A Person Microwaves An Xbox One & PS4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 842

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    No, no he wouldn't.
    I'd be willing to bet he would. If he did it and edited into a nice video and posted it in the right places, he definitely would. Reddit and local news stations eat that up, and if it gets featured on something like good morning America or Ellen, its game over dude...raking in tons of cash. Especially if he says "look I used to waste my money on shit like microwaving $1000, now I changed and did this".

Microwaving a game system only really touches gamers. Giving away stuff to kids and puppies on film? There's a hell of a lot more people interested in cute things than brooding gamers.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 114

Such optimism in humanity. I wish I could feel that way about our species, but I can't.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 66

Just watched it. The guy is so annoying I wish I could unwatch it. It makes me a little sick to think he gets ad $$ for that crap.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 12-10-2013 at 10:18 AM.

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    He'd probably get more views if he went and bought a bunch of toys for underprivileged children and delivered them in Santa costumes.
    Probably not. Charity videos have to work pretty hard to be heartwarming enough for people to enjoy watching them. Although it's not exactly hard to get more views than these two videos.

But I'd just like to say that you're all overreacting way too much. All he's doing is destroying a bit of manufactured hardware. All strong opinions on this subject are wrong.

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 842

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    Such optimism in humanity. I wish I could feel that way about our species, but I can't.
    Just saying the news is MUCH more likely to report on a dude giving out a bunch of toys than a dude microwaving a console. It's not even that I have faith in humanity, so much as I feel like he could have stretched his 15 minutes of fame to 20 by doing something good instead of doing something stupid. Strictly as a business move, you can reach more people by doing something generic like handing out gifts. These videos only really get viewed by gamers. Gamers are a small percentage of the population. Reaching a wider audience = more (potential) youtube views = more revenue return for him.

It might be a little more work, but if he did things correctly he'd come out much higher doing the gifting thing, simply because there are more people who would watch that than this. If he spent $10 per kid, thats like 80 kids when you subtract tape and wrapping paper...95 if you use newspaper. He could speed up the video to 3x, find some generic sappy music, post it to some menopause websites and he'd be rich overnight.

Just sayin'. Whatevs, I didn't bother watching this video and I'd probably not watch him giving gifts to children either lmao. I really don't care what he does with his money, its his to spend. There are just better ways to maximize your view counts on a $1000 budget. Much better ways.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 114

I'm just saying that the news probably wouldn't even report something like this. When I lived in Atlanta I saw the Blendtec "Can It Blend" sketches on my local news. You know what the last charity related thing I saw was? "Drunken Santa's filling the street. Here are some safety precautions for getting your kids picture taken with Santa." The news in Atlanta and now in Frederick doesn't like to report on happy things. I'm more likely to hear "Mall Santa was shot" than "Santa at the mall". If your news stations actually report happy things I would love to live where you live. Also, as pointed out above, charity videos have to work so much harder in order to get views.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 55

These two videos will help him buy 5 of each.
    ||(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧||

Playing:
    A bunch of 2013 games I missed.
    TERA: MT - Qewpid - Inactive
    TalesRunner: Phaun - CB tester[/FONT]

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 45

This is...GENIUS.

Edit: And by genius I mean he's making money off of stupidity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12