Elder Scrolls Online gets release date, new gameplay trailer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    People will play because of the Elder Scrolls setting. A majority of people will probably last 3-5 months in the game, due to the lore, questing, and end game PVP content. It'll be a bit more popular than Guild Wars 2, I think. Perhaps a bit less, considering the payment model they've chosen.
    More popular than GW2? Never. At least not in its current p2p model (i think its p2p)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    More popular than GW2? Never. At least not in its current p2p model (i think its p2p)
    elder scrolls name is huge, guild wars is not.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    elder scrolls name is huge, guild wars is not.
    It is, but so is Guild Wars.
    At least Guild Wars 1 was a supreme title.

Like I said, in p2p it wont supreme GW2. Not over the time.
    Unless the game turns into a WoW2.

Well, tbh I left GW2 a year ago and plan to never play it again. For me this game gone backwards a thousand steps from GW1. So no idea how big the playerbase is.
    But p2p is a dying race by standard for new games
    Last edited by janii; 12-12-2013 at 05:46 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by janii View Post
    It is, but so is Guild Wars.
    At least Guild Wars 1 was a supreme title.

Like I said, in p2p it wont supreme GW2. Not over the time.
    Unless the game turns into a WoW2.

Well, tbh I left GW2 a year ago and plan to never play it again. For me this game gone backwards a thousand steps from GW1. So no idea how big the playerbase is.
    But p2p is a dying race by standard for new games
    you really think atleast half of bethesdas fanbase know of guild wars? no.
    strictly speaking, A LOT of people have no idea what guild wars is if you would ask them, on the other hand, they DO know what elder scrolls is.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I played the beta and it was soooooo boring. Im a huge elder scrolls fan too. It bums me out seeing the elder scrolls name on this game. They went into this with the wrong mindset which is "Elder scrolls is on the cover so everyone who played the other games is going to play this one herp derp"

they should have just stuck to what they knew and made it 2-4 players with scaling based on the number of ppl in the game. would have been a thousand times better.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 32

At least it can only be better than that garbage game Guild Wars 2.

No idea why anyone is hating on this game, from what I've seen so far it looks pretty damn good.
    are you insane? Gw2 is not garbage! perhaps its not your game but its definitley not garbage.
    Stupid comment : /

and btw..I got my hands on a beta key for this game and I am playing elder scrolls games since
    morrowind and this game is ok..but its not very special or smth new + its not rlly elder scrolls..sure it
    looks like the game and its in the elder scrolls world but for me it feels like a darkfall with better graphic..
    had no real elder scrolls feeling (as a fan). Wildstar beta was more fun than this game + I am sick of this
    fantasy setting.
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 44

It's nothing impressive but compared to the other 'new' MMOs that keep getting churned out, it's definitely a step above. The game just needs quite a bit of polishing and recruit some real dialogue/lore writers as the quests are super generic which is a bit disappointing considering the quest system from the series is quite well done (at least compared to others). Movement is a bit choppy and the combat is absolutely horrid, the hit boxes for you/the enemies is completely broken from my experience.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 43

Played the previous beta weekend and after about 10hours or so it became apparent to me, that's not gonna be for me, as much as i like the single player elder scrolls. Hated the draw distance in this game too, seems so god damn short that it was annoying. Combat was rather dull to me too. I'm pretty sure the same thing is going to happen to this game that happened with SWTOR.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

I liked it a lot personally. I've never been a super Elder Scrolls fanboy, but as a MMO it did not disappoint me.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Olpah's Object Reputation: 17

Everyone who has played this game an myself included where extremely disappointed, for all those fan boys and or people who never played beta just keep ur opinions to urself until u at least try the game lol

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

Tupac Shakur

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast