Looking for a PvP game!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Looking for a PvP game!

What are the best pvp games out there?
    What I'm really looking for is something like TERA end game arena based PvP without the gear grind progression. Buying gear with points or in game currency is fine, but as long as it's not something that is severely tedious. I know what you're thinking..

Why don't I just play a MOBA? Well to start things off I HATE MOBAS. They're too PvE based for me, and I hate that you don't get "your own" hero or character and get to design what he looks like I guess. The thing I hate MOST about MOBAS is they're so damn slow paced! I mean really a match is so long I start the lose interest half way through and just quit everytime (yes I'm that guy). I love being able to kill people in one combo. I love being able to stun somebody and just unload a deathly amount of damage on them before they can run off to get healed or whatever, and MOBA's just don't offer that.

What I've tried:
    Smite - Just the arena part. I like this, but I'm looking for more maybe? I hate lanes or anything like that. I don't mind objectives (domination, hold points etc) but the MOBA style is seriously a huge turn off to me.
    Forge - I like the idea of this honestly. But it's just completely dead.
    Bloodline Champions - Dead.
    LoL - Tried because of the hype.. Was not impressed. Just so slow IMO.
    DotA2 - Same reasons as LoL.
    Prime World - Same as LoL.

I like having to aim my skills similar to smite, and I want a really high skill ceiling. I need something skill based and something to be competitive with. I watched some neverwinter pvp gameplay and although it is an MMO with gear progression I'm not sure how fast it really is and how serious the community takes it. Back in the glory days of TERA PvP was so competitive and everybody wanted to be the best. Fighting for high elo in 3v3, making teams was just awesome. Now the community is full of retards that don't know basic pvp strategy and how to play objective when needed. I need something serious.

Is there really nothing out there to satisfy my needs?
    TL;DR
    NEEDS:
    • Fast Paced
    • Serious/Competitive Community
    • Feels fluid
    • COMBOS!!!
    • Preferably looks good. (I like anime style also)

On a side note I'm currently playing FFXIV and loving it and hoping the PvP that comes out can satisfy my hunger. Although it's not aiming, I still think organizing team work within your party with be a huge skillful task.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

How about a versus game on a console? You could try that too. >_<

On another note you could search around for any action MMOs out there.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 32

Ragnarok Online. No strategy during duels or WoE?You can kiss your ass goodbye. Don't know how to properly use your skills? Kiss your butt goodbye again. Don't have the right cards or know how to swap gear? Kiss away!

Community is also pretty active and each class has a role to play that will make or break a party during those large WoE fights. Graphics are basic the only flashy thing is the skills. Also there is no one strategy for dealing with classes because it all winds down to their skills as a player so you will have to be able to adapt on the fly.

RIFT has aiming I believe(cnt rmbr)? I played an archer and the PvP was pretty fun imo and required you to know a bit about your class and what to target. I spent most of my time in pvp arenas and enjoyed it as well as the fact that I could just level up in an arena. Not sure if you'll like it though. :o

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

These are all MOBAs (Forge arguably not).

Maybe try Dragon Nest, Arche Blade, GetAmped, and Lost Saga?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by skiper View Post
    How about a versus game on a console? You could try that too. >_<

On another note you could search around for any action MMOs out there.
    Have any recommendations for a game on console? I have a 360, and will most likely get a ps4 in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Igneius View Post
    Ragnarok Online.

RIFT has aiming I believe(cnt rmbr)?
    The official servers of Ragnarok? I used to play on a bunch of private servers back in the day, but never got into the PvP aspect.
    RIFT - I am picky as **** but I don't like the artstyle AT ALL >.< I tried it and played it for a week and then it just fell off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    These are all MOBAs (Forge arguably not).

Maybe try Dragon Nest, Arche Blade, GetAmped, and Lost Saga?
    I tried DN, but I read all over the forums that the game is dying(can anybody confirm? looks fun from the youtube vids) and is it p2w?
    Arche Blade I tried but there's not many active rooms for some reason.
    I'll look up the last two!

BTW I also have GW2 forgot to list that, WvW is just Zerg IMO and the tournament play is "ok".

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 66

This hit Steam a couple of weeks ago..

Kingdoms Rise is a Multiplayer Fantasy Combat Game featuring brand new game mechanics within its deep 360 sword fighting system and magic abilities. Customize to your heart’s content with a multitude of choices in armors, swords, spells, ranged weapons and more.

I can't guarantee these will be right for you but also look into:
    Vindictus
    Continent of the Ninth
    Dynasty Warriors Online
    Neverwinter
    DC Universe
    Yulgang 2
    Last edited by FarmerM; 12-09-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 32

I don't like (classic) LoL either, because it is indeed way too slow. But did you try dominion? That mode I do like. Much more fast paced, and none of that PvE nonsense. If you haven't tried it, check out some Dominate Dominion videos. I find it to be sufficiently fast.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by shaddy View Post
    I tried DN, but I read all over the forums that the game is dying(can anybody confirm? looks fun from the youtube vids) and is it p2w?
    Arche Blade I tried but there's not many active rooms for some reason.
    I'll look up the last two!
    They are probably more dead than the first two by now lol