Could It Be Possible That Blizzard Is Making a Shooter Based on WoW Universe?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Cool Could It Be Possible That Blizzard Is Making a Shooter Based on WoW Universe?

Yesterday, Blizzard game director Michael Booth posted a new recruitment for his team on personal twitter: "My team is looking for a Lead Producer to help us create Blizzard's next awesome game", with a link to Blizzard official recruitment.

Before joining Blizzard Entertainment on May 2013 as game director of a new game team, Mike Booth was the CEO of Turtle Rock studio, who developed the popular FPS game Counter-Strike and zombie survival shooter Left 4 Dead. He shared credits as one of Counter-Strike programmers and leaded the project of Left 4 Dead. In addition, this team is also looking for 3D Weapons Artist and the description for the job requests that the candidate should have "experience working with a diverse range of equipment, vehicles, and mechanical characters."

It is easy to lead us to the assumption that Blizzard's next game might be a shooter. Just think about the development of Startcraft II. Dustin Browder, the former EA game designer who had a wealth of experience in developing RTS games (Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, Command & Conquer: Generals and The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth series), joined Blizzard Entertainment in 2005. After 5 years, he showed off StarCraft II as the game director. Therefore, we have reason to believe that Blizzard is likely to develop a shooter...Read on More

Last edited by Edwardslin; 12-12-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Image

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

This shit'll be goldeneye all over again, where everyone just plays ****ing oddjob(gnomes) for an easy win.
    God damn it.

But on a serious note, though i could see blizzard doing an FPS, though I'm seriously doubting it'll be set in the WC universe.

42 Reputation: 10

No lol They already stated that the new game is gonna be new IP.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by tihi85 View Post
    No lol They already stated that the new game is gonna be new IP.
    This ^

They said it will have NOTHING to do with ANY of the "Craft" games.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

I wonder how would that turn out...

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

It would be highly unlikely that it would be based in the Warcraft Universe, but it could be possible that they are planning on making an FPS for the Starcraft Universe