Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aura Kingdom? Founder Beta?

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 10

I understand companies wanna make money with F2P MMORPG's but what Aeria Games does is just too much. I mean what the hell they want to make money off a game that isn't even released yet and they make this pathetic Diamond Founder Pack for like $210? I mean WTF I already stopped thinking about ever playing this game. It's just the things Aeria Games does. A collector's edition for $70 I understand but a founders pack? I mean come on. First make a good game THEN you can start selling some gimmicks

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    I understand companies wanna make money with F2P MMORPG's but what Aeria Games does is just too much. I mean what the hell they want to make money off a game that isn't even released yet and they make this pathetic Diamond Founder Pack for like $210? I mean WTF I already stopped thinking about ever playing this game. It's just the things Aeria Games does. A collector's edition for $70 I understand but a founders pack? I mean come on. First make a good game THEN you can start selling some gimmicks
    ehrr....you mean 299$

General Manager Reputation: 559

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Snip
    That red text. Boy that kills any motivation to buy any packs. I think I'll just steal a pack of the playing cards while I'm in their HQ
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    That red text. Boy that kills any motivation to buy any packs. I think I'll just steal a pack of the playing cards while I'm in their HQ
    Hack into their system and make the prices something reasonable.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

Founder programs on a game that has already been made is such a stupid concept, i can kind of understand it on games in development with kickstarter and PoE ect, but a game that's already been made and already been translated/mostly translated? now its just a grab for money.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1526 View Post
    Founder programs on a game that has already been made is such a stupid concept, i can kind of understand it on games in development with kickstarter and PoE ect, but a game that's already been made and already been translated/mostly translated? now its just a grab for money.
    Yeah agreed I don't understand why they would go with a founders program it's obviously a gimmick to get money out of users. Aeria always did good cbt->obt straight forward releases now they have this crap just to suck money out of those players who have no patience.

Anyway founders or no founders i'll still play the game but hope these founders packs don't become a habit of Aeria.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 51

Aeria is ripping our butts off with overprice packs since we know shet about the game.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

150 for the MIDDLE Pack? ROFL. Fail game, overpriced packs, awful publisher...

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Sharki3ait View Post
    150 for the MIDDLE Pack? ROFL. Fail game, overpriced packs, awful publisher...
    You could do a *lot* worse than Aeria, honestly. Nexon and the now defunct Outspark?

But yeah. I'm a sucker for cute, and even I won't pay $50 for a purple pet. I'm gonna stay clear of these packs and just wait until open beta. Got better to do with my money this December than spend it on this. Like Christmas presents.

I was playing for the last 4 hours to FF Hong kong version and now i'm so darn glad i did not bought any pack those thieves are selling to the people. Game is soooo cheasy that will bore heck out of people so soon that they will regret to have bought even the smallest pack.
    Practically there is no challenge, at least not till lvl 20 where i'm right now. The only good thing are the awesome grafics, rest is kinda trash. The game is bland, autoroute for everything, automount while routing, quest asking kill 4 of these or collect 3 of these, and killing isn't even dangerous at least. Leveling is so so fast that i have no idea what i've done in 3 hours. Probably with an english patch would be even faster cos i took hella my time to explore. On the server i play i encountered only 3 people and they were from brasil. No chinese people around, felt alone as heck. Pet is gained at lvl 6 or so and what are they selling on those packs is practically useles. mount is gained at lvl 4 if i'm not mistaken. Fashion is droped so often to make you be undecided what to wear to look best.
    Probably i'll try to lvl some more but now i'm sure i'm not gonna bother anymore with this game in the future.
    If anyone wants to play just ask, i can send you guide how to dl and register...is very very easy.
    Gee i'm so disappointed, i was waiting on this game :/

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I was playing for the last 4 hours to FF Hong kong version and now i'm so darn glad i did not bought any pack those thieves are selling to the people.
    Eidolon is level 10 I think? Either way, leveling is deliberately meant to not be "challenging". There is an important distinction between challenge and tedium. Monsters having 10 billion HP is tedious, requiring you to time skills and dodge is challenging. The only game I've played with an option of challenging leveling has been TERA (pre-nerf BAMs).

I'm mid 40s on aura kingdom and monsters I kill while leveling are still trivial. I one shot them. Elites I can one shot if I crit on my eidolon ultimate. I don't think that's really a bad thing.

Bosses in dungeons can actually put up a fight, you should try one as I believe the first dungeon is at your level (20). I've only done 20 and 30 dungeon but 30 was harder than 20, so I imagine they get harder as you go. From what people have said, endgame PvE actually is rough.

And the game is empty because you can hit level 40+ in a day and you are in low level zones. You see progressively more people as you advance.
    Last edited by Enct; 12-06-2013 at 12:45 AM.

I was playing for the last 4 hours to FF Hong kong version and now i'm so darn glad i did not bought any pack those thieves are selling to the people. Game is soooo cheasy that will bore heck out of people so soon that they will regret to have bought even the smallest pack.
    Practically there is no challenge, at least not till lvl 20 where i'm right now. The only good thing are the awesome grafics, rest is kinda trash. The game is bland, autoroute for everything, automount while routing, quest asking kill 4 of these or collect 3 of these, and killing isn't even dangerous at least. Leveling is so so fast that i have no idea what i've done in 3 hours. Probably with an english patch would be even faster cos i took hella my time to explore. On the server i play i encountered only 3 people and they were from brasil. No chinese people around, felt alone as heck. Pet is gained at lvl 6 or so and what are they selling on those packs is practically useles. mount is gained at lvl 4 if i'm not mistaken. Fashion is droped so often to make you be undecided what to wear to look best.
    Probably i'll try to lvl some more but now i'm sure i'm not gonna bother anymore with this game in the future.
    If anyone wants to play just ask, i can send you guide how to dl and register...is very very easy.
    Gee i'm so disappointed, i was waiting on this game :/
    Have you played any other x-legend titles? All there games are very similiar and leveling is very mindless and mobs die in a few hits all the time. They do this to make leveling as easy as possible for anyone to do it, Aura actually seems to take it to a new level tho with ease.

They wan't to suck people into the game and make them get into endgame content so they can enjoy the endgame content and hopefully have user's spend money on the game.

Doesn't bother me too much tho I'm used to their games and don't mind having an easier time of making end game content seeing I'm more of a casual player.

Maybe wait for Lime odyssey as it might be a bit more challenging

General Manager Reputation: 559

Game I played today doesn't seem to match up with what I'm reading a lot of people say in this thread.

The westernized version apparently has a difficulty patch implemented to raise the challenge. How do I know?

Executive Producer of Aeria PC market: "Is the difficulty patch implemented?"
    Aeria PR Manager: "Yup."

That said if you collect a ton of titles and get epic gear, you'll still feel like a god in PvE. I'm sure the real shocking challenge will come with the end-game PvP when gods clash but that's very much a work in progress. All in all I'm calling it a solid title that might be getting launched a little too early in development. Give it 6 months and it will be Aeria's best games. Though the thought of playing a version of it from 4 months ago in Taiwan makes me understand how it could give people a bad impression.

On that note I'm getting a batch of beta keys at the end of the year so people who want to check it out and not buy into the founders packs can just sit tight till then. Just don't tell Aeria I told you this
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 12-06-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Game I played today doesn't seem to match up with what I'm reading a lot of people say in this thread.

The westernized version apparently has a difficulty patch implemented to raise the challenge. How do I know?

That said if you collect a ton of titles and get epic gear, you'll still feel like a god in PvE. I'm sure the real shocking challenge will come with the end-game PvP when gods clash but that's very much a work in progress. All in all I'm calling it a solid title that might be getting launched a little too early in development. Give it 6 months and it will be Aeria's best games. Though the thought of playing a version of it from 4 months ago in Taiwan makes me understand how it could give people a bad impression.
    Thanks for the inside tips dizzy

From some videos of saw of that tower raid it looks pretty full on and challenging aswell.

Also do you think it will out perform Lime when it comes out? I've been looking forward to Lime for so long now, seeing I'm a big Ragnarok fan and the game has a feel of holic which is another game I played for years and loved.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

Nice, hopefully within the month I get this a try.

Difficulty patch sounds fun too
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

Quote Originally Posted by Technikal View Post
    Have you played any other x-legend titles?
    I played Eden Eternal, though didn't felt THAT easy, nor that cheesy. Maybe at higher levels will be different as other ppl said but for lower levels is just a no-no for me. Probably endgame doing raids can be different but at the lvl i am, after doing the first couple of dungeons i can't find the attractive on this game. Maybe i was too hyped? dunno..

I do hope so, Dizzy, cos i sure didn't liked at all "autoroute-tab-1shotkillmob-tab-oneshot..-autoroute-completequest-autoroute next quest - 2 quests 1lvlup..etc" For me after playing so many years of Tera (even after the nerf) is way too dissapointing. But hey, maybe is just me and probably the majority would like it.

I remember when Tera was going to nerf the difficulty and everbody was in an uproar. Honestly, most of these games have pretty mediocre early/mid game stories, I'd prefer difficulty in the form of interesting mechanics rather just buffing hp/def/dmg of mobs.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

And hopefully by difficulty changed they mean something more than me keeping an eye on my buff icons in the right hand corner, waiting for the boss to toss a "reflect" debuff on me so i get to stop attacking for 3 seconds before i can start up again.
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Video Interview that Dizzy did (Which he did a hell of a job on as always, getting better at it.) although I can't say I'm all that excited for it mainly because even with the changes I played in the foreign one it wasn't any more fun for me.

Despite the negative things I've said about the game before the founder beta started, I've seen some things that have really changed my mind. I am debating buying the $50 pack...

Despite the negative things I've said about the game before the founder beta started, I've seen some things that have really changed my mind. I am debating buying the $50 pack...
    Because of the added extra's you obtain? Wouldn't it be better to just wait for cbt which is in a few days and buy those items in the cash shop, I'm sure the pet and mount would probably be cheaper that way :o

Looking forward to cbt next week.. Been watching a few reviews etc and looks pretty fun, been hanging for a decent anime game for a while now.

I agree with Technikal, you're better off saving your money and just buying Aeria points and waiting a week for CB.

I want that hat ;3

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

I'll be checking this game out later tonight or tomorrow if anyone would like to start with me. What is everyone's opinions on it so far?
    Currently Playing: Paladins, Fallout 4 Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    I'll be checking this game out later tonight or tomorrow if anyone would like to start with me. What is everyone's opinions on it so far?
    Played for a good four hours today, took it slow to appreciate it (no rush in cbt before the wipe for me), got to level 14. I absolutely love it so far. The combat and quests may be a bit generic, but the style of the game is so beautiful that it really makes up for the base systems imo. The autopathing isn't bad at all, it only moves you to your objective, doesn't go and quest for you. The combat's generic but fluid and has great effects, the systems in place are pretty amazing. You can see earlier in this thread that I was NOT looking forward to this game. But a friend told me to get a pack, i did, and now look at how I've changed. It's great.