Greatest scandal you know of in your mmos?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by M1nGs3N4yuk1 View Post
    Don't be sorry. We're on the same page here and I quit due to the same reason. My guildsmate are still playing and I'm still the inactive member of honor. Lol
    I still have a number of guild mates who are playing on Wulin (none of are playing on Wushu anymore). I probably would be playing Wulin as well, if it weren't for the European times for all of the events. And the game is just such an event-driven game that you get far behind if you can't attend most of them. It's Team Practice, kid-napping, crafting grind (which is neat because it's just a bit of bejeweled), Spying, Script Stealing, guild wars, instance running... it takes up a lot of your time if you want to be one of the better players on the server :/ but at the same time, it's one of those games where you don't really need to be the best to have a good time.

Man, I'm giving myself a nostalgia heartache.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 41

Just check Maple Story every couple of weeks or so.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Horrible View Post
    I recall one during the early days of Maple Story, when a GM got his account hacked (or password guessed) and some kid began spawning Boss mobs in the middle of the second town

Also, that one back in 2008 i think when on a Star Wars MMO (not Swtor, the previous one) some GM banned like over 100 players for some personal argument

Also, that one on EVE about that guild that got infiltrated, blueprints stolen and ships destroyed, you know, it is well known even nowadays
    That was the beta, and it was his fault for having a password like 1234 or something :/

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

The NGE was a pretty big scandal at the time. I believe it wasn't a month after SOE produced/sold a new expansion, they pulled the "We're going to release a 'new' version of the game" on us and they ended up offering refunds I believe. It completely destroyed the population of the game and ultimately lead to it dying a few years later.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 30

dark and light.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Nexon Europe's Mabinogi was completely shutdown, and all players were forced to move to Mabinogi NA, and they didn't get their players or items...
    Mabinogi's servers were already not as good as they needed to be for the awesome combat system to be smooth enough,
    Mabinogi NA's servers were further away from European players causing more lag to start with,
    and the overload of all EU players caused EVEN MORE lag.
    It was basically unplayable - with all the lags, bugs and the horrifying movement mechanism, it caused me to finally quit the MMORPG with the best content I've ever seen... still waiting for a new Mabinogi to come up.
    all of this because someone hacked the European cash shop.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Pretty much what apoca said, snail was the biggest scandal. I too owned a relatively strong guild and got banned literally because my guild was thought to be too small and too powerful to be have been through legal means. A guild of 60 people owned a guild territory on the Red Phoenix (the most popular server at the time). I have the ticket saved to my email for some laughs.

I guess the biggest personal was the RO thing. Where my vice told me to make a guild because "people would follow me", direct quote from him. Then when the guild got huge, made a really small problem into something that shouldn't have even been a problem. In to a guild split just because he wanted to be leader. The small problem was, some guy flirted with girls. So some guild members made a female character to play a prank on him. Vice turned it in to a big problem and people took sides and we split into 2 different guilds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

The chinese invasion of Shadowbane.
    The chinese guilds would basically team up and take over everything, when they started losing they ddos'd the server.
    which in turn with lack of updates, caused the game to close.
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

Archlord GM's selling ingame currency/items (tho it's not the first case).
    Or as someone else mentioned, Dark & Light, that was quite huge.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 38

In Runescape 1, my 20k coal got hacked.

In Ragnarok Online 1, an IRL friend used my account to borrow something but then stole 300m from it and told me he doesnt know where the money went lol.

NOW PLAYING:
    D3

WAITING FOR:
    Wonderking
    Tree of Saviour

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast