Greatest scandal you know of in your mmos?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

Default Greatest scandal you know of in your mmos?

Well.. mmos have scandals. Sometimes its massive relationship breakups, hacking, GM hacking, dev abuse, cheats whatever...

What's a really memorable scandal you know of in your mmos? What happened and why?

Back in Regnum one of the servers top conjurers Eyfura, who was also a GM, was found to have been involved in some sort of duping and equipment trading scandal. Eyfura was the personal conjurer (healer) of Tigerious, one of the top barbarians on server. Whenever Eyfura wud log as a GM ( her role as a GM was actually a secret ) I think she wud look at people's inventories and then tell Tigerious who to try to buy stuff from and at what price. This way Tigerious ended up having all the best gear on server! what a cheat ! she was banned in the end.. i didnt know much about her involvement in the duping scandal.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

the Dayz ripoff - Warz (now called Infected Survival Stories or something) Even ****ing steam took that shit down.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

MaplestoryEU There was this hack that would reverse a skill (thief skill: if you got hit you would lose money instead of hp) So instead of losing money you gained it. Well it was posted on the forums 2 months before they took action....their action? was to take a % of money FROM EVERY SINGLE Character. They punished their legit players, such a poor why to handle anything.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 38

runescape I was killed in a non pvp world in Falador

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 36

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    Well.. mmos have scandals. Sometimes its massive relationship breakups, hacking, GM hacking, dev abuse, cheats whatever...

What's a really memorable scandal you know of in your mmos? What happened and why?

Back in Regnum one of the servers top conjurers Eyfura, who was also a GM, was found to have been involved in some sort of duping and equipment trading scandal. Eyfura was the personal conjurer (healer) of Tigerious, one of the top barbarians on server. Whenever Eyfura wud log as a GM ( her role as a GM was actually a secret ) I think she wud look at people's inventories and then tell Tigerious who to try to buy stuff from and at what price. This way Tigerious ended up having all the best gear on server! what a cheat ! she was banned in the end.. i didnt know much about her involvement in the duping scandal.
    I dont get it. A GM has the power to get everything.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 61

Got temp banned in Cabal online during a nation war event couple of years ago just because i killed GM during that nation war event.

Got banned for a month

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Neverwinter with their huge astral crystal exploit oh right its still in beta.....

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

A Gm in c9 forums posted that the game will be shut down in december 23, and that they are sorry and bla, bla, bla. Later, they posted that the game will not be shut down and will be still available. They didnt say wtf is going on, but probably someoe logged in with gm acc (forums previosly had some sort of security issue). So yeah, Webzen a.k.a Failzen delivers again xD
    P.S atm forums are down. )

I recall one during the early days of Maple Story, when a GM got his account hacked (or password guessed) and some kid began spawning Boss mobs in the middle of the second town

Also, that one back in 2008 i think when on a Star Wars MMO (not Swtor, the previous one) some GM banned like over 100 players for some personal argument

Also, that one on EVE about that guild that got infiltrated, blueprints stolen and ships destroyed, you know, it is well known even nowadays

Half of my guild and me got hacked in Cabal Eu, we reported to support, nothing came back. Stopped playing there.
    Started RO2, except all this (bugs) features, its only p2w, thats the biggest fail. Also the events there where u participate in, get changed after they ended. As Example, they did a event called "100 man strong" or something like this. Firstly, it was said that every guild with 100 players (max # of members.) will get a special created Cape. In the end, only 1 or 2 Guilds got that special cape, rest guilds got the same lame cape with an 100 written on. So lame.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast