Thread: OnRPG's Dota 2 Winter Break Tournament

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

Default OnRPG's Dota 2 Winter Break Tournament

What is it?
    A fun Dota 2 tournament where you must bring your own team of five. It is not required for any members to be apart of the OnRPG community. The tournament will be played in the Captains Draft mode with the aim of having fun and trying new drafts, however, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't aim to win. Play hard and win!
    Based on the amount of registered teams, the format will either be round robin (if less than 6 teams) or elimination brackets if more 6 or more teams sign up.

When is it?
    Sunday, December 22, 2013 @ 6:00PM.
    Time is still tentative and can change based on feedback as we'd like to accommodate as many teams as possible.

Who is participating?
    See the tournament page!

How can I join?
    We're trying to use a different platform so that the registration process goes smoothly and allows for options such as checking in and viewing registered teams.

You will need a battlefy account but that is a quick sign up.

Click here to sign up!

Why should I sign up?
    The main objective of this tournament is to have fun in a competitive environment. We all love to play games, why not make it a little competition. In addition to having some fun, it will serve as a test to determine the amount of interest shown in such competitive events in the OnRPG community. If there seems to be enough interest, events such as these may repeat in the future, maybe even with other games.
    Besides, around this time most of us have just finished with exams. We all deserve a break.
    In addition, there will also be prizes! Due to the tournament being solely funded by myself, I am not able to offer anything large, it is only there to offer some reward and incentive for giving it your all. Not promising anything but depending on the number of teams, prizes may increase. If you'd like to donate towards the prize pool, can be anything even in game items, let me know!

The first place team will receive:

1. Custom title on our forums
    2. Custom colored name on our forums
    3. Five treasure keys (used to open chests for goodies!)
    4. Possible bonus prizes depending on interest, don't hold me on this!

Tournament Rules

1. Always respect your opponents. Friendly banter is allowed as this tournament aims to have fun but do not go too far.
    2. No false or premptitive GGs. If your captain says GG in chat, you have forfeit the match.
    3. You are allowed to concede at any point. The captain must say GG in chat and immedietely leave the game.
    4. All wins/losses are to be reported to Abubakr so brackets may be updated. (Steam Profile linked below)
    5. Games will be played with the Captains Draft mode. Let's see some interesting drafts!
    6. First pick/ban will be randomly chosen unless agreed upon between teams.
    7. Servers are to be discussed between opponents and that which is best for both teams will be selected.
    8. Standins are allowed. It is better to get variable teams than to have no game at all. Only the captain may not be replaced. (Due to the captain being contacted to arrange matches)
    9. Being exessively late gives the team waiting the option to auto win. (Can decide after 10 minutes of waiting)
    10. Team captains must be present in the OnRPG Dota steam group chat room. This will be used to setup games.

Steam Group
    Please join the OnRPG Steam group. This will be used for any announcements of further events or event details. Click the logo below to join.

The Dota 2 Discussion thread can be found here.

For this tournament, joining the steam group is mandatory. The steam group chat room will be used to communicate between captains and setup matches.
    To join the chat room, simply join the group, head on over to the group page and click the chat button.

Players needing teams
    The following players have interest in playing but are unable to form a team. Team leaders, please co-ordinate with those below to setup teams. It would be best to get as many people playing as possible. The aim is for the entire community to have a good time.
    If you would like to be added to this list, simply post your steam community URL below indicating you need a team.

Brackets
    Brackets will be posted within 24 hours of the tournament date. Currently the page is setup as round robin but it will change to brackets if more than 6 teams sign up.
    Please excuse me for any errors in hosting this tournament.
    Thread may change, keep an eye on the thread and the steam group for important updates. I got this thread up ASAP to give teams to sign up and decide on a better date if needed.
    Last edited by Abubakr; 12-11-2013 at 12:00 AM.

I know there is still a lot of time left but it'd be best if teams could register early so we can coordinate it properly.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 383

i'll talk to my friends and see if we can't bring some terrible playing to the table.

I'm trying a new platform for registration and brackets this time. For this reason, you must join the steam group to setup matches as I will not be posting steam community links to your profiles as they are not mandatory anymore. The steam groups chat room will be used for setting up matches.

If there are any problems with this new platform or if you'd rather not make an account, simply let me know your team name and captain and I can manually sign you up. However, I'd prefer to use the sign up link above.

No sign ups thus far, at this rate I will have to cancel.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 62

So many rules. I'm too lazy to even read them all.

NEW WORLD ORDER

YOU'VE COME TO TAKE CONTROL

WE ALL SHALL BE FREE!

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    No sign ups thus far, at this rate I will have to cancel.
    Make an LoL 1vs1 Tournament

And ban Candy from it.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

I need a team. http://steamcommunity.com/id/marcipaanz/
    Also, if anyone can join then why not advertise on /r/dota2?
    Last edited by marcipaans; 12-10-2013 at 07:10 PM.

General Manager Reputation: 484

Never noticed this getting posted. We'll share the news on the homepages and social networks.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Blade & Soul
    History: Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    If you dont mind someone in your team that has no clue how Dota works i can join

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    If you dont mind someone in your team that has no clue how Dota works i can join
    Outside this tournament, sure.

Otherwise, no thanks

I would prefer to have people with at least some basic knowledge of the game for the tournament.

Outside this tournament, sure.

Otherwise, no thanks

I would prefer to have people with at least some basic knowledge of the game for the tournament.
    Well, i know how to move around and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by OooRangee View Post
    Well, i know how to move around and stuff.
    Maybe for the next tournament if you actually start playing Dota 2 on a regular basis

I've tried that already, no luck so far.

Also, date has been changed to Sunday instead of Saturday due to conflict with another tournament. Once again, the time can still change to accommodate as many people as possible.