Apparently Interracial relationships are bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

Default Apparently Interracial relationships are bad

Holy shit, something's wrong with the teens. The teens have gone mad. After Kiwi chanteuse Lorde apparently said (to someone, somewhere—I literally can't find any sources on it besides teens on Twitter) that Justin Bieber and the members of One Direction are "ugly," wounded superfans began firing back with a barrage of potshots at James Lowe, Lorde's rumored boyfriend. In the way that the overemotional rantings of the ignorant so often do, the attacks turned racist almost immediately.

The onslaught is still going strong, bolstered by last week's tabloid decision to post bikini photos of a 17-year-old girl—which included bonus pics of Lorde hugging the 24-year-old Lowe—as well as a photo of the couple Instagrammed by Tyler, The Creator with the caption "Hhahahahahah." Good one, guy.

Why the Hell Are On-Screen Interracial Relationships Still a Big Deal?
    We're now in year six of sunny post-racial America, and things are going great, right!?! We have a biracial president, and, uh...Halle Berry won … Read…
    Most of the tweets simply call Lowe ugly and/or express bewilderment at the coupling—Lowe and Lorde, it seems, don't "match" in a way that their brains can comprehend. I've mentioned before that I'm in a relationship with someone way more conventionally attractive than me, and the proprietary/borderline charitable way that conventionally attractive women interact with my boyfriend (like they'd be righting the balance of the universe by "taking" him from me) is astonishing. Our culture has a lot of social and literal capital tied up in the idea that conventional physical beauty is the defining factor in successful relationships. When couples like Lorde and Lowe violate that tacit social contract (by, you know, just liking each other a lot while being slightly different amounts of "hot"), the response is usually swift, bewildered, and thick with disgust.

Even the tweets that don't specifically mention Lowe's race, I suspect, are at least partially driven by our culture's nasty stereotyping of Asian men as unsexy and sexless.
    click the source to read some of the tweets that these "angry super-fan teens" posted about Lorde and her asian boyfriend.
    source: http://jezebel.com/teens-are-having-...ium=socialflow
    =====================

granted, she brought it upon herself for lashing out at JB and One Direction first but.....this is just...wow.

*grabs a shotgun*
    I think I will personally teach these ignorant teens what being "truly ugly" means.
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

I've never had issues with interracial dating. Though I've never dated the same race before.

General Manager Reputation: 353

How do people have so much time on their hands to be concerned with going out of their way to make themselves look like assholes?
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Innovation is now having games play themselves? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. - Blackomen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 72

1D and JB fans do everything in their power to look as idiotic as they can. No one will take this seriously and it only makes both acts look even less serious.
    ||(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧||

Playing:
    A bunch of 2013 games I missed.
    TERA: MT - Qewpid - Inactive
    TalesRunner: Phaun - CB tester - Inactive
    ArcheAge Sometimes

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 585

This is just "the friend of my enemy is my other enemy" reasoning.
    JB is just shitting on everything that moves for the lulz.

It would be just as sane to say that all JB readers are pedos, because they obsess about this underage person, which I personally never even heard of.
    Last edited by Ronin; 12-10-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Stay frosty.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 151

"I hate Lorde and everything she likes", not really a 'Interracial relationships are bad' thing.

I do know some people irl who actually believe interracial marriage is wrong. They claim god never wanted 'breeding between races'. ._.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I really don't like Tyler the Creator.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605

These are JB and 1D fans.

They do not present opinion and should be ignored.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

I don't have anything against interracial relationships, and I've never met anyone that does. yet.

However, I still hate Lorde.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Im american and my wife is canadian... so I guess our son is 'mixed race' ?

(I have no idea who either of those names mentioned in the first post are)

EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast