Can anyone help me with my computer?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 8

Default Can anyone help me with my computer?

I built my first computer about 6 months ago and its been running fine until lately. I shut it off every night and when i turn it on i can play any games with no problems but about after a hour or so everything gets really choppy and frame rates drop a lot and just a bunch of stuttering. Also my web browsing has been realllllly slow but i think that's a different issue does anyone know what could be causing this?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Could be a virus ... Like some program using almost 100% of your cpu . When you have that problem again CTRL+ALT+Delete and see which program uses most of your cpu in task manager .

There's one thing there that I don't recognize its MsMpEng.exe but when i try to end process it says access denied

You could right click it , then go to file location and save the file directory on desktop . Then restart pc and go directly to that folder and either delete the exe file or rename it if you cant delete it .

Nope that didn't help whats a good free virus scanner because i have avast and malwarebytes but they don't detect any viruses

Did you restart your pc as well , that gives you more time to delete or rename the file before it opens again and doesn't let you do either of those .

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Have you checked the temperature of your graphics card and your processor? sounds like it maybe overheating.

Yea it wasn't that program tho and my comp is at 53c is that good or bad? I'm not playing any games now tho so im sure it gets hotter then that

average gpu temperature is at 32 ... with 53 its possible it reaches 90+ or more when you play games

Use CPUID program to check every temperature status of every pc parts . Like cpu , gpu , fan speed etc .
    Last edited by Seya; 12-08-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

yep seya is correct so unless your actually stressing you system by playing games its hard to tell, I would suggest giving your computer a run on the most demanding game it can take and then check the temp levels after that. Your graphics card is the main thing if that reaches 90+ its overheating try cleaning it out with some compressed air or a fine brush like a make-up brush.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast