Thinking about upgrading my rig, need some advice though.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Default Thinking about upgrading my rig, need some advice though.

Hey guys,

So Christmas is coming up and I'm considering upgrading my GTX 650 into something a bit more stronger to run newer games more smoothly on higher settings, though I have a couple of concerns that I wanted to address.

This'll be my first time replacing the video card (should I choose to go through with this), so I just wanted the advice and pointers from people who've been doing this for quite some time. The rig I'm currently running is a iBUYPOWER pc I bought a year back (LINK), and I'm a bit worried about whether or not the power supply is a bit on the low side for the newer cards out there. Also for anyone else with this desktop, I was wondering if space was an issue for you. Will fitting bigger cards be a problem or is the spacing good?

In the end I'm considering on buying the GTX 760 on newegg, does it seem like a good buy for the price? I'm looking for something under $300 right now.

Natalia-chan! My waifu! Reputation: 550

You'd best be off with another PSU indeed. The problem is, it will not fit within your budget if you consider a GTX760. It'll be about 60USD short for a truly good PSU...

Space won't be an issue by the way.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

How difficult would swapping out a PSU be? Hopefully there'll be christmas sales on hardware so I can knock two birds with one stone. ;P