Thread: SWTOR Galactic Starfighter Is Pretty Fun!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Default SWTOR Galactic Starfighter Is Pretty Fun!

Ok, sure, it's not top of the line flight combat, but for an additional layer of content, it's very welcome in my eyes. The loadout customization is pretty cool and the fact that your companions can play a role is also nice, even if their part is not major. Anyone else playing who enjoys the SWTOR Galactic Starfighter expansion?

For more details on this expansion, head over to their website!
    http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 129

Looks cool. SWTOR continues to add really interesting content, but I'm still apprehensive about coming back. I don't want to bother with being a free player.

I feel like sometime next year I'll come back to it. I never disliked it. It was just barren and rushed when it first came out.
    (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆♬♪♫☆**.♪☆

General Manager Reputation: 526

It's fantastic and fun. Easy to learn with a high skill cap that really rewards you for knowing your maneuvers and team formations. I'm not even a fan of SWTOR but I'd play it just to play this mode.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

this is the only game i was never tempted to play.... tho i was a big fan of EVE online, (played for 1 year) and CoH, played soon after EVE till servers closed. I should like it...but i don't.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

Meh i really can't bring my self to lower standards for this game, SWG was a infinitely better game, my inner fanboy has been spoiled.

That being said if people do enjoy swtor then good on them, i'm glad they found a game they enjoy and can stick to.

Man, this game mode is great! I bought the second scout that costs in-game currency and modified it to act like the original scout but with better weapons and I'm just owning face left and right...

My current setup:

Results:

General Manager Reputation: 526

Yea anyone judging this game based on their experience with SWTOR is missing out. It's an entirely separate title built within the existing title. Glad you're enjoying it Jin.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Yea anyone judging this game based on their experience with SWTOR is missing out. It's an entirely separate title built within the existing title. Glad you're enjoying it Jin.
    With that said, for those who have played space missions on SWTOR, this is NOTHING like that! So yeah... You guys should try it out!

Spyros Burning Cough Reputation: 10

I do miss Swtor. Was the co-leader of a guild with my irl bud, and we net server firsts left and right on our server with our guild. Felt good y'no. This looks pretty enjoyable, but without my bud I doubt I'll be able to get back into the game.

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Haven't tried out the Starfighter content yet, but I got back into this game a couple weeks ago and HOLY DAMN. It's leaps and bounds ahead of what it was at launch. That said, without a sub the game can be borderline unplayable based on your personal tastes.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.