Understanding what a stress test is...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    they could call it *dont-expect-to-play-this-game-at-all-test* and people would still go apeshit about it

Could have not said better my self so true so true sadly there will always be to much idiots on the internet.

General Manager Reputation: 353

This thread made me smile. I can also imagine Mikedot looking at those threads and grinding his teeth since he still has never gotten an invite to play
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Innovation is now having games play themselves? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. - Blackomen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

Haha, put in the obvious right in the title of the test...

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    Well I always known what a stress test is. I been in quite a few but is still taught it was a shame when I finally got invited to Wildstar I could only make a char but im glad I could help in some way to test there server but I dont hope they make same mistake as others mmos. I mean you make a stress test on the server to see if you need to upgrade it and still on release day there server canīt handle it. I mean what the hell did you have a stress test for if you did not upgrade your server it always the same almost all damn releases I been on Diablo 3, Tera, FF14 1.0 and a few other mmos had beta and stress test and still had a horrible lunch where the server canīt handle more than 10k people.
    While the tests do serve the purpose of knowing the limit of the server, they won't upgrade for release because... well that's not their goal, they don't want to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on servers that will only be used once

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    While the tests do serve the purpose of knowing the limit of the server, they won't upgrade for release because... well that's not their goal, they don't want to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on servers that will only be used once
    By this do you mean the overly hyped players that try the game out then get bored easily and leave?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123