Elder Scrolls Online gets release date, new gameplay trailer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

Default Elder Scrolls Online gets release date, new gameplay trailer

The first online Elder Scrolls game is coming early next year. Here - have a trailer to celebrate!

Good news Elder Scrolls fans! On April the 4th, 2014, you'll be able to venture into Cyrodil in a whole new way - with friends!

That's when The Elder Scrolls Online releases, on PC & Mac at least. It will hit PS4 and Xbone in June of the same year, giving the PC master race time to race to cap and gloat mightily.

It's our way.

One question, though, is about any beta plans. Here's an excerpt from Game Director Matt Firor's blog post:

As some of you know, we’ve been in beta testing for about a year now, leading up to our most recent test in late November where we had over 300,000 people in the game over a 48 hour period. We’ve had approximately 4 million people sign up for beta and that number continues to grow. We hope that just about every one of you who have signed up for beta will get an invitation to play sometime between now and the weeks before launch. These tests are very important, not only for gameplay feedback, but also to test our infrastructure. Beta tests can sometimes be a little rough when we are testing some systems for the first time with large numbers of players. So thank you to all who have participated for your understanding and support. It is very much appreciated.

So there you go. Soon. In the meantime, here, have a shiny gameplay trailer!

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/3...y-trailer.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 17

I dont see it having a bright future in my opinion

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

Tupac Shakur

There better be a choice to either play from a third or first person perspective.
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Banned Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cy-Kill View Post
    There better be a choice to either play from a third or first person perspective.
    There is. You can swap from 1st to 3rd person mode and vice versa at will.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Quote Originally Posted by invadertim View Post
    People will play because of the Elder Scrolls setting. A majority of people will probably last 3-5 months in the game, due to the lore, questing, and end game PVP content. It'll be a bit more popular than Guild Wars 2, I think. Perhaps a bit less, considering the payment model they've chosen.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotomy View Post
    There is. You can swap from 1st to 3rd person mode and vice versa at will.
    Good, I'll be able to play it then, because I don't like 3rd person if it's not a shooter.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 51

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    People will play because of the Elder Scrolls setting. A majority of people will probably last 3-5 months in the game, due to the lore, questing, and end game PVP content. It'll be a bit more popular than Guild Wars 2, I think. Perhaps a bit less, considering the payment model they've chosen.
    At least it can only be better than that garbage game Guild Wars 2.

No idea why anyone is hating on this game, from what I've seen so far it looks pretty damn good.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

Hmm, I haven't played it. However, a bunch of my friends played the beta and told me they weren't impressed, even the ones who were balls crazy about skyrim and logged thousands of hours onto it.
    I personally haven't ever been a scrolls fan and as someone who doesn't play the ES games, I don't see anything that makes me want to play ESO. I can only see how the playerbase would be scrolls fans in the first place.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

I was excited at first about ESO but after i saw some Ingame Footage i was Disappointed. The Character Animations ( Walk/Run/Fight) looked very Bad. Thats now 3 Months ago and we didnt see any Ingame Footage since then, Hopefuly they polished it and then i might try it.

A also didnt join the Beta even i had an Invitation.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by charly1337 View Post
    At least it can only be better than that garbage game Guild Wars 2.

No idea why anyone is hating on this game, from what I've seen so far it looks pretty damn good.
    Agree'd, trailer looks decent, i'll never judge the game by it's cover until I've personally played it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast