Personality

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 134

Heartyace, I have a really long story that you might find interesting. If it's too long, just skip to the bolded part.

ramblerambleramble about irrelevant part of story, because I clearly was not thinking straight.

So how's he fixing his problem? He cut out everyone he possibly could from his life, so he wouldn't have to deal with his old, 'fake' personality. (Really intense, and I personally wouldn't do this, but whatever). Now, his only goal in life is to be happy. He stopped trying to force himself to make friendships. He stopped thinking so negatively about others. He started smiling more, and doing other small things to make his day better. Now it's become a part of his personality. It got to the point where making other people happy made him happy, and now he's finally letting people in. Last I heard of him, he's finally got a small group of friends that care about him, and most importantly, he's happy with himself.

Of course, this is just one man's story.

EDIT: Wow, wtf, did I just type all of that up? I should get better sleep..
    Last edited by Kamilla; 12-06-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Everyone goes through this OP. Some more than others. A daily change is pretty bizarre, rad that you figured things out now though. But don't feel too bad or have regrets, everyone has to try some stuff out before something works.

I never had much trouble honestly. I've always had one crew of tight friends, and they've always put up with any angsty bullshit I wanted to pull. They've always accepted me, so I never really felt a need to fit in and change myself for my friends. That left me more able to be who I am. I'm sure helped, because it really stopped me from giving a **** and I felt alright being comfortable in my skin. You guys know me here...I've matured over the years, but haven't changed all THAT much. I am who I am. If you met me in real life, I'm almost exactly how I am here. I don't really lie. I'm a bit more shy in person, but once I know you, Oister is Oister.

But yes, clarity is a beautiful feeling.

Edit: Reading this thread really makes me feel lucky for the friendships I have. I've taken them for granted...I always assumed everyone had at least one or two good friends. Gonna go hug my bros, and then probably get beaten up for it. Worth it.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 384

MOST people develop themselves in high school. That's why it's said H.S will either make you or break you.

I personally believe that we never really "find" ourselves. But rather, as time goes by, we refine who we are and how we exist. Life is just one big continual learning experience. We find a niche that fits us then roll with it. Like a snowball almost. A good example of this can be based off your forum posts.

Me personally, I've matured since H.S, but I'm still the same person. You'll mature throughout life but you'll always have those roots from which you grew.. the stronger the roots the stronger the tree.

But there's so many things to factor in: environment, goals, motivations, experiences..etc.
    Last edited by TreyTrey12; 12-06-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilla View Post
    I didn't find it too interesting, but I understand the concept. I don't exactly find any relate able things with that story, the guy pushes people away because they didn't meet his standards. He eventually got his happy ending for some reason though. I don't like how that ended either, it makes no sense. Why would I want to change myself to make other people happy. I wouldn't. That's still meeting other peoples expectations. You're essentially doing what you wanted other people to do for you, if that the person you wanna be. Above that, my issue was I didn't really understand myself.=So I didn't want to grow in to a relationship (Causing it to shape me) and later I'd just drop it hurting the people I once called friends.
    My former crush/girlfriend (Whatever you wanna call it) kind of drifted apart and I didn't want to be selfish by talking to her regardless of what she wanted. That guy yet again did something to please others, that girl didn't change him, nor was his problems fixed he just didn't notice them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Edit: Reading this thread really makes me feel lucky for the friendships I have. I've taken them for granted...I always assumed everyone had at least one or two good friends. Gonna go hug my bros, and then probably get beaten up for it. Worth it.
    Bros can hug, as long as they end off/start the action with the word "Bro/Man"

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    I believe in acceptance, that you'll eventually come to realise what you are, and accept yourself for it. Once that starts to happen, you'll be able to accept others. Kind of cliche I guess, but it's the experience I went through. I don't "want" to believe in people changing, I feel like that's a selfish task and one that will lead to discomfort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 134

Yeah, I realized that I wrote a lot that was beside the main point (this is what happens when you get very little sleep 'cause of some idiot, and then you try to reply to something early in the morning, and now I'm rambling again so I'll stop :x). The main point being, do things to make yourself happy.
    He ended up finding 'happiness' in making others happy, which is why he started making others happy. It's kinda like he gets a high off of making others happy, idk.

I was actually going to delete that post, or edit it out a few hours ago after realizing how it was just me rambling like a bitter kid, but then my boss came by so I closed the window and never got to finish editing it. lolol

Also, have I figured out who I am? Nope. I'm comfortable with who I am right now though. I don't think 'who we are' is something that's set in stone. We're always changing. Somewhere along the way, I've learned to embrace the change. Feels good.
    Last edited by Kamilla; 12-06-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    Bros can hug, as long as they end off/start the action with the word "Bro/Man"
    I'll still get beat up, but its OK. We beat each other up sometimes haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12