Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm probably getting fired today

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 448

Default I'm probably getting fired today

So I'm probably getting fired today.
    Apparently there's an "investigation" going on from the night of black Thursday of an associate who possibly accepted money from a costumer to get a place in line.. Apparently they think I'm the alleged associate that was doing the transaction.

Like really? I was in the least dense crowded portion of the store that day (rear bathrooms/hiring kiosk area) and I in no way shape or form received any type of money. I have a photographic memory and I walked them through my entire day. From the time I went at 8 to time I left at 8 pm, but They kept saying there were others that are being investigated however they kept pointing it to me being "that associate". Apparently it's serious cause I was being damn near interrogated by an HR member, store manager and the marketing dude.

Smh I know how these stories go anyways, I'm innocent but I'll end up losing my job anyways somehow. It's tragic. I followed every policy including the "never point, but take them" rule we tend to forget after a few weeks of working..I even made myself look like an A hole when I'm obviously defending a store policy and a manager just says "let them do it anyways"..

I can't believe this.

General Manager Reputation: 526

Retail companies have no souls these days. Talk about a costly waste of trained human labor just to save face in front of a single cust****. Bad management if you ask me.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Stardew Valley
    History:Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Banned Reputation: 302

That's awful. I've never worked in retail, so I have no idea the type of shit you go through, but I hear shitty stories all the time. I'm sorry you're going through that. I hope everything works out for you.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257

Skin color bias too overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Skin color bias too overpowered.
    This. Apparently I "match" the description. Yet, I Keep asking for video footage but they're saying it's "word of mouth".

Retired Staff Reputation: 714

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    This. Apparently I "match" the description. Yet, I Keep asking for video footage but they're saying it's "word of mouth".
    Lawsuit~~
    lol...

Good luck with your case. ><

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640

"The office" level shit... It should be pretty easy for them to find out if the story checks out or not, what a bunch of wankers.

Sorry man.

Stay frosty.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 248

Word of mouth.. can they really fire you like that? I wouldn't know, but man, that sucks. Good luck with everything.

in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151

Arrange a Big Dirty and retire from crime IMO.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204

War-Mart probably won't fire an employee without proof.
    Just contact your district manager.

If you get fired. Sue them.

TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 762

sorry to hear that man, sounds like some major bullshit yr going through

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 51

Thats some batshit piling up there man. Do whatever you can but dont resort to force or physical attacks.

Hope stuff goes well there.

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

I would just quit, honestly. Either way, even if you're found not to be the one and they apologize. If I got that shit while I worked at Target, I wouldn't take it. Luckily, it seemed like everyone at my store generally had their head completely out of their ass (which, from visiting the "Back Room" target employee forums, is something is quite uncommon... or it might just be a case of the "negative has the loudest voice").
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 92

You should just keep telling the truth. If they fire you, there's not a lot you can really do about it.

I wouldn't throw the race card. It just looks bad.

in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    War-Mart probably won't fire an employee without proof.
    I have a friend who got fired from Walmart for stealing. They said he was taking stuff out the back door and that they had video evidence. He was just a kid and let his arrogance get the best of him, so he told them to **** off and just left. They never let him see the video.

I believe he was in the right, because he told me this years later. He also told me "thats the only job that I wasn't robbing blind".

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 200

I've heard too many retail stories where everyone you work with ****ing lies and turns on you for no ****ing reason.. wow.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422

damn treytrey maan this just sux i hate when such things happens its always because others don't have balls and push all the fault on other people i know the feeling because people used to push everything on me at my work place ... because i knew only a little of the language they spoke in and i was new in this country and that place ... i somehow managed to hold out and when i learned everything perfect and the language to ... someone tried to push all the fault on me for destroying 2 items which are worth up to 15k ... euro in which case we were 5 people there ... and well they tried pushing it all on me i went to the office and i was like ''okey now I was there when that happened'' ... ''But please you girly guys with no balls can't even admit to something you did to'' and without raging i just admitted that i was there i pointed out to other 4 that were there i came up to each one of them and said ''No balls right now ? you should learn to respect other people'' i went out of office my boss that was not present at that day came out of the office laughing and told me great job and well somehow they started to respect me a bit more plus our company did not need to pay the 15k ... so it all ended up well

But yes it sux man treytrey i can tell you HOLD UP ! and don't let them walk on your head... thought sometimes you must do that if you want to live.
    Last edited by poeticas; 12-07-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204

So. Did you get fired?

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 22

Lol dont worry i got fired today myself haha

because i got kicked out an had no way to work so they said that was a unreasonable excuse so they let me go

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

Tupac Shakur

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

...well...good luck. I hope you get a new job with better management.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'm sorry this happened to you. Gotta love the "word of mouth" policy a lot of these companies use. I will be getting fired as well, as I requested time off to go see my grandmother - it's basically her last Christmas before she dies - and it is a nine hour road trip for me. I requested off five days so I could go spend time with her and stuff but they scheduled me anyways. I'm obviously going, my grandmother and I are quite close and I don't want to regret not spending time with her. Oh well.

So today I'm informed I'm no longer under investigation as they've reviewed the footage and it shows that I had not participated in any type of costumer interaction outside of company policy that day.

Coincidentally, I ran into one of the costumers that was there today, I asked him about the "associate" which described me as the person who did accepted the transaction. For privacy matters I won't say his name, but the person who he told me that did so wasn't even remotely close to the area I was at. In fact this person was actually in the health and beauty area.

Why someone would go out of their way, I guess to feel important, to lie on another individual is beyond me. But I interact with them daily and they've officially lost all respect from me.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328

people who create workplace drama are scum. as if everyone doesn't have a hard enough time working a boring, stressful job, they have to go making it harder.

yay for not getting fired, though

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

Oh good, you weren't fired.
    Though I don't know any of those people but based on what you said they do seem like they don't deserve respect.

Just keep true I guess...

Banned Reputation: 302

Glad you're not fired!