Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aura Kingdom? Founder Beta?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 110

Default Aura Kingdom? Founder Beta?

I mean, ugh.. really? just FOUNDER BETA?

DrHime |MsNakita
    SD Gundam - League of Legends (PH) - Grand Chase

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Founders beta, formerly known as closed beta.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

Don't think anyone wants to play that shitty game anyways..

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 29

The founders pack is such a stupid move by aeria.. especially on a game like Aura Kingdom is by a company they have released games for a few times already without the use of founders packs.

I will still play it and hopefully enjoy it but founders packs are such a waste of money especially if you plan to pay almost 300 dollars for the best founders pack.

I guess it's a growing trend since it worked well for pwe.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 76

all Aeria games are dead atm,last chaos is close to shut down,shaiya too,aeria was popular 2007=2010

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by Senseos View Post
    all Aeria games are dead atm,last chaos is close to shut down,shaiya too,aeria was popular 2007=2010
    My daughter was just playing EE last night and the server was full of players.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 53

There is plenty of paying betas these days, so Aeria thought they could do it too for their average games. I remember the time when betas were actually betas and not a pay to early access crap >_<

RIP Xfire

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Not all their games are dead actually, DWO is still fairly active, even though it only gets like one freaking weapon update practically a year. It's population is small sure but still active. Plus they got that Fear Online game, which I was in the alpha for, and its actually kinda fun.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Honestly i was waiting on this game for so long...but those prices mannnn?????!!!! WTF with the economic situation iono what the hell they are thinking
    I mean... i did bought founders pack for Raiderz and Neverwinter but at least they worth the cash, was not a too high price and the items received worth it seen both games was steady for long term. But what the hell is offering Aeria for 50$ just a title and a pet and some useless fashion? Are they THAT GREEDY?
    The worst thing is people already bought bunch of them so yeah... Seems that what is in those packs will not be available on game in any other way.
    I'm bummed, darn it... Yesterday i tried to go back to Nevrrwinter but i just can't... Tera became boring and i'm really out of games and dunno what to play. Ugh!

General Manager Reputation: 526

Game over Aeris. That's a bummer.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Stardew Valley
    History:Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Game over Aeris. That's a bummer.
    man i still hope to get a key when this founder crap ends lol...though i was sooo darn close to get tempted and buy that useles 20 bucks pack >_>

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Silly Aeria, it isn't April yet.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    man i still hope to get a key when this founder crap ends lol...though i was sooo darn close to get tempted and buy that useles 20 bucks pack >_>
    Very worried about this game being pay to win....I mean really their diamond pack gives you some lvl 20 stat boosting items...i know you guys remmeber what happend when dragon saga (IAH) tried this lol

General Manager Reputation: 526

I'm flying up to their HQ on Thursday to play the localized version. I'll see if I can sneak into their cash shop and get the scoop on what pricing looks like. Hopefully they've implemented some of it.

edit: Just saw the pricing page where they cross through even higher prices to make it look like they're offering you a steal. Aeria's marketing team must have taken lessons from Billy Mays.
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 12-03-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Stardew Valley
    History:Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

I have to paste this here... Copy from Aura forums, man this would be hilarious if would not be so sad that makes me angry lol. Practicaly they ripp people's money off for items that doesn't even worth the cash... SMH!

Supply Pack
    $19.00
    Early Access and Reserve your Character Name
    Just wait for the CBT or Stress Test, not much of a difference. Pick a unique name for your character and you don't have to worry about reserving it.
    400 - Loyalty Points
    Can be obtained in-game within a day. (for FREE)
    10 - Advanced Weapon Upgrade Scroll
    10 scrolls might not even bring you to +15.
    20 - Advanced Armor Upgrade Scroll
    There are 5 pieces of armors to be upgraded. 20 is not enough.
    1 - Panther Eidolon Broken Key
    Panther is most likely a reskined version of Tigerius Caesar (similar skills/effects/look) and since it is an exclusive Eidolon, I highly doubt that you can get it free in-game. In other words, the most likely only way to get the other 9 broken key is through cash shop boxes. (More money wasted)

Gold Pack
    $49.00
    1000 - Loyalty Points
    1 - Legendary Ring
    You can reach LV50 or even LV55 within a day. LV20 ring is useless.
    1 - Legendary Necklace
    You can reach LV50 or even LV55 within a day. LV15 necklace is useless.
    1 - In-Game Founder's Hat
    There are better looking permanent head costumes in-game that can be obtained for free. These free head costumes also gives you additional stats.
    1 - In-game Founder Title
    There are many interesting (looking/sounding) titles in Aura Kingdom, you sure you are just gonna wear this on your head?
    1 Month in the Monthly Costume Membership
    Costumes can be obtained in-game easily for free. If you're lucky, you can get orange costumes that gives additional stats.
    1 - In-game Kero Pet
    Useless. The pet disappear after an hour and you have to constantly resummon it. It also does not give you any benefit.

Platinum Pack
    $159.00
    3200 - Loyalty Points
    Can be obtained in-game in 1-2 days. (for FREE)
    2 Months in the Monthly Costume Membership
    Costumes can be obtained in-game easily for free. If you're lucky, you can get orange costumes that gives additional stats.
    1 - Ethereal Wolf Mount
    Judging by the looks of the mount, it should be a 90% Movement Speed mount. However, after clearing the main quest line, you will be using the portal and party teleport for like 95% of the time with the remaining 4~5% of the time gliding.

Diamond Pack
    $299.00
    6500 - Loyalty Points
    Can be obtained in-game in 5 days. (for FREE)
    3 Months in the Monthly Costume Membership
    2 Additional Character Slots
    You might be able to unlock additional character slots when a new class is released.
    1 Forum Title
    Congratulation.
    1 Exclusive Panther Eidolon
    Panther is most likely a reskined version of Tigerius Caesar (similar skills/effects/look).

Meh....imma gonna wait the facebook event...if ever at this point

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 5

I have to paste this here... Copy from Aura forums, man this would be hilarious if would not be so sad that makes me angry lol. Practicaly they ripp people's money off for items that doesn't even worth the cash... SMH!

Supply Pack
    $19.00
    Early Access and Reserve your Character Name
    Just wait for the CBT or Stress Test, not much of a difference. Pick a unique name for your character and you don't have to worry about reserving it.
    400 - Loyalty Points
    10 - Advanced Weapon Upgrade Scroll
    10 scrolls might not even bring you to +15.
    20 - Advanced Armor Upgrade Scroll
    There are 5 pieces of armors to be upgraded. 20 is not enough.
    1 - Panther Eidolon Broken Key
    Panther is most likely a reskined version of Tigerius Caesar (similar skills/effects/look) and since it is an exclusive Eidolon, I highly doubt that you can get it free in-game. In other words, the most likely only way to get the other 9 broken key is through cash shop boxes. (More money wasted)

Gold Pack
    $49.00
    1000 - Loyalty Points
    1 - Legendary Ring
    You can reach LV50 or even LV55 within a day. LV20 ring is useless.
    1 - Legendary Necklace
    You can reach LV50 or even LV55 within a day. LV15 necklace is useless.
    1 - In-Game Founder's Hat
    There are better looking permanent head costumes in-game that can be obtained for free. These free head costumes also gives you additional stats.
    1 - In-game Founder Title
    There are many interesting (looking/sounding) titles in Aura Kingdom, you sure you are just gonna wear this on your head?
    1 Month in the Monthly Costume Membership
    1 - In-game Kero Pet
    Useless. The pet disappear after an hour and you have to constantly resummon it. It also does not give you any benefit.

Platinum Pack
    $159.00
    3200 - Loyalty Points
    Can be obtained in-game in 1-2 days. (for FREE)
    2 Months in the Monthly Costume Membership
    1 - Ethereal Wolf Mount
    Judging by the looks of the mount, it should be a 90% Movement Speed mount. However, after clearing the main quest line, you will be using the portal and party teleport for like 95% of the time with the remaining 4~5% of the time gliding.

Diamond Pack
    $299.00
    6500 - Loyalty Points
    Can be obtained in-game in 5 days. (for FREE)
    3 Months in the Monthly Costume Membership
    2 Additional Character Slots
    You might be able to unlock additional character slots when a new class is released.
    1 Forum Title
    Congratulation.
    1 Exclusive Panther Eidolon
    Panther is most likely a reskined version of Tigerius Caesar (similar skills/effects/look).

Meh....imma gonna wait the facebook event...if ever at this point
    So this probably wasn't your intention, but based on the red text Aeria is coming off as being pretty reasonable for non-CS users. These packs sound like a stupid tax, and that doesn't really affect the majority of us since they're entirely optional.
    Last edited by ZeroleTheUntamed; 12-04-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroleTheUntamed View Post
    So this probably wasn't your intention, but based on the red text Aeria is coming off as being pretty reasonable for non-CS users. These packs sound a stupid tax, and that doesn't really affect the majority of us since they're entirely optional.
    The fact is, they say that panther and those unique items, like ring/necklace and so on worth the cash, but is not. I'm affraid they will go rocket-sky with the cash shop price after launch to justify the Founder pack's rip off, as people sais happened on Scarlet Blade; they tax for one single fasion 1000$ which is insane!

The fact is, they say that panther and those unique items, like ring/necklace and so on worth the cash, but is not. I'm affraid they will go rocket-sky with the cash shop price after launch to justify the Founder pack's rip off, as people sais happened on Scarlet Blade; they tax for one single fasion 1000$ which is insane!
    That's a flawed argument from the very beginning because these are all virtual items, how in the world can you attribute a real world monetary cost to what happens in a game world? The money you spend in the CS can make you the most powerful character EVAR in the game world, but that has no direct effect on your real world currency. It all comes down to convenience and all of us differ in what we consider "worth" the cash.

Mind you, I don't think I've ever used a Cash Shop in any game I've bought.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroleTheUntamed View Post
    That's a flawed argument from the very beginning because these are all virtual items, how in the world can you attribute a real world monetary cost to what happens in a game world? The money you spend in the CS can make you the most powerful character EVAR in the game world, but that has no direct effect on your real world currency. It all comes down to convenience and all of us differ in what we consider "worth" the cash.

Mind you, I don't think I've ever used a Cash Shop in any game I've bought.
    you would think twice before assuming the fashion doesn't have importance and is just cosmetic. They posted on FAQ the fashion will have stats on them. Real cash buy virtual items that gives you advantage in game. Where's the flaw?

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

What are loyalty points? This would only be a good deal if you got the value in aeria points on top of the perks.

you would think twice before assuming the fashion doesn't have importance and is just cosmetic. They posted on FAQ the fashion will have stats on them. Real cash buy virtual items that gives you advantage in game. Where's the flaw?
    Yes, an advantage in a GAME. So as I saying, how are you can determine how much real world cash that advantage is worth? What, 5 STR = $1? That's the point, you can't argue worth because from the very beginning the whole basis is relative.

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Founders beta, formerly known as closed beta.
    Nope, Founders Beta is basically an "Alpha" even though X-Legend games never have those in Western Markets usually. CBT happens a week or two after Founders beta starts, then Open Beta after that.

Costumes drop from bosses by the way. Loyalty Points are only gotten via side-quests, not idling about the server. Costumes can also be slotted with even more stats. The best costume currently in TW stat-wise is 1% all stats. Pets don't give any stats this time even though Eden Eternal's pets did.

it's too bad really. Lime Odyssey is going to come out after a lot of MMOs have switched to DX11....

Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Unless they changed how it works, you get a free mount as you level. You can upgrade your weapons without paying money and, unlike a lot of games, you are guaranteed success if you fail enough. There really is nothing on the cash shop that is required for this game.

Access to closed beta is free, by the way. Everyone gets wiped at the same time. Only thing being a founder does is reserve your name in open beta.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyeon View Post
    I mean, ugh.. really? just FOUNDER BETA?
    The gif in your sig perfectly sums this up, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Geee i found a temporary solution to this lack of game AND to play Aura K w/o paying that shitpack
    Playing HK version lol...no need of email, no need of vpn, no need of an id card...awesome