Understanding what a stress test is...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 55

I find it interesting that such huge titles going in for for testing and looking for applicants don't actually do a good enough application process to weed out the idiots who don't even know what a test is or even help with the development.
    ||(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧||

Playing:
    A bunch of 2013 games I missed.
    TERA: MT - Qewpid - Inactive
    TalesRunner: Phaun - CB tester[/FONT]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by puudleduudle View Post
    I find it interesting that such huge titles going in for for testing and looking for applicants don't actually do a good enough application process to weed out the idiots who don't even know what a test is or even help with the development.
    LMAO, what application process... all you do is send in an email for a chance to get into any beta testing. Besides its a stress test. You invite as much as you can to try to crash and assess the threshold of the servers. I would say there were about 5000+ invites. I dont think ANYONE would want to try to weed out the idiots with that many people.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    LMAO, what application process... all you do is send in an email for a chance to get into any beta testing. Besides its a stress test. You invite as much as you can to try to crash and assess the threshold of the servers. I would say there were about 5000+ invites. I dont think ANYONE would want to try to weed out the idiots with that many people.
    I mean a survey or something. A stress test, I can understand not really caring, but I rarely ever see a beta application do well with surveys. Like, I've been in some with NDAs, and they take their content so seriously, yet they let random idiots in who aren't even reporting bugs or helping in any way.

Playing:

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by puudleduudle View Post
    I mean a survey or something. A stress test, I can understand not really caring, but I rarely ever see a beta application do well with surveys. Like, I've been in some with NDAs, and they take their content so seriously, yet they let random idiots in who aren't even reporting bugs or helping in any way.
    You are always gonna get idiots who dont care about the game's improvements. They are just in it for self entertainment. But what matters is the ones who do report the bugs and try to help improve the games. Thats what the forum mods/admins are for. To copy all reports that seem to be important and send them in. The rest of the garbage... as long as it does not cause trouble, let it be.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Unfortunately, if you removed the idiots then you wouldn't have enough people to stress the servers... It's just a part of the process, at this point. The most simple of players will more than likely report at least one thing, so long as it interferes with the persons experience there's good odds that they'll report/moan, with that said everyone has there uses.
    »Games & IGN«
    Wurm Online » Leviathan
    FFTA2
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    You are always gonna get idiots who dont care about the game's improvements. They are just in it for self entertainment. But what matters is the ones who do report the bugs and try to help improve the games. Thats what the forum mods/admins are for. To copy all reports that seem to be important and send them in. The rest of the garbage... as long as it does not cause trouble, let it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Unfortunately, if you removed the idiots then you wouldn't have enough people to stress the servers... It's just a part of the process, at this point. The most simple of players will more than likely report at least one thing, so long as it interferes with the persons experience there's good odds that they'll report/moan, with that said everyone has there uses.
    True, true. I guess it's just harder for me to let go of the fact that idiots are so oblivious to the effect of their idiocy.

Playing:

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 66

Stress Test- We want to see what it takes to break the server.

Pretty simple.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 22

Well I always known what a stress test is. I been in quite a few but is still taught it was a shame when I finally got invited to Wildstar I could only make a char but im glad I could help in some way to test there server but I dont hope they make same mistake as others mmos. I mean you make a stress test on the server to see if you need to upgrade it and still on release day there server can´t handle it. I mean what the hell did you have a stress test for if you did not upgrade your server it always the same almost all damn releases I been on Diablo 3, Tera, FF14 1.0 and a few other mmos had beta and stress test and still had a horrible lunch where the server can´t handle more than 10k people.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 15

People are so hard for this. Is that good game? I still wonder what makes it p2p.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 586

they could call it *dont-expect-to-play-this-game-at-all-test* and people would still go apeshit about it

Currently Playing: random shit

>Screenshot Collection 2013<

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast