Alpha Test where Starbound did not, just a number of developer videos showing how progress was coming along, which is admittedly a huge difference from allowing random yahoos run around and break everything.

As well as this, oh hey, here's the Minecraft timeline from Gamepedia, about as trustworthy as Wikipedia, http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Timel...ents#January_2

At no point does it say full release, just resetting of the number after it was passed on to jeb.
    Lol, I have no idea why you are so intense about something so trivial. When it comes to games, wikipedia is pretty damn reliable. Pretty sure they even had a huge Minecraft convention in Vegas to celebrate the official release. Also as someone above mentioned version 1.0 signifies full release.

If adding content means its still in beta then an awful lot of games are promoting themselves wrong....like every MMO ever...which I dont believe is the case.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

'
    You've never been to college have you? That's the argument those damn professors use to explain why you can't use Wikipedia in a research essay, why don't they understand that the internet is always right regardless of who says what?!

Also, you're technically right, seeing as Minecraft had an Alpha Test where Starbound did not, just a number of developer videos showing how progress was coming along, which is admittedly a huge difference from allowing random yahoos run around and break everything.

As well as this, oh hey, here's the Minecraft timeline from Gamepedia, about as trustworthy as Wikipedia, http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Timel...ents#January_2

At no point does it say full release, just resetting of the number after it was passed on to jeb.
    1) That's not the point I was trying make; this isn't a college paper and just because something is on wikipedia, doesn't mean it is automatically incorrect. People only ever say that when it disagrees with their point. If someone found another site that said the same exact thing, would the issue of wikipedia being an uncredible site really matter if it's the truth? No.

2) Why are you pressing this issue so hard? Not to be a dick but nobody really cares about Minecraft, this is a Starbound thread. If you want to debate the issue of Minecraft still being in Beta status (which it's not since it released like Nov, 2011), do it in another thread.

edit: the date.
    Last edited by Kashis; 12-02-2013 at 04:49 AM.
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    1) That's not the point I was trying make; this isn't a college paper and just because something is on wikipedia, doesn't mean it is automatically incorrect. People only ever say that when it disagrees with their point. If someone found another site that said the same exact thing, would the issue of wikipedia being an uncredible site really matter if it's the truth? No.

2) Why are you pressing this issue so hard? Not to be a dick but nobody really cares about Minecraft, this is a Starbound thread. If you want to debate the issue of Minecraft still being in Beta status (which it's not since it released like Nov 11, 2011), do it in another thread.
    1) Regardless of what it is, facts are important, so its the truth, both of which elude you. If you want to be taken seriously you've got to be correct, which i am, and no wikipedia is NEVER a good source of information that is actually accurate, regardless of subject. Get it straight.

2)I'm not pressing the issue, i'm just holding my position because it's the correct one. As for why i'm pointing it out and expanding, mostly because of how incredibly ignorant so many folks on this forum are in regards to definitions of games.

Not to mention that the fact that i've pointed out and given more than enough evidence that minecraft IS in Beta and that you still choose to be ignorant just goes to show that you KNOW that you're wrong. It's sad that you'll defend your ignorance so viamently.
    Last edited by Dave!Yognaught; 12-02-2013 at 04:52 AM.

You're more than welcome to leave so we can actually talk about the original topic.

1) Regardless of what it is, facts are important, so its the truth, both of which elude you. If you want to be taken seriously you've got to be correct, which i am, and no wikipedia is NEVER a good source of information that is actually accurate, regardless of subject. Get it straight.

2)I'm not pressing the issue, i'm just holding my position because it's the correct one. As for why i'm pointing it out and expanding, mostly because of how incredibly ignorant so many folks on this forum are in regards to definitions of games.
    Okay.

So yeah I preordered a while back. Looking forward to playing but I wonder what time it'll be ready for dl?

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

Where is their studio located? o3o Hopefully it'll be released before like, midnight :c

Oh, it's in the UK :o Also, they have a cute website

The word you're looking for in your edit is "vehemently" Dave but thanks I'll work on getting my facts straight.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

To keep the hype strong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    To keep the hype strong :P

It looks like whenever they change directions, their held items mirror (like in most 2D games), but when they use them they end up in the correct hands lol. Might be an oversight.

Oh wait nvm: dude switched weapons on me.
    Last edited by Kashis; 12-02-2013 at 05:39 AM.

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 94

Kind of sad the Nova Race won't be in the Beta.
    PS4 Stole my heart... and my wallet.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast