Greatest scandal you know of in your mmos?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    The chinese invasion of Shadowbane.
    The chinese guilds would basically team up and take over everything, when they started losing they ddos'd the server.
    which in turn with lack of updates, caused the game to close.

this is scary. i suspect it could happen again unless they lock the chinese up in their own servers. which is really not vy good cos it sort of promotes racism.
    is racism good? should we have some minimum form of racism ? hmmm..
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    this is scary. i suspect it could happen again unless they lock the chinese up in their own servers. which is really not vy good cos it sort of promotes racism.
    is racism good? should we have some minimum form of racism ? hmmm..
    I think separating continents/countries is the best method for a game to run. Preferably by IP block. Otherwise race wars start happening. A prime example of this is in Age of Wushu.

Basically, there were super guilds/alliances formed. There were all-Chinese guilds, Thai guilds, Filipino guilds, etc... and the major alliances were mostly made up of the same race, and there was a strong "we need to stay together" mentality for those of the same nationality. Wars were literally fought in that game just because the other people were of a different race.

The biggest issue lately is that a lot of good games come out in other countries (Korea, China/Taiwan, and Russia) first lately. That means people from these countries get a headstart and get to learn the game for months, or sometimes years, before they even come to North America. And then when people from those servers find out that NA servers are starting, they think "Oh boy, a fresh start" and move into NA servers in mass numbers with knowledge that completely outmatches our own. The Chinese-speaking players in Age of Wushu were completing random encounters while some of us were didn't even know it was possible to get NPCs to like you and get rewards for it. It made for a pretty unfair advantage and a lot of resentment from everyone else. The Chinese guilds became the richest/best because of everything they knew, and a lot of people felt like they should war against them because they completely dominated the market with rare and powerful items.

There was even a meeting called amongst all the non-Chinese guilds on the White Tiger server an the options were pretty much either join with the non-Chinese, or join with the Chinese, if you planned to take part in the guild territory aspect of the game. I ended up allying my guild with the Chinese guilds (HuaXia) because I figured that they would dominate in the end, and I would rather let me guild members have the advantages of their knowledge of the game than get butt-hurt over losing all our territory in a war we couldn't hope to win. This pissed off one of my vice-leaders and he split from the guild to make his own and took a number of our core members to ally with the non-Chinese guilds to fight HuaXia.

In the end, our alliance dominated the server, the guild that split from us lost all their territory, the guild that had shit talked my guild (and then asked us to help them) got utterly destroyed. Because we allied with HuaXia, our members were able to run high-end raids with them as soon as they came out, allowing us to learn raids before other English-speaking guilds even got into them. The best and biggest American guild was crushed, and we essentially won a civil war. HuaXia ended up becoming the largest guild in the server and was multi-language/cultural rather than just Chinese by the end (Mostly Chinese/Russian admittedly, although a lot of English speakers joined in too).

Anyways, I'm rambling because I'm tired. But the moral of the story is... allowing people from different nations to play together (at least in a PVP-heavy game), will often lead to race wars.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 12-20-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Biggest scandal for me would be Face of Mankind. A few years ago a player found out that JeSteR a DEV/GM was a pedophile and it became a big joke and people verbally attacking him and getting banned.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

It would also help with pings as pvping a dude from china while stationed in the us is a chore and a hassle.

Rock Man Reputation: 2

only i no but its hard to write becouse my english is not that great sorry about that

but the game companie aclaim with there game 2 moons (Dekaron)
    did some nasty things with the player base

some GM abuse there powers alot in the game
    they even hack not GM powers
    also they hack players ore give them the best gear and more that is forbiden even for GM

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I think separating continents/countries is the best method for a game to run. Preferably by IP block. Otherwise race wars start happening. A prime example of this is in Age of Wushu.
    That pretty much happens on all games, in NA probably it's English speakers vs Brazilians/Hispanic, and in EU versions it's quite a mess since there are so many countries/cultures/languages.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234