Why do people like the hobbit/lotr movies? Why do you like or dont like hem?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 82

The simplistic answers is: different taste.

The movies delve into the fantasy with pretty accurate and astonishing imagery. You get lost in the pretentious visuals. It's entertaining, it's beautiful, it's interesting, it's original, it's different, there are essential expressed human emotions people relate to and feel connected to, and all of it is on a high-budget, grand scale. Plus, there aren't many fantasy movies with such an epic storyline and visuals. If there are, then the management of that movie sucks at marketing! Most people don't go deeply searching for such extravagant fantasy films, but rather let the movie come to them, unless it's an extreme interest of theirs. Therefore, marketing plays a MASSIVE role in the popularity of a fantasy film too.

The movies you listed can't even compare because they aren't even apart of the same genre. Everything is different from the music, visuals, story, dialogue, time period in the movie, time period the movies were made, etc. LotR to Mary Poppins? Are you cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!?

I liked both the LotR trilogy and The Hobbit for reasons I've previously stated. The overall grand elements of the movies made such a lasting impression on me that I qualify them as some of my favorites. Plus, they're the type of movies my whole family enjoys and will watch silently in unison together.

To my bewilderment, I don't see why some people label The Hobbit as "cheesy" or "childish." Perhaps they mean some of the early scenes in the movie, such as the singing-at-dinner scenes, but I didn't think it was that cheesy. In my perspective, it was a pretty realistic supplementation for entertainment, considering the time period that it's based off of. Moreover, it was only a brief moment of the entire movie. The rest of the film felt very Lord of the Ringsy to me. It was a bit less epic, but that's because the story was a bit less epic. It's a prequel TO the big shit. The suspense before the climax! The attainment of the drugs before the bust! The appetizer before the entree! THE BONER BEFORE THE ORGASM!

Etcetera!

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 50

Default Not quite Lord of the Rings.

The Undead Reputation: 417

because hobbit fetish

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 233

Totally on topic here:

Just got back from Desolation of Smaug, and holy shit.. Film is amazeballs.

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

Peter Jackson is the devil because he made mai waifu, Shelob, the most boring creature in cinematic history. >8(

Plus he removed all the travel scenes! How can you have Lord of the Rings without all the travel scenes?!

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 277

i would buy a new ultra deluxe auteur edition directors cut that has 10 hours of silent walking added to the films.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

call me chicken strips Reputation: 500

saw the midnite showing

it was excellente, as they are wont to say in castille

Reading: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (50%)
    Last read: A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 38

I dont read any of the books, only watched the movies.

I enjoyed LOTR trilogy but i find Hobbit rather boring.

NOW PLAYING:
    D3

WAITING FOR:
    Wonderking
    Tree of Saviour

call me chicken strips Reputation: 500

movie summary:

MAJOR SPOILERS

-smaug is NOT actual asleep or ded like everyone hopped but is alive. p.s. he can stil breeth fire
    -dumbeldoor gets flustered at everyone, but is also very wise and patient. i wish he were dad
    -bilbo sneaks around and dorves are impressed by his courage. will they come to acept him into their company??
    -orks ambush the good guys. do the good guys escape OK?? I won't spoil THIS u have to see for yourself
    - there is an handom elf who has blond hair let's play a game his name starts with an L and he is very good with bow an arrow (yes u guessed it; LEGOAST)
    -tehres a part where u think legolast mite die, but dont worry, someone saves him. wont spol who, but lets just say his savor mite be short and have a berd
    -in that funy litle hat of his, rapagast keeps birds! haha what a funy gnome
    -there is a guy named bard, and he is good wit arrows. but not with song. (not a true bard!!!)
    -the nercomancer is SOURON!!! who knew??
    -there is this dude who can change shapes and all he does is give dwarves some rly pritty ponies that they ride for 2 minutes.what a bro and a friend I wish I hadf riends like that. not for the ponies, but for the shape changing, they could teech bullies lesions

SPOILERS ARE OVER U MAY CONTIN READING THTHREAD

Reading: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (50%)
    Last read: A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    i would buy a new ultra deluxe auteur edition directors cut that has 10 hours of silent walking added to the films.
    For serial, I would buy such an edition as well. Lord of the Rings is much more suited to a TV show than a movie trilogy.

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast