What are some promising upcoming MMORPGs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default What are some promising upcoming MMORPGs?

I personally haven't been a huge MMORPG player since World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. Occasionally I'll get an urge to participate in some current MMORPGs, but when it comes down to it, I finally end up deciding that I want to jump in on a new MMORPG. If you think about it, people tend to think that WoW was at its prime during the Vanilla and Burning Crusade days. There'd be no point in starting a new character on a game like Lineage 2 or LOTRO, their primes surely have long past. I'd personally like to say that I've been there since day 1 of the game (or earlier if there's some sort of open beta system implemented), and really do my best to develop a single character to get that name out there.

With that intro out of the way, what are some promising upcoming MMORPGs? I'll list some of the ones I'm aware of.

1) The Elder Scrolls Online - I personally played the open beta, not for very long as I actually have a social life and am involved in a University, but from what little I've played (The Tutorial and a few levels worth of questing), it seems interesting. I'm personally a big PvP guy, especially if there are hardcore elements involved (Darkfall / EVE), but unfortunately I wasn't able to experience the PvP in this game. I definitely enjoyed the First Person perspective, it really did feel like an Elder Scrolls game, that's for sure.

2) The Repopulation - Haven't tried any of the Alpha / Beta gameplay, but from what I've seen it looks really interesting. I love the fact there will be a Hardcore PvP server, and I like the idea of crafting, buildings, and sieges being implemented into the game. This is probably the main game I'll be looking towards in the mean time. The only issue I have with "Hardcore MMOs" like Darkfall, Mortal Online, etc. is that they tend to be very rough, they're not very polished and the actual act of playing in the game tends to feel very clunky. We'll see how it turns out, but I don't really expect this game to be nearly as fluid as a game like WoW. The fact it's Free To Play is enough for me to invest quite a few hours into it.

3) Blizzard's "Titan" - My personal perspective regarding this game is that I want to be a part of it as soon as it comes out. Blizzard is considered very famous and successful for World of Warcraft, so to hear that they're making a second MMO is exceptionally exciting, even if little information has been given and they keep on delaying it. I hope they keep the same Open World PvP system in place, and I hope that they maybe even add some more Hardcore elements.

Are there any games you guys consider "promising upcoming mmorpgs?"
    Last edited by Bruthar; 12-17-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

Ah well...unfortunately I've stopped looking forward to new MMOs once I've found my favorite ones. Though I still play some of my not-so-favorite MMOs sometimes.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 18

Seems like Wildstar is the last hope of quality MMOs.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

Archeage.!!!!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 142

For me:
    Phantasy Star Online 2 (English)
    Tree of Savior

Heads or Tails Reputation: 52

I'm looking forward to english servers for Blade and Soul, Black Desert and Tree of Savior.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

there are much more mmos that will be better than ever,and the first who will launch untill christmass is Rise of Metin,and altought metin 2 is known as a shitty game,rise of metin is worthy for mmorpg title.
    Next is Black Desert,cool graphic,cool story,pvp etc etc etc
    Kingdoms Under Fire 2 same lots of pvp,great graphic,
    Bless,awesome
    EIN
    Lineage Eternal
    Archeage
    And i guess this is not all..i viewed all those games and they are really cool,not many mmos from today are as good as them:
    -great graphic
    -cool story
    -cool features
    -lots of pvp
    -nice classes
    -and lots more features who increase the quality of gameplay,so as far as i can say,2014 will be a good year for mmorpgs

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Looking forward to an English release of PSO2, even if it's SEA
    Tree of Savior
    NA release of Blade&Soul

Would have said Wildstar (I'd still love to try the game) but their payment method seems so.. Bleh.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

A lot of those games I do not know...nice, I'm curious, I'll check them out.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

Tree of Savior
    Aura Kingdoms
    Everquest Next
    Wildstar

And there are a few others in development right now as well. I think most people are throwing their money at big AAA titles rather than the rush of smaller games that we've seen crop up over the past few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast