Can anyone help me with my computer?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 582

53C is normal for CPU and GPU.

Either way, that MsMpEng.exe is Windows Defender. It is possible that it is scanning when your CPU hits 100%. Since you already have MBAM and Avast, check if Windows Defender is indeed turned off.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Yeah that's a good point I had the same problem with Zonealarm free edition it would use 100% of my memory I removed it and bam perfect smooth playing again.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 8

Yea windows defender is turned off and my tempeture stays at 50c while playing ghosts so i dont think its anything to do with that anything else it could be?

Well... keep an eye out on your CPU-load through task manager.

If it's lagging and not on 100% there's a chance your HDD cannot keep up. The only real safe way to fix that is to get another one. :/

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

This honestly just sounds like a dust problem, computer has to much dust in heatsinks of GPU and CPU causing the computer to strain and run extremely hot, open the case up and see what your looking at for dust if there is any clean it up give it a run.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 27

My computer was acting strange, it was dirty. I had to clean the dust, and I took off the VGA and cleaned it all through. I went from 30 FPS on GW2 to 70 FPS.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 8

Well I cleaned it out a couple months ago idk how to properly clean it out tho it did help but not for very long maybe ill try it again should i get some compressed air and clean it out that way? I know im really lacking on computer knowledge for someone who built one lol

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

You can have someone assist you or something when cleaning it. You might do something to it that you're not supposed to. >_<
    You might want to check your HDD as well...I don't know, maybe its transfer rate is getting lower?

Quote Originally Posted by majjestic View Post
    Well I cleaned it out a couple months ago idk how to properly clean it out tho it did help but not for very long maybe ill try it again should i get some compressed air and clean it out that way? I know im really lacking on computer knowledge for someone who built one lol
    Disconnect computer completely.
    Move your case outside of the room it usually is in (also make sure it's fairly dustless).
    Open your case and remove dust filters if you have them.
    Spray that everything where there's dust. Let the fans on your CPU and GPU spin very fast as well using your compressed air.
    Close it up and put it back.

This is normally written on the can but it can't hurt to repeat: keep the can straight. If you hold it at an angle, it'll create condensation which you don't want to have. (though this is mainly for when it's turned on)

Either way, I doubt this is dust. His temps are normal and you'd need to have your PC stored in an industrial environment to get it that far. That or pack 3-4 packs of cigarettes each day in front of your PC.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

The games you play set them to very low or as low as you can. Play for as long as possible and see if you notice any slowdown. If nothing, it's likely that some part of your computer is faulty or out of shape. As for MsMp, it's an antivirus thing that's common.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast