Understanding what a stress test is...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Default Understanding what a stress test is...

When I was in the stress test of Wildstar last night, it kept on crashing/freezing at the log-in screen, character screen, and load screen. While it would freeze or crash, I would Alt+Tab to the beta forums. I came across a few threads and facepalmed...

So, this is most horrible stress test i saw in my life.

How little effort developers put in, when most people cant even log in in game world for 1 hour.

It pathetic to see such bad preparations for test

Nobody think about people, who stay all night just to help clean game bugs and check servers balance.
    And this one:
    So ya i was playing the stress test when... oh wait no i wasn't playing the stress test because carbines servers are terrible they reaaallllllyyyyy need to fix this
    There were a few more like these.

Which brings me to wonder. How many of you know what a stress test is for? Apparently not these people.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 181

Don't the emails include the information what the Stress Test is and what is it for?

Olpah's Object Reputation: 17

LOL those made me shit my pants hahah i been beta testing forever most the emails contain info about what a stress test is.

*cough* tests servers *cough*

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

Tupac Shakur

Yes... hell even on the forums there was a few topics that were titled with like:

Lets blow this server up! Good Luck!

Lets crash this stress test!

and the likes...

There was even an official announcement on the intentions of what this stress test was for.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 17

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    Yes... hell even on the forums there was a few topics that were titled with like:

Lets blow this server up! Good Luck!

Lets crash this stress test!

and the likes...

There was even an official announcement on the intentions of what this stress test was for.
    Most people skip the info and prolly read "WILDSTAR STRESS TEST TONIGHT" or something along those lines and think they'll be playing the actual game lol

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

Tupac Shakur

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

it happened with the GW2 stress tests also. for some reason people think a stress test is the same thing as a beta test. people would get pissy cause they couldn't get in or would get kicked off. also for some reason people think a beta test means actual release which is also very confusing to me. most people don't even submit bug reports during closed betas.

Yeah, I know and then they get pissy and post complaints. Then afterwards they get their thread trolled for being an idiot. Hell even one of the mods got involved with the trolling, but in a polite way...

Its was when mod got involved and the in game announcements that blamed the lag and crashing on Space Pirates, that made me realize one thing... I think I want to stay with this game.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

The problem is cyber7chink, you assume people actually read the important stuff.

As someone who does paperwork for a motorcycle safety training school, I can assure you the girl who wears shorts and a pair of uggs and thinks they are proper riding gear did not in fact read their paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    The problem is cyber7chink, you assume people actually read the important stuff.

As someone who does paperwork for a motorcycle safety training school, I can assure you the girl who wears shorts and a pair of uggs and thinks they are proper riding gear did not in fact read their paperwork.
    I'm the problem? *runs off with tears in my eyes*

LOL, I know what you mean. If people learned to read, they would not look like inbred idiots themselves.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Not too surprised, a majority of these "testers" are just people trying to play ASAP.

I think we need to gather these individuals to stress test some up coming roller coasters.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast