Can anyone help me with my computer?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 25

Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender (The 2 are the same.. one goes to Windows 8, the other Windows 7.. something like that)
    These are my protectors.. I don't have anything else but Windows Defender and I've been Virus free all year I've had this computer. Well, a year of this computer will be December 31st.

I also do a Full Scan every night for infections, viruses, etc. every night before I go to bed, using Windows Defender...
    I'd suggest you to check out Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials, and take Avast off.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 15

I use canned air once a year on the inside my machine, it's only like 5 bucks and couldn't really hurt.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 22

Run Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials. Pretty much you don't need to buy an anti-virus like Norton, McAfee etc etc. MSE works fine.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 24

I'll give my 2c...
    Since you are saying that you "built" it, have you looked at your Power Supply?

when the power supply is being pressured too much than what it should, your system would be unstable, and eventually died. See if it is the problem with power supply though, by turning your high-end game for a couple of hours and see if it turns off automatically, if it is, then it could probably problem with power supply.
    Currently playing: Hearthstone; Aura Kingdom

Satan. Wank it Phanein. Reputation: 605

Quote Originally Posted by vtrzzzzzz View Post
    I'll give my 2c...
    Since you are saying that you "built" it, have you looked at your Power Supply?

when the power supply is being pressured too much than what it should, your system would be unstable, and eventually died. See if it is the problem with power supply though, by turning your high-end game for a couple of hours and see if it turns off automatically, if it is, then it could probably problem with power supply.
    Power supply is not linked to performance in any way.

If your PSU doesn't give enough power, it will shut off immediately. Alternatively, it'll become an indian and send you a last smoke signal to tell you it died.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 8

So far nothings really helped still getting pretty bad frame drops some guy mentioned my drivers might be out of date how do i know if they are out of date and how do i update them?

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Power supply is not linked to performance in any way.

If your PSU doesn't give enough power, it will shut off immediately. Alternatively, it'll become an indian and send you a last smoke signal to tell you it died.
    Fair enough. Seems like he have a quite stable temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by majjestic View Post
    So far nothings really helped still getting pretty bad frame drops some guy mentioned my drivers might be out of date how do i know if they are out of date and how do i update them?
    Reformat; might be the last/easiest option (if you can't figure out what registry problem, virus, disk error, etc you have) and if you truly believe that there is nothing wrong with the hardware issue

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 8

Okay something new just happened i was playing a game and it just frozed for like 10 seconds then a blue screen popped up with a bunch of words on it and my computer restarted wtf is going on i feel like my comps bout to die

Quote Originally Posted by majjestic View Post
    Okay something new just happened i was playing a game and it just frozed for like 10 seconds then a blue screen popped up with a bunch of words on it and my computer restarted wtf is going on i feel like my comps bout to die
    okay. I really think there are 2 problems, either: something is up with your Operating System or insufficient Power Supply.

Probably best to reformat if it is problem within the Operating System.

have a look at this in regards to insufficient power supply. Someone did mention blue screen:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/35...nt-doesnt-meet
    and have a read at this as well if you experience such symptoms (in regards to power supply):
    http://superuser.com/questions/46837...t-enough-power

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Could be your memory[ram]. Have you tried to run a memtest? Download it and put it on a CD or what not, run it on bootup and wait. If you get errors think about replacing your memory.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast