If you could see it, would you end it?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

Default If you could see it, would you end it?

"When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

huh. i should use this as an excuse to not get dragged along to stupid sporting events. not only are they mostly boring, but horrible human trafficking happens at them. nice.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

anyways, as to the question, i don't see how i come into it. i pay taxes so the police can end shit like this on my behalf. it's not my place to run in there and try to go rambo on criminals.

that's not to say that i wouldn't try to help as best i could, but if i would clearly probably just get shot without achieving anything worthwhile, no i wouldn't run in and try to free them.
    Last edited by postrook; 12-18-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 82

Its disappointing that nobody cares about the men who are abducted to be sex slaves.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I hate slavery and human rights abuse and animal abuse, so if bullshit like this happens then I'm obviously against it and give my help to end.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120

I actually followed Lady Gaga on Twitter a couple years ago to possibly try to get in contact with her so that maybe she could use her fame to shed light on this issue. She helped end Don't Ask, Don't Tell, so I thought she could spread awareness to her millions of followers.

I had no idea about sex trafficking until my friend told me back in 2008 or 2009. If it wasn't for him, I probably still wouldn't know about it until maybe today. There is so little awareness about this MASSIVE injustice that it's almost appalling. You'd think everyone and their mother would know by now and that it'd be in the works of being abolished on a global-scale.

It's really interesting how ignorantly blissful I was growing up. When you're a child, you're made to believe America is perfect, war no longer exists (pre-2001), slavery is abolished, and that we've done it, we've finally achieved peace, equality, and happiness. Then you grow up and realize we still have a long way to go. In many ways, things are so much better, but in others, things are worse. However, I'd much rather live here than other less morally-advanced countries, obviously.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    It's really interesting how ignorantly blissful I was growing up. When you're a child, you're made to believe America is perfect, war no longer exists (pre-2001), slavery is abolished, and that we've done it, we've finally achieved peace, equality, and happiness.
    War, slavery, discrimination... Funny how they EXIST. But apparently it's taboo to talk about that.

In Canada, we finished our Aboriginal genocide program in 1996.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 82

I feel like a lot of issues aren't being fought in the right battles. And when the wrong battles are being fought, it makes the issue seem less important.

This being applicable to any issue.